Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Dysole April 11th, 2016 08:51 PM

Loose change

Good with the changes.

Drake (II) disagrees with point 1.

I prefer evil scientist as long as it doesn't look clunky on the card.

~Dysole, who still finds pharmacist as a class hilarious

Confred April 11th, 2016 09:26 PM

Re: Loose change

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2084606)
Drake (II) disagrees with point A.

You have a good point. Drake II, is perhaps outdated, but Kurrok the Elementalist has some interesting name play, and the most updated wording.

I'm not sure yet what's going on with the wording tbh, but how about:

NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, you must choose him to be the Nemesis. After revealing an order marker and before taking the turn, the Nemesis may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

BEHOLD MY DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK

Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 3 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack once per game.

Confred April 15th, 2016 01:41 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 3 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz may only attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack once per game.

Confred April 18th, 2016 04:23 PM

BEHOLD MY DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK (O)
Range Special. Attack 5.
Once per game, Dr. Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 2 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Notes: Erevan Sunshadow has his once per game power state that it is once per game at the start of the power text. No figure that I am aware of has come out since Erevan that has a once per game power.
The Special Attack was intended to hit three spaces to represent the "Tri-Arc". If you choose within 3 spaces, I think it is actually 4: The chosen space + 3. If this is correct then +2 = the intended 3 spaces.
Clear sight is only needed on the chosen space. Clear sight isn't needed to affect the figures, does this need to be stated? I tried a few wording versions and it seemed clunky.

I playtested Doof vs Carr. He whiffed his SA and Carr mopped him up.
The Nemesis move was a decent enough drawback. I can see Doof dropping to 45 Points.

BEHOLD MY DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK (M)
Range Special. Attack 5.
Once per game, Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Doofenshmirtz does not need clear line of sight to attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Choose a space within 5 spaces of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 2 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Note: Using Mindflayer wording for clear sight, and removing the clear sight reference adds more text, but may be better and clearer.

BEHOLD MY DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK (J)
Range Special. Attack 5.
Once per game, Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 2 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Doofenshmirtz only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen space. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

Note: Shotgun Johnny's wording may also work.
In fact, Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan may be a good figure of comparison.
He's 65 Points. Same Life. Same SA range. +3 NA range. -1 Attack. -1 Defense. -1 SA radius. -2 SA damage. SA isn't limited to once per game. SA doesn't require d20.

JC McMinis April 20th, 2016 01:43 PM

I like J the best myself

Confred April 20th, 2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2085732)
I like J the best myself

:thumbsup:

Thus, Current Wording:

NEMESIS MOTIVATION (I)
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, you must choose him to be the Nemesis. After revealing an order marker and before taking the turn, the Nemesis may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

BEHOLD MY DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK (II)
Range Special. Attack 5.
Once per game, Doofenshmirtz may attack with his Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Choose a space within 5 clear sight spaces of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz. All figures on the chosen space and within 2 spaces of the chosen space are affected by Behold My Destructinator Special Attack. Doofenshmirtz only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen space. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may choose a different space within 5 spaces of Doofenshmirtz to be the chosen space. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

alt
NEMESIS MOTIVATION (A)
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent controls Perry the Platypus, you must choose him to be the Nemesis. After revealing an order marker and before taking the turn, the Nemesis may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

Request Playtests vs Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan

Confred April 23rd, 2016 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2085733)
Request Playtests vs Johnny “Shotgun” Sullivan

After 3 playtests I'm comfortable in thinking these two figures are equivalent, and this figure flavorful without theme breaks; I would like to push this design forward.

Proposed Wording: (Same as previously posted "Current Wording", versions I and II)

NEMESIS MOTIVATION

Range Special. Attack 5.

Proposed Left Side Bar:

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
EVIL SCIENTIST
TORMENTED
MEDIUM 5

Proposed Right Side Bar:

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 4
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 3
POINTS 65

Unofficial Card Visual:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...7_original.jpg

:thumbsup:

Dysole April 23rd, 2016 03:25 AM

Solid

Looks good to me. :thumbsup:

~Dysole, observationally

JC McMinis April 23rd, 2016 06:03 AM

I agree here is the (hopefully) Official final card. It has my :thumbsup:
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psj5bilrgn.jpg

Confred April 23rd, 2016 09:51 AM

May sound silly @Dysole , but you need to literally "thumbs up" it for vote to count.
@JC McMinis may I see what the card would look like with the first Destructinator written as Destruct- inator, to break that first large gap in the SA wording?

JC McMinis April 23rd, 2016 01:24 PM

@Confred No problem. Here you go
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psmcavhszu.jpg

TREX April 23rd, 2016 11:04 PM

Bravo gentlemen, if this is the final card then, well done. I actually started watching a little of this show the other day because my little girl had it on and was enjoying it. Doofenshmirtz is a goofball.:)