Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of A-Bomb (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=49711)

TrollBrute December 29th, 2013 12:46 PM

The Book of A-Bomb

The Book of A-Bomb

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 43
HULK SMASH!

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Bomb_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...-Bomb_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Incredible Hulk set.
Its model number and name are #040 / A-Bomb.

Character Bio - Under the control of M.O.D.O.K., the Intelligencia attempted to use Abomination's blood to turn mild-mannered Rick Jones into a weapon programmed to defeat the Hulk. However, with Bruce's help, Rick was able to overcome this programming and is now a Hero on the level of the Hulk, his former mentor.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
3 January 2021 - Super Leap wording update
7 March 2021 - Species changed to Gamma Mutate

TrollBrute December 29th, 2013 12:46 PM

Re: The Book of A-Bomb - Design Phase

NAME = A-BOMB
SECRET IDENTITY = RICK JONES

SPECIES = GAMMA MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 370

CAMOUFLAGE
If A-Bomb is not engaged, he cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or any special powers that require clear sight.

SUPER LEAP 50
Instead of his normal move, A-Bomb may move up to 10 spaces with Super Leap. When moving with Super Leap, A-Bomb has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 50 levels in a single leap. A-Bomb rolls 3 fewer attack dice on any turn that he chooses to Super Leap.

SMASH LANDING
After moving with Super Leap, instead of attacking, you may roll an unblockable attack die against each figure within 2 spaces of A-Bomb whose base is not more than 3 levels above or below A-Bomb's base. Place each figure that received a wound from this special power on an empty space within 1 space of its original placement. Placed figures never take any leaving engagement attacks and non-flying figures moved lower can receive any falling damage that may apply.

SUPER STRENGTH

IAmBatman December 29th, 2013 02:27 PM

Smash Landing needs to specify what type of die (do we usually say attack die there or combat die?). Looks good otherwise!

Would "Unstable" fit for his personality.

quozl December 29th, 2013 02:47 PM

I really like Camouflage. Has that been used before?

As for Smash Landing, I think 3 spaces is too many. I simplified it a bit by taking out the Super Strength and then added in LEAs and falling damage. How's this?

Quote:

SMASH LANDING
After moving with Super Leap and instead of attacking, you may use Smash Landing. Roll an unblockable attack die once for each figure within 2 spaces of A-Bomb whose base is not more than 3 levels above or below A-Bomb's base. If you roll a skull, you may place the figure on any empty space one space away. A figure moved by Smash Landing never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Smash Landing can receive any falling damage that may apply.

TrollBrute December 29th, 2013 03:56 PM

Comic art:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1898011)
Would "Unstable" fit for his personality.

That might work. TO be honest, I'm not really familiar all that familiar with A-Bomb but I liked the idea of Smash Landing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1898017)
I really like Camouflage. Has that been used before?

Nope. I was surprised by that fact, but the closest I could find was Titanium Man's Cloaking System.

I could roll with that version of Smash Landing, but if we're dropping the wounding part, how about this:

Quote:

SMASH LANDING
After moving with Super Leap and instead of before attacking, you may use Smash Landing. Roll an unblockable attack die once for each figure within 2 spaces of A-Bomb whose base is not more than 3 levels above or below A-Bomb's base. If you roll a skull, you may place the figure on any empty space one space away. A figure moved by Smash Landing never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Smash Landing can receive any falling damage that may apply.

quozl December 29th, 2013 04:00 PM

The version I posted wounds more than the original. It doesn't drop wounds at all. :)

TrollBrute December 29th, 2013 04:06 PM

That it does! I was reading it as if it read "combat" die rather than "attack" die. Yeah, I'm cool with that version. :)

A3n December 29th, 2013 06:32 PM

Looks good TB.

I like Unstable for the personality.

Q's version of Smash Landing works but for the phrasing "one space away." That's not defined well enough.

quozl December 29th, 2013 07:09 PM

Modified a bit:

Quote:

SMASH LANDING
After moving with Super Leap and instead of attacking, you may use Smash Landing. Roll an unblockable attack die against each figure within 2 spaces of A-Bomb whose base is not more than 3 levels above or below A-Bomb's base. You may place all figures that received a wound from this special attack on empty spaces, each within 1 space of their original placements. A figure moved by Smash Landing never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Smash Landing can receive any falling damage that may apply.

IAmBatman December 31st, 2013 01:26 PM

I don't know A-Bomb very well either - maybe Spidey can jump in here and help with the personality?

Liking the direction of the Smash Landing edits. :up:

TrollBrute January 1st, 2014 05:12 PM

SP updated with Unstable personality and Smash Landing edits. If there are no more comments here, I'll send this guy out to the ERB tonight.

Lord Pyre January 1st, 2014 08:11 PM

Just worried he'll demolish squads, especially since he's invisible to range much of the time, but otherwise loving the design! :up: