Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Comic Hero Custom Creations (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Felindar's Comic Customs Working on Stargate (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26248)

Melwing17 November 16th, 2009 11:40 PM

Re: Felindar's Comic Customs Links and cards for Dark Angel

They look really good, nice work.

Anakonga seems really overpowered or underpriced though. A 50 point common hero with 3 ranged attack with all skulls count for 1 additional? That's nuts. Plus the same bonus on the defense? Whew. I like it, but I'd probably up the point cost and make him unique.

A3n November 17th, 2009 06:56 AM

I don't believe there is any dictionary / official spelling for Dealio, but that's how I would spell it. From my recollection of the pronounciation of it there wasn't a "yo" in it, it was Deal-ee-O. Also my recollection had Max rarely ever using a gun, sure she was trained & did on occassion use them but it wasn't her thing from memory.

Eyes Only
REMOTE PLANNER: replace the first sentence with what Bats said, "Eyes Only does not have a figure." Apart from the other spelling mistakes Spidey pointed out, destroyed is misspelt also (only once the other is correct), & control only has 1 "l". The last 2 sentences could probably read: "If you roll a 20, destroy Eyes Only. If all figures you control are destroyed, destroy Eyes Only."

WHAT'S THE DEALYO: IMO would sound better: "Whilst Eyes Only is alive your opponent may not use Bonding or Tactician special abilities."

Lydecker
JAMMER: try "Lydecker is not affected by What's The Dealyo."
I personally think he is over-priced. I know he has some pretty cool abilities for the rest of the army but he is so weak a fart would take him down. My gut feel would be about 90.

Manticore Soldiers
Right side of text is too close to the edge of the text area.
Love the background you chose for the figures & I love the poses & positioning, however they should be larger & for perspective effect each figure that is supposed to be closer than the previous, should be larger, therefore the front figure should be the largest figure. Having said all that why are you using figures on this card when the other cards have real photos?
SOLDIER ARMY DEFENSE BONUS: Should be all in capitals. Could simply be said as "If every Army Card you control is a soldier, Manticore Soldiers receive 1 additional defense die.

Dark Angel
I love "Impetuous" as a personality for her 8), but I don't feel "Mutant" is the correct species for her. She is still human just genetically engineered to be perfect, not a mutation. In fact there are no mutations in her DNA that's why she is so perfect.

As a whole great work Felindar, only other nitpick is that the barcode & manticore logo aren't centred with the card name, & personally I would have got rid of the outside square shape of the manticore logo, but that's just a personal taste.

Cheers

GreyOwl November 17th, 2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 958394)
I don't believe there is any dictionary / official spelling for Dealio, but that's how I would spell it. From my recollection of the pronounciation of it there wasn't a "yo" in it, it was Deal-ee-O.

UrbanDictionary.com spells it "Dealio", too, if that counts for anything.

Quote:

Dark Angel
I love "Impetuous" as a personality for her 8), but I don't feel "Mutant" is the correct species for her. She is still human just genetically engineered to be perfect, not a mutation.

I agree, Impetuous is perfect and she isn't a Mutant.

Quote:

In fact there are no mutations in her DNA that's why she is so perfect.

That she is! ;)

The other thing I'd point out is that she never went by "Dark Angel" and nobody referred to her that way, as far as I recall. That was just the name of the show. So I'd probably just go with her real name only on the card.

Do you have any minis in mind for these customs?

Felindar November 17th, 2009 10:50 AM

I do want everyone to know that Word was down on my computer when I made them up so I had no spell check.

Minis are.
Steel troopers from AT-43 for the Troopers. I will be using them for other common sguad types at 10$ for 8 they are too good to pass up.

Captian Gordan with a grey painted hair for Lydecker.

Right now I have Clobberin Time - Black Widow For Max I am not the happyest but I could find none better. Sugjestions are welcome.

Eyes Only None of corse Thanks to Greyowl.

Why Minis in one photo.
I could not find a good Photo to use for the troopers. I did not want to go with just some swat guys but that is a posibility.

Mutation.
I know she is not a natural mutant, wich seems to make all the diffrence in the Marvel world. However, she dose have Cat DNA in her. Thus the goes into heat thing. This puts her at the top of my desert Island list. Even if she can not stand you chaching. Of corse she might kill you the next day but what a way to go. I was looking for some kind of descriptive to include the DNA manipulation, and making her a mutant gives the Sentinles and others the negative synergy I think she would receive in the marvel world.

GreyOwl November 17th, 2009 12:20 PM

I guess if you want her to have synergy with Marvel Mutants, then "Mutant" is the way to go. If not, then I'd suggest "Hybrid". I think that's how they were known in the show.

Felindar November 17th, 2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 958497)
I guess if you want her to have synergy with Marvel Mutants, then "Mutant" is the way to go. If not, then I'd suggest "Hybrid". I think that's how they were known in the show.

If I have space for Counts as Mutant on the card that would work. I just hate to think I was avoiding the bonusus from Sentinles and such.

Pete

Felindar November 17th, 2009 03:42 PM

I updated the cards. What do you guys think?

Pete

Felindar November 17th, 2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melwing17 (Post 958338)
They look really good, nice work.

Anakonga seems really overpowered or underpriced though. A 50 point common hero with 3 ranged attack with all skulls count for 1 additional? That's nuts. Plus the same bonus on the defense? Whew. I like it, but I'd probably up the point cost and make him unique.

What do you guys think? The Anakonga is the basis for all the other Anakonga units so if he is broke I have alot of work. For comparison look at the gorilinator. He is based off of them with the squad split up with Primadon tactics.

Pete

Aldin November 18th, 2009 05:21 PM

A couple of thoughts (since you asked me to take a look):

Max: Engineered Reflexes and Counterstrike seem... uncomfortable together. Perhaps ER should have "may roll" to allow for an attempt at counterstrike if preferred. Also, it is unclear whether or not Max takes leaving engagement strikes during her normal movement.

Eyes Only: Bad rolls should be low, so a roll of 1, not 20, would be more in keeping with existing paradigms. That said, I'm not a fan of off board figures - especially ones that are more powerful than Raelin and pretty much unkillable. I'm thinking he needs to be more vulnerable or more expensive.

Manticore Soldiers: Oddly powerful in conjunction with Marcus, but I don't really have any problems with these guys as written.

Lydecker: Probably needs more life. He's kinda the opposite of Eyes Only in the vulnerability department.

~Aldin, who hasn't watched the show in a long, long time

Felindar November 19th, 2009 01:07 PM

I had a moment of inspiration during my big game. I found some cool minis for SG-1. Here they are

http://home.comcast.net/~felindar/TV/SG-1%20minis.jpg

I am going to repaint the Vampire roustabout with a little trimming He should be a good Teilk. Trim the guy off of the Stalking alien for Dr. Jackson. Repaint the hair and uniform of the Shield trooper For Dr. Carter. Put the Thug with crowbar head on Crossbones for Col. O’Neil.

I was thinking of a power for all members
C4
Each Member of SG-1 is Equipped with X C4 C4

GLYPH

C4 glyphs may be placed instead of attacking
When activated Roll the 20 sided die
1 Nothing happens2-10 4 Attack dice11-19 5 Attack Dice 3 on each ajacient Hex
20 6 Attack dice 4 on each ajacent
Roll Defense dice separately
Glyphs are activated by whoever placed them or an army card you control with Demolitions expert special ability. You do not have to be on or adjacent to activate a C4 Glyph

Special abilities

Col. O’Neil
DEMOLITIONS EXPERT
All C4 glyphs activated by SG-1 Have the desired D20 roll. {I think this is not two powerful as you still have to roll damage.}
SG-1 LEADER
When you reveal an order marker on Col. O’Neil you may activate up to 4 members of SG-1 as if they were a squad.

Dr. Samantha Carter
I was thinking either
TECK EXPERT
All members of SG-1 receive Plus one attack die and Plus one Defense die against.
Soleborgs, robots, droids, Prymadons, and Soleborgs.
TECK EXPERT
Dr. Samantha Carter May activate Scientific Glyphs at Range as if she was standing on them. She may only activate one glyph at a time.
Maybe both.
Dr. Daniel Jackson
I was thinking the same as for Carter but Mystical. I can’t think of a way to do Mythological beings. Maybe utgar.

Teal'c
Has got to have a power
JAFA CREE
I want most of his powers built into his stats but perhaps a healing factor.

Pete

Cavalier November 19th, 2009 01:25 PM

Re: Felindar's Comic Customs Links and Thoughts on SG-1

I've been thinking of trying an SG:1 set myself. :thumbsup:

Hahma November 19th, 2009 01:30 PM

Re: Felindar's Comic Customs Links and Thoughts on SG-1

I'm not familiar with any of these guys Felindar, but they look kind of neat. :D