Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

McHotcakes May 18th, 2015 03:47 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2022010)
2) I'm fine for it because it sounds like a proper noun; ps: what was the official name of the camp that they trained at? would that be better?

It was named Camp Half-Blood IIRC

Quote:

HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK (v4.2) {Shurrak} {No 20-sided}
Range 2+Special. Attack 2+Special.
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the Range and Attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed, you may immediately place the figure on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Percy Jackson. A figure moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks. Any figure moved lower by Hydrokinesis Special Attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.
I like this one. I don't think we need the 20 sided die. IT just makes things messier imo.

Just 1 thought though.

Quote:

When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed, you may immediately place the figure on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Percy Jackson
Should this read
Quote:

place the figure on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Percy Jackson it's original placement.
It'd make sense for Percy to able to knock figure's further away from himself.

Dysole May 18th, 2015 03:58 PM

Proper Grammar

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHotcakes (Post 2022026)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2022010)
2) I'm fine for it because it sounds like a proper noun; ps: what was the official name of the camp that they trained at? would that be better?

It was named Camp Half-Blood IIRC

Quote:

HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK (v4.2) {Shurrak} {No 20-sided}
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the Range and Attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed, you may immediately place the figure on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Percy Jackson. A figure moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks. Any figure moved lower by Hydrokinesis Special Attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.
I like this one. I don't think we need the 20 sided die. IT just makes things messier imo.

Just 1 thought though.

Quote:

When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed, you may immediately place the figure on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Percy Jackson
Should this read
Quote:

place the figure on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Percy Jackson it's original placement.
It'd make sense for Percy to able to knock figure's further away from himself.

If we go that route the word we want is its not it's.

~Dysole, who substitutes it is in the sentence if uncertain

Confred May 18th, 2015 05:58 PM

Y'all are right. 3 spaces from original placement.
And I too prefer the version that mentions falling damage in its own separate sentence

Edit: I prefer Camp Half-Blood

McHotcakes May 18th, 2015 06:44 PM

Re: Proper Grammar

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2022032)

If we go that route the word we want is its not it's.

~Dysole, who substitutes it is in the sentence if uncertain

As the recipient of the best English student award of the of the class of 2010 I feel ashamed.

TREX May 18th, 2015 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2022061)
Y'all are right. 3 spaces from original placement.
And I too prefer the version that mentions falling damage in its own separate sentence

Edit: I prefer Camp Half-Blood

I agree with this as well, makes more sense. I also like flying figures to take falling damage with this. I am impartial to the Camp Half-Blood, either on that is fine with me.

JC McMinis May 18th, 2015 09:27 PM

Sorry I have not been around. Been busy celebrating my birthday with the family the past 2 days. If Confred the wording master wants to post the properly worded alterattions to Hyrdokenisis I will put up a new draft of the card.

Confred May 18th, 2015 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC McMinis (Post 2022100)
Sorry I have not been around. Been busy celebrating my birthday with the family the past 2 days. If Confred the wording master wants to post the properly worded alterattions to Hyrdokenisis I will put up a new draft of the card.

You make me blush; I'm actually unsure about the reddened area below. I see why Shurrak is written to have the move be 3 spaces from him - because it's easier to word. But I agree that the three spaces should be from the figure's original placement and not from Percy Jackson. Clear sight in this almost seems as if the original placement is where the clear sight is checked from, which is impossible because spaces don't have sight or whatever, we are too assume the clear sight refers to Percy Jackson, but I'm not convinced the way it's written says that beyond implication. Clear sight must be included or else the power could teleport people through walls, which is clearly not what we want.

HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the Range and Attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed, you may immediately place the figure on any empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of the figure's original placement. A figure moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks. Any figure moved lower by Hydrokinesis Special Attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.

Alternate?) ... You may immediately move the figure 3 spaces.

Spoiler Alert!

Dysole May 18th, 2015 10:19 PM

Excess

Hate to add more words but based on the power I can launch someone 50 levels up. Is that thematic? If not, we'll need a same level or lower in there.

~Dysole, who can live with automatic movement but still isn't happy

JC McMinis May 18th, 2015 10:28 PM

How about this after all, there is only so far water can force you up

HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK
When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the Range and Attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. When a small or medium figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed, you may immediately place the figure on any empty space within 3 clear sight[/u] spaces of the figure's original placement. A figure moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack cannot be moved up more than 3 levels and never takes any leaving engagement attacks. Any figure moved lower by Hydrokinesis Special Attack can receive any falling damage that may apply.

Taeblewalker May 18th, 2015 10:51 PM

I like Camp Half-blood for the name. And happy birthday JC!

TREX May 19th, 2015 12:01 AM

Re: Excess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2022111)
Hate to add more words but based on the power I can launch someone 50 levels up. Is that thematic? If not, we'll need a same level or lower in there.

~Dysole, who can live with automatic movement but still isn't happy

I agree here on the extra wording of same level or lower, the automatic movement is ok with me. Hey guys, thought you might like these, I'm on a quest to make all the Heroes of Fiction figures even if I cannot buy them all.
Spoiler Alert!

JC McMinis May 19th, 2015 12:20 AM

Saw those in your thread. Pretty cool I would stick with your custom Katniss, was just looking it up and amazon want's $75 for the Katniss figure. People might be better off modding/finding an alternate. It's one of the few official figures I have, I only paid $2 for it at a Toys r us express in an outlet center. Course I got lucky on the blind draw for it.