Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

McHotcakes December 19th, 2015 12:14 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by aka_sketch (Post 2062971)
Hey! I'm new, but I've been a long-time fan of this game and always wanted to make my own figures. I want in on this.

Awesome we could always use new help. The project has a tendency to stall every once in a while so some new blood might help kickstart things. The best way to join would be to do some play tests and contribute to the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aka_sketch (Post 2062971)
Also, I noticed a disturbing lack of Sanderson characters from this thread. ;)

I'm actually planning on doing a Sanderson character on my next go around.

As for Doofenshmirtz I'll try and get a few play tests in later this week and see where he stands with the (not so recent) changes.

Taeblewalker January 10th, 2016 05:05 PM

I believe it's my turn next.

JC McMinis January 15th, 2016 07:30 AM

I believe you are right Taeble...we just need to get Dr. Doof wrapped up. Is the last card I posted where we are at?

TREX January 15th, 2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2067280)
I believe you are right Taeble...we just need to get Dr. Doof wrapped up. Is the last card I posted where we are at?

The latest edits were kind of hard to pick up on, that's why I never got around to testing because I didn't have a complete final version to test. But I don't think that last card has the final updates.

Dysole January 15th, 2016 02:11 PM

Where We Are

Quote:

NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If an opponent has Perry the Platypus you must choose him to be Dr. Doffensmirtz's Nemesis. While the Nemesis is on the battlefield,

MY SUGGESTIONS:
Quote:

If Dr. Doofenshmirtz has not attacked with a special attack this game and his Nemesis is not adjacent to him, any time you roll the 20-sided die, you may add one to your roll.

If Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis is adjacent to him, any time you roll the 20-sided die, you must subtract 5 from the roll.
BEHOLD THE TRI-STATE AREA DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5.
Choose a figure to attack. No line of sight is required. All figures within 3 spaces of the chosen figure are also affected by the attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may change the target of the attack to a different figure. Dr. Doofenshmirtz may be chosen as the new target. If Dr. Doofenshmirtz is adjacent to his Nemesis, he must use this power. You may use this power only once per game.

I personally want it to be targeting a space not a figure but I can understand the need to condense text.
~Dysole, helpfully

Barry allen February 11th, 2016 06:53 PM

Count me in!:thumbsup:

TREX February 12th, 2016 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2073218)

We have been on quite a slow spell over here. If you want to join this team I would be ok with it, but in the spirit of keeping this going we will have to do some play testing on Dr. Doofenshmirtz to wrap him up. Like I said, I am ok with new members coming in, what about all of the rest of HOF? @Confred , @JC McMinis , @Dysole , @McHotcakes , @Taeblewalker . What do you guys propose, as of right now we are not moving on with any designs.

Barry allen February 12th, 2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2073345)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry allen (Post 2073218)

We have been on quite a slow spell over here. If you want to join this team I would be ok with it, but in the spirit of keeping this going we will have to do some play testing on Dr. Doofenshmirtz to wrap him up. Like I said, I am ok with new members coming in, what about all of the rest of HOF? @Confred , @JC McMinis , @Dysole , @McHotcakes , @Taeblewalker . What do you guys propose, as of right now we are not moving on with any designs.

Well I have lots of time and character ideas. Oh and are star wars and comic characters allowed?:confused:

TREX February 12th, 2016 01:57 PM

We have an official/unofficial:) customs team for both Star Wars and Super Heroes C3G
So basically this project is a revolving custom project. There is a list of our members and one at a time we pick a character from either a book, movie, tv show, or video game. Then the team helps develop the character until it is finished. At that time it is put into Heroes of Fiction Display thread. I would like the other team members to respond, but I myself would be happy to have you aboard. The biggest thing to know about team designs is to take other members advice in how the design is done. This is what separates team projects and your own custom thread. I hope this helps.
EDIT: for the time being, we also stay away from Lord of the Rings and Hobbit, because we have a thread for those also, even if its not very active at the moment.

Barry allen February 12th, 2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2073408)
We have an official/unofficial:) customs team for both Star Wars and Super Heroes C3G
So basically this project is a revolving custom project. There is a list of our members and one at a time we pick a character from either a book, movie, tv show, or video game. Then the team helps develop the character until it is finished. At that time it is put into Heroes of Fiction Display thread. I would like the other team members to respond, but I myself would be happy to have you aboard. The biggest thing to know about team designs is to take other members advice in how the design is done. This is what separates team projects and your own custom thread. I hope this helps.
EDIT: for the time being, we also stay away from Lord of the Rings and Hobbit, because we have a thread for those also, even if its not very active at the moment.

Dude I'll gladly tak advice from others being that I do that with my personal customs right now not a problem. I asked about star wars and comic customs cause I enjoy making those the most but I can do Others as well.

Barry allen February 12th, 2016 04:38 PM

Oh and another question, does the whole team choose the next character or do you get to pick on your own? Just trying to find some custom card cause and I couldn't do c3g because I don't have time to what's required but HoF look more for me.

TREX February 12th, 2016 05:29 PM

Each person in the order of members on their turn picks their character, presents an idea of what they would like the card to look like in text form. Then the team discusses and improves on the ideas and brainstorms if their are some better options that represent the character. Did you look in the links I included above, there is some good stuff in there. The other thing that is required is well, to have fun.