Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

McHotcakes August 12th, 2015 05:48 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2038507)

We should call it

BEHOLD MY LATEST CREATION

I love it

TREX August 13th, 2015 03:26 PM

Right now the sculpt is only 4.72 at Miniature market.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rpr59014.html

Dysole August 13th, 2015 03:35 PM

First Draft

Anything in brackets are ideas I like but things I'm not super attached to.

DR. HEINZ DOOFENSHMIRTZ

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
SCIENTIST
BUMBLING

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5
MOVE 5
RANGE 4
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 3

100 Points

NEMESIS

At the start of the game, you must choose an opponent's Unique Hero to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. If Perry the Platypus is in the opposing army, he must be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis.

BEHOLD MY LATEST CREATION

After taking a turn with Dr. Doofenshmirtz, you may place an Inator Marker on the card of an adjacent unique Soulborg you control. Figures with an Inator Marker on their card add 2 to their Attack Values and 1 to their Move and Defense Values. {If you do not place an Inator Marker, you may roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 11 or higher, you may place a previously destroyed Soulborg adjacent to Dr. Doofenshmirtz}

SELF DESTRUCT BUTTON

After taking a turn with Dr. Doofenshmirtz or a figure you control with an Inator Marker on its card, you must roll the 20 sided die adding 5 to your roll if Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis is within 2 clear sight spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz or a figure with an Inator Marker on its card. On a roll of 1-2, you must destroy a figure with an Inator Marker on it. Every figure within 3 spaces of that figure and Dr. Doofenshmirtz receives a wound.

{CARTOON INJURIES
At the end of the round, you may remove up to two wound markers from this card.}

~Dysole, who thinks this might be the simplest direction

TREX August 13th, 2015 03:50 PM

For the most part I like it. But, from what I hear this guy always blows up himself and his inventions. My question is why you would add dice to your roll preventing him to blow up his stuff with his nemesis, wouldn't the nemesis subtract from the roll. Also, for what he does with the inator he severely adds to their attack and move, wouldn't their be a higher chance for the blowing up if the increase in stats is so much. I think a 1-4 should blow up the guy, and subtract X value when his nemesis is in range. Also if you want to respawn soulborgs you should probably state that it is for a squad figure. Or a higher roll for a hero. I don't like the idea of him recreating Q9 and Q10 for a roll of 11 or higher. I like him enhancing his soulborg heroes and re making his soulborg squaddies. I don't like the cartoon injuries, especially for 100 pts. I think that part should go away, the character looks fun enough without that. Very cool ideas. Also would reduce the wound on the inator range, and only do it on the inator not him. He's not blowing up, his inator is.

Dysole August 13th, 2015 04:02 PM

Heh

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2038712)
For the most part I like it. But, from what I hear this guy always blows up himself and his inventions. My question is why you would add dice to your roll preventing him to blow up his stuff with his nemesis, wouldn't the nemesis subtract from the roll. Also, for what he does with the inator he severely adds to their attack and move, wouldn't their be a higher chance for the blowing up if the increase in stats is so much. I think a 1-4 should blow up the guy, and subtract X value when his nemesis is in range. Also if you want to respawn soulborgs you should probably state that it is for a squad figure. Or a higher roll for a hero. I don't like the idea of him recreating Q9 and Q10 for a roll of 11 or higher. I like him enhancing his soulborg heroes and re making his soulborg squaddies. I don't like the cartoon injuries, especially for 100 pts. I think that part should go away, the character looks fun enough without that. Very cool ideas. Also would reduce the wound on the inator range, and only do it on the inator not him. He's not blowing up, his inator is.

Perry usually either directly or indirectly causes the Inators to blow up hence the stuff. (and Doof usually gets hurt in the process) Because of that is why I wrote everything out the way I did.

I'm all for raising the self destruct possibilities. I just lowballed it so you'd actually want to do it although if I'm being realistic the actual roll would be something like 1-12. I'd be down for regeneration of squad figures only. If we do that I might be tempted to just make it so you can Inator Marker and regenerate on the same turn.

The 100 points is really just an approximate place holder. And like I said I'm fine with getting rid of cartoon injuries. It's mostly in there to make sure he doesn't die super fast.

~Dysole, clarifying

TREX August 13th, 2015 04:07 PM

cool, If he inators and respawns, I would cut his attack out. So maybe let him make an inator before attacking. Then, instead of attacking he could respawn a soulborg squaddie. One other idea is, instead of auto wounding the figures when the inator blows up, maybe roll unblockable attack die/dice. I think he would be a lot cooler with a smaller price tag, so you could have a bigger robot army.

Confred August 13th, 2015 09:57 PM

Not to be a smudge, but I don't care for this design direction

Dysole August 14th, 2015 12:13 AM

Perfectly Fair

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2038832)
Not to be a smudge, but I don't care for this design direction

This is an acceptable opinion. Can you unpack this and let me know what you do not like about the design and what sort of design direction you would be more likely to prefer?

~Dysole, certainly not beholden to making the present version work

Confred August 14th, 2015 12:44 AM

Thanks,
I don't feel Doofenschmirtz is the evil robot minions kind of bad guy. I think there is certainly room in Heroscape for such a character, but I don't see him being it.
I think "Inator" has less oomf than just saying whateverinator
I feel the current version can be streamlined to carry the same ideas with less words, but as I've mentioned above I feel the effort wouldn't be worth it because the ideas don't match the character.

So how to convert the above into something functional?
What is the spirit of the first attempt?
What do we want him to do?
What role should he play?
(Utgar summoned him for a reason)

Bumbling also didn't feel like his personality. I feel Schmee from Captain Hook to be a bumbler
Doofenschmirtz seems to be Obsessive or Tormented

Dysole August 14th, 2015 12:49 AM

Gotcha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2038861)
Thanks,
I don't feel Doofenschmirtz is the evil robot minions kind of bad guy. I think there is certainly room in Heroscape for such a character, but I don't see him being it.
I think "Inator" has less oomf than just saying whateverinator
I feel the current version can be streamlined to carry the same ideas with less words, but as I've mentioned above I feel the effort wouldn't be worth it because the ideas don't match the character.

So how to convert the above into something functional?
What is the spirit of the first attempt?
What do we want him to do?
What role should be play?
(Utgar summoned him for a reason)

Bumbling also didn't feel like his personality. I feel Schmee from Captain Hook to be a bumbler
Doofenschmirtz seems to be Obsessive or Tormented

I mean, the most ideal way to represent him would be to design a bunch of Inators. If we're down for that I am as well (although finding figures to match could be a pain). And then just set him up so he can make Inators and then take turns with them and keep the kaboom kaboom. Having him do it to soulborgs seemed a reasonable compromise but I see your point about it looking like he controls a robot army (I actually know which Phineas and Ferb character that should be).

I could go with Obsessive more than Tormented but I might change my mind later.

If we want to go the make a bunch of Inators method, I would prefer that to what I drafted above but I'd want us to be okay with that and considering all the effort we just threw into making a bunch of glyphs for Kratos I don't want to presume we would be.

~Dysole, open to possibilities

Confred August 14th, 2015 12:49 AM

I think he is a kind of decoy
A nuisance that's not the real problem, but problem enough that he needs to be dealt with
Once it is dealt with, he's mostly defeated.

A one shot power

Cartoon Healing could simply be translated by more Life

Confred August 14th, 2015 12:53 AM

From what I've seen, he doesn't make a bunch of Inators. He makes one. That one gets defeated and the episode is over. One game. One episode.

I think we should come up with an effect, or theme of effect, and then come up with his we'll implement it

Do we want mass destruction? Debuff? Something goofy?