Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

McHotcakes August 21st, 2017 07:08 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2159989)

Elas from Frozen. This is what I have done.
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/34b...s467b55tzg.jpg

I'm wondering if we should change Do You Want To Build A Snowman to say you may place one previously destroyed snowman OR an Ice Elemental you control.

Or something along those lines

TREX August 21st, 2017 07:59 PM

Frostgrave minis are a touch smaller than heroscape figures. They are 28mm compared to heroscape minis being heroic 28mm to 30mm ish. Just so you know. I assembled 8 of the 20 cultists I picked up for frostgrave. With it being a little princess that might not look too bad.

Confred August 22nd, 2017 06:57 AM

Can you kick the original Army Card back up?
with text copied underneath?

Confred August 22nd, 2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsubo (Post 2160016)
The way Do You Want To Build A Snowman 11 is written makes it open to be used with a custom snowman card. Was that intentional? If it was, do you already have a card for snowmen or should we make one to go with her?

An argument could be made for shortening her range and reduce her defense by 1, but other than that, I thinks it's mainly wording and playtesting.

I like designs that are open ended And get people asking "where's the rest? Moar!"

JC McMinis August 22nd, 2017 05:22 PM

Card
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/34b...s467b55tzg.jpg

Text Version
Elsa of Arendelle
Jandar

Human
Unique Hero
Queen
Caring
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 3
Defense 4

Snow Queen
When Elsa is on a ice or water space,that space and all adjacent same level water spaces are considered normal ice. Figures do not have to stop their movement on normal ice spaces. Heavy snow and slippery ice only count as one space when moving Elsa.

Do You Want To Build A Snowman 11
Instead of taking a turn with Elsa, you may roll the 20-sided die. IF you roll an 11 or higher, you may place one of your previously destroyed snowman figures in an empty space adjacent to Elsa. Any elemental you control with the Ice Cold ability is considered a snowman.

Ice Shield
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure. One shield will block all damage.

Zetsubo August 22nd, 2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2160126)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsubo (Post 2160016)
The way Do You Want To Build A Snowman 11 is written makes it open to be used with a custom snowman card. Was that intentional? If it was, do you already have a card for snowmen or should we make one to go with her?

An argument could be made for shortening her range and reduce her defense by 1, but other than that, I thinks it's mainly wording and playtesting.

I like designs that are open ended And get people asking "where's the rest? Moar!"

That's fair. Open ended would probably be the best approach.

I still say she should have 3 defense. All other figures with similar one shield blocks all damage abilities have about 3 defense. Plus she isn't a fighter. I can't see her having the same defense as trained knight, even with her abilities.

JC McMinis August 22nd, 2017 05:47 PM

I would be fine with dropping her defense to 3 and even her range to 4.

Confred August 22nd, 2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsubo (Post 2160145)
I still say she should have 3 defense. All other figures with similar one shield blocks all damage abilities have about 3 defense. Plus she isn't a fighter. I can't see her having the same defense as trained knight, even with her abilities.

Without putting much thought into it, I say keep Defense higher, but reduce Life. Have her like a "glass cannon"

Edit: In Walmart, there is a game called "Monopoly Gamer: Super Mario"
Those figures are perfect scale I think (For previous Mario figure)

JC McMinis August 22nd, 2017 11:54 PM

I have seen the gamer Monopoly as well. I plan on getting it, not only for Mario, but also because I have customs for DK, Diddy Kong and Wario fleshed out. Wario and Diddy are sold in boosters. Also there is a collectors edition you can get online at Walmart.com for more that includes Bowser. I probably will get the collector's edition.

Back to Elsa. I can kind of see her as a glass cannon type. But I'm kind of torn.

Confred August 23rd, 2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2160180)

Back to Elsa. I can kind of see her as a glass cannon type. But I'm kind of torn.

Think how small and frail she is. She has awesome control over her element. Think about the castle building scene; she could just as easily make shields and lances and spikes.
But once past all that, hard to think of anything but *snap

JC McMinis August 23rd, 2017 11:07 AM

I can see your point. Maybe drop her life to 3. Should we raise her defense to represent the ice walls etc.

McHotcakes August 23rd, 2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2160196)
I can see your point. Maybe drop her life to 3. Should we raise her defense to represent the ice walls etc.

I like the idea of her having low life high defense. I could honestly see her with defense of 6. She was able to instantly build ice walls to block arrows