Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred April 8th, 2016 07:43 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Since he has a less than 50% chance to succeed, 65 POINTS may be ok. Opinions?

CJofCourse April 8th, 2016 09:13 PM

Re: Kosher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2084058)
I'm good with it. If I notice any wording fixes I'll take care of them later.

~Dysole, informationally

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred
Since he has a less than 50% chance to succeed, 65 POINTS may be ok. Opinions?

Ends in 5, is balanced, looks good to me @Confred .

Sooooo..... Is that basically it on the SP and the SA? And now all we need to do now is agree on points and figure out basic stats? & then Doof is finished?!

In this post I would also like to mention that I have a proposal to make to the entire Heroes of Fiction team, just need to word it a little better so that I don't come across as rude or out of place. Will probably have figured it all out by the end of the month if not by next week.

Barry allen April 8th, 2016 10:57 PM

No one would take it the wrong way if you just state that you not trying to be rude.;)

JC McMinis April 9th, 2016 02:18 AM

Afreed and yes...I think Doof is good as posted and 65 points seems right to me.
Edit; DUHHH :p Here is the Updated card
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psgfnrznnn.jpg

So I officially give it my :thumbsup:

CJofCourse April 9th, 2016 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2084126)
Afreed and yes...I think Doof is good as posted and 65 points seems right to me.
Edit; DUHHH :p Here is the Updated card
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psgfnrznnn.jpg

So I officially give it my :thumbsup:

Hallelujah! Looks perfect!
Just my opinion, but I think @Taeblewalker should begin preparing a Hero considering this one is basically finished.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2084105)
No one would take it the wrong way if you just state that you not trying to be rude.;)

Possibly, except that I have only made myself known to this team for a few months and haven't been acknowledged as a full member yet. I don't want to look like that guy who just comes in and flips everything over and takes control. Probably just me overthinking everything as usual, but still...

TREX April 10th, 2016 01:11 PM

@CJtheMighty , constructive criticism is great when applied the right way. This thread has been going far longer than I have been a part of it. I might suggest that if you want too many changes you might want to just do your own customs thread. Since your not a member maybe suggest some changes to the existing members. Team projects are just that, a group of people coming to a consensus of what the team goal is.

JC McMinis April 10th, 2016 05:13 PM

I believe @Taeblewalker , @Confred and myself are the only original members of the beginning group who are left. So if any of us have any complete say or any kind of veto power on any changes it will be the three of us. That is not to say we won't consider any new ideas to improve this project

CJofCourse April 10th, 2016 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2084320)
@CJtheMighty , constructive criticism is great when applied the right way. This thread has been going far longer than I have been a part of it. I might suggest that if you want too many changes you might want to just do your own customs thread. Since your not a member maybe suggest some changes to the existing members. Team projects are just that, a group of people coming to a consensus of what the team goal is.

Thanks for the support, I am only suggesting one rule addition/modification and am only suggesting it, I understand that I may not be agreed with and accept it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2084364)
I believe @Taeblewalker , @Confred and myself are the only original members of the beginning group who are left. So if any of us have any complete say or any kind of veto power on any changes it will be the three of us. That is not to say we won't consider any new ideas to improve this project

Acknowledged JC. I am also aware that anything I propose will be considered by the team and by the original members and that what is said by them is taken as final word.

CJofCourse April 10th, 2016 09:17 PM

Well... Here it is.
I propose that a new rule be added/modified to attempt to prevent the team from getting bored due to a custom taking longer than expected and/or getting frustrated due to problems during custom design such as, arguing over a stat/s, a Special Power's specific wording. Or even bringing everything to a halt due to members not being able to check heroscapers because they are busy.

The Proposed Rule Addition/Modification:
Quote:

5 months* after a custom has been initiated by the lead designer, if the custom has not been deemed finished, the lead designer decides on the final stats, power wording, and otherwise final draft of the custom. And proposes to finalize the custom. All members then proceed as usual during the voting stage. If a member feels that the custom is not ready, he must say so and 2 weeks(*1) will be added to the Draft stage. And the end of the added time the custom is then finalized by the lead designer. The next custom is chosen by the next member in line, and all proceeds as normal except with the addition of this rule.
*Could be 4, or 6. Depending on what everyone thinks about it.
(*1) or 3, or one month.

The other advantages of this rule include:
  • Ensuring that HOF gets at least 2 customs out in a year.
  • Keeping everything fresh.
  • Giving members the promise that if they can't help with one character, they know that something new will be here in a few months.

Please let me know what you think, everything and anything is helpful. Please do not feel as though you would be offending me if you decide this rule is out of place and/or should not be incorporated into Heroes of Fiction. I came up with this idea with only the interest of HOF in mind, if no one else thinks it would be helpful to HOF, then please say so because, chances are, you have been here longer than I have and have more experience in this area.
With best interest in mind -CJ

Barry allen April 11th, 2016 04:10 PM

That sounds good because then it would allow new members and therefore pushing everyone to get it done so that you can move on.

Confred April 11th, 2016 05:16 PM

Testing. I've tried to post twice now. Too much text to lose without patience with it.
Edit:
Doof
(A) Dr. Doofenshmirtz vs Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
As a call sign, the simpler Dr. is by far more common.
If you choose Heinz, must needs include Heinz in all of power texts.

(B) Scientist vs Evil Scientist
Evil Scientist is the shtick. I relate it to Mage vs Archmage, Witch vs Warwitch, Killer vs Serial Killer, Terrorist vs Bioterrorist, etc.

test edit:
Change in Policy
(I ) I propose we allow unattended and absent by Lead designs to be tabled.
(I.2 ) I propose tabled designs to be posted in a new section at the bottom of page 1, with a title similar to Tabled / WIP
(I.3 ) I propose proposed tabling be required to have thumbs up votes by members.
(I.4 ) I propose the thumbs up votes by members to table to be 3.
(I.5 ) I propose that nonmembers may request tabling.
(I.6 ) I propose no set time for determining something being inactive for too long, instead use "feels"
(I.7 ) I propose that any tabled design can be chosen during any member's turn as their chosen character to be drafted and developed,
(I.8 ) I propose that any drafted design previously in the Tabled / WIP zone may be halted by member if they deem it to stray too far from original design. The old design would then return to the table and then the current progress becomes a new project for the same character. HoF has the capacity to make different versions of the same character.
(II ) I propose the official proper etiquette to draw attention to things to be voted and commented on to be colored blue with an identifying number in parenthesis, such as (II).

TREX April 11th, 2016 07:08 PM

Good call @Confred , I like your policy change ideas. I think that will help HOF keep from getting stagnant.