Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Taeblewalker August 22nd, 2020 01:53 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 2412892)
Currently playing a big game including Dalinar and Aslan. Cool stuff guys!

Thanks! I don't believe I worked on those two units, but I am very proud of the work I have done with HoF.

Confred August 22nd, 2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2412421)
I would reorder the powers with Boogeyman first, then Tactical Movement, then Master Assassin and Human Shield.

Then it goes in order of your turn with movement powers first, then attack, then defense.

Movement powers, flying, disengage etc are last. Resurrection powers etc are laster..

So I believe order is actually correct

Confred August 22nd, 2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2412413)
I like where this has gone. Here is the updated car with the new wording.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/9f4...gw94t1zqzg.jpg

If everyone is in agreement I think it is time to vote. If so he has my :thumbsup:

Triple attack at range is what had his points so high. With new version will have to test again for points

Confred August 22nd, 2020 10:02 AM

Re: Wording

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2412431)
I do think Tactical Movement should be

John Wick may attack before, after, or at any point during his movement.

There's not really a good scape analog but it's what is used in C3G and I think it's a concise wording.

We want him to have to stop if he uses Boogeyman right?

~Dysole, covering bases

~

I've never liked that C3G wording, doesn't feel correct particularly "during" it's confusing. While our version here clears up the confusion.

Yes Boogeyman stops abuse

Confred August 22nd, 2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkins (Post 2412892)
Currently playing a big game including Dalinar and Aslan. Cool stuff guys!

Awesome, battle report after!

Dysole August 22nd, 2020 11:03 AM

Why Are You My Clarity?

There's two ways to read the wording you have. John Wick can stop once, attack, and keep moving or he can stop as many times as he has attacks and keep moving after that. That's why the during language helps with that clarity.

~Dysole, not sure what isn't clear about the C3G wording

Confred August 22nd, 2020 06:25 PM

Re: Why Are You My Clarity?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2412917)
There's two ways to read the wording you have. John Wick can stop once, attack, and keep moving or he can stop as many times as he has attacks and keep moving after that. That's why the during language helps with that clarity.

~Dysole, not sure what isn't clear about the C3G wording

I didn't like "during" but with researching, Kumiko uses such wording. So I'm okay with the adjustment.

Otherwise:
Instead of moving and attacking normally, John Wick may attack before moving and continue moving after each of his attacks.

Taeblewalker August 22nd, 2020 06:35 PM

That sounds good to me.

Confred August 22nd, 2020 11:52 PM

Re: Why Are You My Clarity?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2412962)
Instead of moving and attacking normally, John Wick may attack before moving and continue moving after each of his attacks.

This alternate wording had an unintentional function change, but it is an interesting one. It requires attacking first to unlock the special movement. This could be another way to dial power level and points down.

Ps: I'm fine with this being a more expensive figure since he's one man army

Confred August 22nd, 2020 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2412350)
If I may return to my first draft suggestion:
Quote:

MASTER ASSASSIN
After attacking, John Wick may attack one additional time for each opponent's figure who is adjacent to him.

If his number of attacks vary and his movement varies and when he attacks varies, this version could have tracking issues

Alternate:
After attacking a figure that isn't a destructible object, if John Wick is engaged he may attack two additional times.

Confred August 24th, 2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2412995)
Alternate:
After attacking a figure that isn't a destructible object, if John Wick is engaged he may attack two additional times.

MASTER ASSASSIN
After attacking, if John Wick is engaged, he may continue attacking to a maximum of two additional times.

While we're editing.. Let's fold Tactical Movement into Boogeyman:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit..._wickv7_73.png

MASTER ASSASSIN
After attacking, if John Wick is engaged, he may continue attacking to a maximum of two additional times.

BOOGEYMAN
John Wick may attack before, during, and after moving. He may move through medium figures during this movement. If he does, he may end his movement to add 2 additional attack dice on his next attack against a figure he moved through.

HUMAN SHIELD
When rolling defense dice against a nonadjacent normal attack, if John Wick is adjacent to an opponent's medium figure, add an additional defense die to his roll. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the adjacent figure.

~~~
It has been a process, but I think this one is really shaping up.

Confred August 27th, 2020 10:36 PM

Playtested against another random army. This time Monks and Ninjas.
John Wick was defeated, but not before taking out 200 Points worth of figures.

Master Assassin: Changes good!
Only shooting once at range adds a menacing/harassing factor while not being OP (demoralizing) - this also encourages John Wick to close in and activate his other powers

Boogeyman: Changes good!
The bonus attack takes off an edge, counteracts the drawback of having to close in. Being able to maximize position options is useful and flavorful

Human Shield: Cool
While this power didn't come into play this game, it received multiple compliments from the Facebook feed; it's different; and it doesn't seem OP.

With the changes, John Wick is without a doubt less than 245 Points. I'm thinking 180-210 Points.