Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The BOOKS of C3V & SoV Index (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33402)

1Mmirg September 1st, 2011 12:19 PM

Re: C3V and SoV Books of Index

Yup, there was a little glitch and an early version of Zaeus was accidentally posted to the front page, rather than this correct version.

We'll call him Hatamoto Zaeus now. ;)

dalu September 1st, 2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 1472671)
The card in the book is correct. The card on the home page was a prototype.

You have excellent taste, dalu, good catch. ;)

I am very happy and appeased to read this !

quozl September 1st, 2011 12:31 PM

I've done one book! Who will do the next?

LordEsenwienIV September 1st, 2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1472690)
I've done one book! Who will do the next?

*cough*Not us*cough*

~LordEsenwienIV subtle is my middle name 8)

LordEsenwienIV September 1st, 2011 12:59 PM

Dad_Scaper is the new Keeper of the Books of C3V and SoV. If you wish to create a book, please contact him (Dad_Scaper)

Dad_Scaper September 1st, 2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV (Post 1472720)
Dad_Scaper is the new Keeper of the Books of C3V and SoV. If you wish to create a book, please contact him (Dad_Scaper)

You are correct, sir.

I'll also be doing the same sort of maintenance of the books we see from Rev, trying to keep conversation focused on the experience of playing with the unit.

Dad_Scaper September 1st, 2011 02:09 PM

Interestingly, all three units currently linked in the OP begin with the letter Z. The Letter of the Day is "Z."

Xotli September 1st, 2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalu (Post 1472667)
The card in the book is not the same as the card posted by Thruth in the Home page !!!
I prefer the one in the book.

Fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalu (Post 1472667)
The other text seems clear and safe at first, but I fear it is more likely to cause confusion in some circumstances.

Yes, your playtest comments were part of the reason it was changed in the first place. ;)

Minor glitch, all fixed now. Nothing to see here, move along folks, nothing to see here. :whistle:

caps September 2nd, 2011 03:27 AM

I am really pumped about the C3V customs. Same goes for SoV. I am really impressed with these army cards--they definitely have the feel of classic 'scape, but they add something new. The figures also look really great.

Thanks so much for all the time and effort you've put into this so far!

I do have a question though--I thought I read somewhere that C3V and SoV were both given the authority (by someone who had the authority) to officially add figures to the Heroscape canon. Was I wrong? Or was it just SoV? Because I saw the notice on the blog-post about how these are not official figures.

Taeblewalker September 2nd, 2011 04:10 AM

No one actually is adding anything to the official canon, but many members of this community are willing to accept the C3V and SoV units as tournament-playable. They will never be allowed at any official GenCon tournament, but they are thoroughly tested.

At the risk of tooting my own horn, I would say that we have extremely high standards for what we will allow ourselves to accept.

ZBeeblebrox September 2nd, 2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capsocrates (Post 1473212)
I am really pumped about the C3V customs. Same goes for SoV. I am really impressed with these army cards--they definitely have the feel of classic 'scape, but they add something new. The figures also look really great.

Thanks so much for all the time and effort you've put into this so far!

I do have a question though--I thought I read somewhere that C3V and SoV were both given the authority (by someone who had the authority) to officially add figures to the Heroscape canon. Was I wrong? Or was it just SoV? Because I saw the notice on the blog-post about how these are not official figures.

We are trying to make sure the SoV/C3V units work well within the Heroscape canon and that they are fully compatible...but its up to your gaming group and/or tournament director if you allow them to be played. There is not official authiority for heroscape. As for GenCon, because mant people come to genCon who do not know what scapers is, it is unwise and unfair to allow them at that large of a Venue.

What I'd like to see though is one event that is a SoV/C3V promotional Tournament at GenCon where its known that SoV/C3V units will be accepted.

Dad_Scaper September 2nd, 2011 07:58 AM

These units are all balanced, like everything that came before, with casual play in mind. The Greater Ice Elemental costs 120 points and will not ever be feared as a tournament powerhouse. Not because he costs too much, but because to get 120 points of value out of him you need the attendant circumstances (map, army, opposing army) to be just right.

When you start talking about competitive environments, it's up to the tournament director. I'm a tournament director, and at my events C3V and SoV are both allowed.

I had the advantage of knowing how awesome the C3V units were, though, when I made that rule.

The Tournament Director's #1 responsibility, in my opinion, is to get people to show up. If people come to his event and have fun, he's succeeded. To my mind, allowing C3V and SoV is a way to keep the hobby breathing and alive for the future, to keep people coming back as they play with new units and new ways they may interact with old ones.

So I allow them.

I'll be interested to see how they are received at events elsewhere, at the events where they are permitted. For now I hope TDs are looking at what we've done and are saying "That looks sharp, let me see what else is in Thormun's Reprieve, and maybe I'll allow it."

But it's their decision and, as I said, I believe their number one priority is to get butts in the seats.

footnote: GenCon is its own animal. I'm glad I don't have to decide anything about GenCon. :D