Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New England Heroscape: WE’RE BACK!!! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56426)

itsbuzzi December 16th, 2019 09:43 AM

New England Heroscape: WE’RE BACK!!!

NEXT EVENT

New England Heroscape Bi-Monthly Events

Calling all New England Heroscape players! Beginning in January 2020, we will be hosting bi-monthly (every other month) tournaments. We will use this thread to announce upcoming tournaments, as well as track results from previous events. Feel free to subscribe to this thread as all news will be posted here.

The organizers thus far are Chris Perkins & itsbuzzi. If you would like to host an event please let either Chris Perkins or itsbuzzi know and we can add you to our roster.

We have gotten positive feedback from the past several informal 'quarterly' events that we have held separately, and are excited about combining our efforts and the possibility of making tournaments in New England a regular occurrence again.

Date: Saturday, October 1st, 2022

Time: 1PM (Show up 10 minutes beforehand for registration) 4-50 minute rounds, estimate time of completion 5PM.

Location: Game N Friends or Once Upon A Memory Treasures Address Pending

Format: 500 points 24 hex Bring 2 Each player brings 2 armies that do not share any army cards. Before each game, both players roll a d20. The higher roll chooses to pick first or 2nd from the combined pool of 4 armies. The player picking first chooses 1 of the 4 armies, then then player picking 2nd chooses one of the remaining 3 armies.

Rules: NO Marvel or C3V/SoV. 3D prints are allowed. This is a Swiss System tournament. Partial card scoring will be used. (If you kill 1 figure out of a squad of 3, then you will get partial points for killing that figure).

Entry: $5; Donations welcome. Entry will go into a pool to which prizes will be bought beforehand and distribution will be determined by names drawn from a hat with 1 chance per person and 1 additional entry per win per person. Winner of the event will be given first pick then names will be drawn accordingly until all prizes have been claimed. Duplicate names will be discarded if chosen.

What to bring: Figures, cards, dice, wound markers, OM's, any and all other markers or things you will need for your army. If something else is required but forgotten some spare sets of items shall be brought.

Maps: To be determined If you are able to bring a map, feel free to do so - just post on this thread to claim that map that you plan to bring and bring it with you day-of. Otherwise maps will be as follows:

1: Vestige
2: Ruins of Rennoc
3: Song of the Walrus
4: Convergence
X: Additional maps may be added based off of expected attendance.

Glyph Pool: Intercept Order, Move +2, Defense +1, Wound, Unique Attack +1, D20 +1, and Initiative +8.

Treasure Glyph Pool: To be determined Heroic Rune (+1 Attack), Talisman of Defense (+1 Defense), and Potion of Healing (Heal 3 Wounds)

Treasure Glyph Trap: Roll a 1: The glyph is an illusion, remove it from the game. Roll a 2-5: Reverse the powers of the glyph; -1 attack, -1 defense, take 3 wounds. This glyph may not be dropped.

Attending:
itsbuzzi
Chris Perkins
Tritzix
Warlord Alpha
leevancleef & +1
Bunjee
Elstree

Maybe:
Taeblewalker

See Chris' post below for next event

Formatting for Events
Spoiler Alert!

Past Events:
Spoiler Alert!

Mentions

Chris Perkins December 16th, 2019 09:46 AM

Re: New England Heroscape Events

[Reserved]

Chris Perkins December 16th, 2019 10:02 AM

I'm excited about making these tournaments a regular occurrence and looking forward to being a part of organizing them.

We're going to do our best to make these events happen on the last Saturday of every other month to establish some consistency, meaning that right now we're aiming for March 28th to be the 2nd event, but that isn't set in stone yet. We'll have each event's date / location finalized by the time of the event before it.

For now, I'm looking forward to Itsbuzzi's event and hoping to see lots of y'all there.

Additional Mentions:

Joseph Sweeney December 16th, 2019 05:02 PM

I’ll see what I can do. Definitely couldn’t come monthly but perhaps biannually or something. Thanks for the mention!

~JS

itsbuzzi December 17th, 2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 2339020)
I’ll see what I can do. Definitely couldn’t come monthly but perhaps biannually or something. Thanks for the mention!

~JS

Hey there, glad to hear from you and no problem at all! We aren't looking for a bimonthly commitment from everyone to show up every time. Just know that whenever you would like to come down we will be here ready to play.

nova December 30th, 2019 10:22 PM

How have the new england events been going, will you guys be able to keep doing them? Ive wanted to go to a few this year but havent been able to. Its looking like im going to be able to start going to stuff now, for these bi monthly events will they always be at the same location? Im prob gonna skip this one cause im not really a fan of reverse the whip but this venue is an hour and a half from me which is doable. I live in new hampshire btw

Chris Perkins December 31st, 2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nova (Post 2340729)
How have the new england events been going, will you guys be able to keep doing them? Ive wanted to go to a few this year but havent been able to. Its looking like im going to be able to start going to stuff now, for these bi monthly events will they always be at the same location? Im prob gonna skip this one cause im not really a fan of reverse the whip but this venue is an hour and a half from me which is doable. I live in new hampshire btw

We certainly plan on continuing to run them, hence this thread :)

For the two I hosted last year, I had 16 & 8 attendees, respectively.

The location for these is going to rotate. Itsbuzzi will be hosting them further south (near Providence), like the January event, and I will be hosting them within a ~ 10 mile radius of Framingham, MA (I'm going to try and get close to the intersection of I-90 & I-495 when I can since I think that's easier for people travelling from further away).

itsbuzzi January 2nd, 2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nova (Post 2340729)

Hey, haven't been on in a few days, new years and all that. We do plan on having these events bi monthly and will try to keep them to the 3rd Saturday of the month as well.

My area is fairly devoid of game stores so the location for this next event will most likely be the meetup place for when I run events. Chris and I will rotate so the next event will be hosted by him and thus will be a bit closer to you. We will also be rotating formats, I just so happen to pick this one out of a list and I myself and not as fond of it either as I can't seem to create an army I like for it!

Hope to see you at the next one!

nova January 2nd, 2020 10:32 AM

Dope, thanks guys. cant wait to finally play this game in tournament

Cleon January 13th, 2020 03:23 AM

Put me and my dad down as maybes :up:

Curry_Noodles January 13th, 2020 08:43 AM

More than likely will be attending! I'll be sure to follow up this week. So is it just one 520pt team?

Chris Perkins January 13th, 2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles (Post 2342104)
So is it just one 520pt team?

Yes - you just bring one 520 point army.