Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

quozl December 11th, 2019 11:50 AM

Re: The Book of Vehicle Rules - VOTE for On Deck

I thought about that change at first but I don't think it works. A building is a DO and can be occupied but cannot be controlled.

A better fix would be:

A VDO is not considered under a player's control unless it is occupied by a figure in your army.

IAmBatman December 11th, 2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2338065)
I thought about that change at first but I don't think it works. A building is a DO and can be occupied but cannot be controlled.

A better fix would be:

A VDO is not considered under a player's control unless it is occupied by a figure in your army.

A building isn't going to be in your army, so these rules aren't relevant to a building. The lead in phrase to the bullet point in question establishes this.

I'm also not 100% sure a building is going to be a DO, rather than select parts of a building, but that's a whole different rabbit hole. :-)

Your better fix is worse, IMO, as it leaves open an interpretation for any non VDO that's drafted in your army to be considered under your control as a default under these rules, which I do not believe is desirable.

quozl December 11th, 2019 12:05 PM

So porta-potties won't be draftable?

I think the better fix is to say draftable DOs and not under your control unless specified by that DO's rules. Then in the VDO rules you say how VDOs are controlled.

IAmBatman December 11th, 2019 12:15 PM

I've seen no indication that the Portable Toilet was intended to be drafted. There's no point cost listed in its SP and it's not been discussed as a draftable DO.

Yodaking December 11th, 2019 01:27 PM

I believe Nobody's fix, that Bats accepted, works for my concerns. :up:

IAmBatman December 11th, 2019 02:27 PM

Glad to hear it. I struggle to think of a situation in which we'd want to allow a DO to be 1. In your army 2. Occupied by you and 3. This not mean it's in your control.

Even if we DID make the Portable Toilets draftable, I'm not sure what mechanical consequence there would be to controlling it or not. :shrug:

MrNobody December 11th, 2019 02:31 PM

I am the Porta-Potty Controller, controller of the porta-potties!

BEWARE MY WRATH!

Yodaking December 11th, 2019 03:00 PM

Just trying to give you some insight into my thinking here, just in case you see some rules wording implication I don't see.

I was thinking about my Freeze Ray Gun DO for Dr. Horrible idea (also Quozl's gun turret comment made me think of HoSS's DO that is a weapon you have to enter). Not exactly sure how it will all work out in the end, it could be something that only works via a remote control feature, it could be something anyone runs up next to and can use, or maybe it's drafted into an army and can only be used you your adj. figures and not the opponents (like a code or fingerprint or something is required to turn it on). Just wanted to leave design space open concerning control of a draftable DO without actually occupying it.

IAmBatman December 11th, 2019 03:06 PM

Sounds like something the special rules will specify in terms of control. Special rules on cards exist to give exceptions to rules in rule books, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Yodaking December 11th, 2019 03:06 PM

:up:

IAmBatman December 11th, 2019 08:09 PM

Need two votes or 19 hours here.

IAmBatman December 12th, 2019 03:01 PM

This passes to On Deck! @japes if you could make that small edit to that bullet point mentioned above when you get a chance, that'd be much appreciated. :-)