Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Barry allen February 12th, 2016 06:07 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2073452)
Each person in the order of members on their turn picks their character, presents an idea of what they would like the card to look like in text form. Then the team discusses and improves on the ideas and brainstorms if their are some better options that represent the character. Did you look in the links I included above, there is some good stuff in there. The other thing that is required is well, to have fun.

Oh my bad I didn't notice the links. Thanks that helps.

McHotcakes February 14th, 2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2073218)
Count me in!:thumbsup:

Its always great to have new blood for the project. Playtesting always seems to slow us down, so if you can pitch and help us finish Doofenshmirtz then we can hopefully get this thing rolling again.

JC McMinis February 16th, 2016 01:06 PM

I am still in for this. Been a little busy, getting prepared to make the last payment on my house here soon. But hopefully we can get this ball rolling again, finish up Dr. Doof and then move on to Taeblewalker's who is next in line.

TREX February 16th, 2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2074140)
I am still in for this. Been a little busy, getting prepared to make the last payment on my house here soon. But hopefully we can get this ball rolling again, finish up Dr. Doof and then move on to Taeblewalker's who is next in line.

I would be ok with having new members if we can keep the designs rolling.

Confred February 18th, 2016 01:32 PM

I think it is important to keep adding new members. I've been busy and sometimes only get on the computer once a week. I witness through the phone, but posting through the phone is not fun to me.

Confred February 18th, 2016 01:48 PM

I was thinking about this card and this thread. He needs less work than expected.

Propose
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...0_original.jpg

Barry allen February 18th, 2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2074498)
I was thinking about this card and this thread. He needs less work than expected.

Propose
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...0_original.jpg

I think it looks good and I used this card the other day and it should be a maximum of 60 points. Being that the attack can be redirected to Doofensmirtz he could end up killing himself. And his class should be invemtor not evil scientist.

Dysole February 19th, 2016 12:19 AM

Wordsmithing

Okay lemme clear up our wording.

NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent has Perry the Platypus you must choose him to be Dr. Doffensmirtz's Nemesis. While the Nemesis is on the battlefield,
  • Any time you roll the 20 sided die for initiative or a power not on this card, you may add 1 to your roll.
  • Before taking a turn with Dr. Doofenshmirtz, the Nemesis may move normally.

BEHOLD THE TRI-STATE AREA DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5.
Choose a figure to attack. No line of sight is required. All figures within 3 spaces of the chosen figure are also affected by the attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may change the target of the attack to a different figure. Dr. Doofenshmirtz may be chosen as the new target. If Dr. Doofenshmirtz is adjacent to his Nemesis, he must use this power. You may use this power only once per game.

I think that brings us in line with official wording. I'd prefer targeting a space but figure will work. Also agree on inventor.

~Dysole, noting that since it is targeting a figure we could just change it to BEHOLD MY DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK

Confred February 19th, 2016 01:36 AM

Trivia: The "Tri-State Area" is represented by the attack affecting everything within 3 spaces. Note: I'm OK with reducing the name.

I don't like the Dr's personal inspiration inspiring others, enhancing their rolls.
Keep it to Initiative I say.

I prefer Evil Scientist, but I won't down vote for it.

I'd like him lower on the Points scale, but 50 is too low for the nasty potential.
If he's just too weak, Life up to 6 may be OK.

"May move normally" feels awkward, which official card uses this wording?

Dysole February 19th, 2016 09:49 AM

Eh

I think the original theme reason was that Doof makes them better with his tech.

I actually think I prefer just scientist to both options. It's short and representative. Very few class names are more than one word.

Considering Tri-State Area is a place name in the show it seems strange to have the attack hit a figure.

Is 55 an acceptable point total?

As for move normally, we don't have any official card that does this kind of power. Typically, there is a space limit given which actually might be our best call here since there could be funky rules interactions with either of our powers. So something like Nemesis may move up to 5 spaces.

~Dysole, chiming in

Confred February 19th, 2016 09:59 AM

Moving 4 spaces is basically a standard, we could use that.

I don't think the Dr. should be a Cheerleader unit. I think he should be a decoy, a taunt that draws the enemy's attention freeing your real units to do the work.

Barry allen February 19th, 2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2074572)
Trivia: The "Tri-State Area" is represented by the attack affecting everything within 3 spaces. Note: I'm OK with reducing the name.

I don't like the Dr's personal inspiration inspiring others, enhancing their rolls.
Keep it to Initiative I say.

I prefer Evil Scientist, but I won't down vote for it.

I'd like him lower on the Points scale, but 50 is too low for the nasty potential.
If he's just too weak, Life up to 6 may be OK.

"May move normally" feels awkward, which official card uses this wording?

Well he is an evil scientist but he doesn't really do science as it's classified in the show as what Phineas and Ferb do. Now he mainly invents Inator's well that's all he does. So that is why I think he should be an inventor.