Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis June 18th, 2012 12:23 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Nicr looking card mac, as usual. Point wise, I'm thinking 175 maybe 200.

SirGalahad June 18th, 2012 01:08 AM

The capitalization of "order markers" is not consistent in the powers. Pick one way or the other.

McHotcakes June 18th, 2012 01:50 AM

I think it looks good. But I did have to re-read Inspiring Roar a couple of times to understand how exactly it worked. But that might just be because I'm a little tired.

Just to be clear though, for Inspiring Roar all figures within 3 spaces of Aslan always roll 1 additional defense die right? Its a passive ability like Raelin's Defensive Aura? It doesn't have to be activated by a revealed order marker?

Hive Lord 1233 June 18th, 2012 09:40 AM

There are some really great cards here! :D

Confred June 19th, 2012 02:47 AM

Inspiring Roar, as written on the card, doesn't work: At the end of the turn, all bonuses will fade.

How about:
INSPIRING ROAR
After revealing an order marker on Aslan's Army Card, after taking Aslan's turn, all figures you control within 3 spaces of Aslan may move up to 3 spaces. If Aslan uses his Inspiring Roar, all friendly figures within 3 spaces of Aslan may roll 1 additional defense die until you take your next turn.

JC McMinis June 22nd, 2012 12:37 AM

Here is an idea on reworking it

Inspiring Roar
Aftet revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card and taking a turn with Aslan, you may move up to 3 friendly figures within 3 spaces of Aslan 3 spaces each. Figures moved by inspiring Roar roll one additional defense die until your next turn.

Confred June 22nd, 2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1630193)

Inspiring Roar
After revealing an order marker on this Army Card and taking a turn with Aslan, you may move up to 3 friendly figures within 3 spaces of Aslan 3 spaces each. Figures moved by inspiring Roar roll one additional defense die until your next turn.

I'd prefer the version I posted above. With your version, there is too much bookkeeping with remembering who had moved with Aslan's Inspiring Roar. I don't disagree with reducing "all" to "3" figures moved. Adding "clear sight" seems like the functional intention, although one could 'hear' a roar behind a sight-blocking ruin~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred
INSPIRING ROAR
After revealing an order marker on Aslan's Army Card, after taking Aslan's turn, up to 3 figures you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Aslan may move up to 3 spaces each. If Aslan uses his Inspiring Roar, all friendly figures within 3 spaces of Aslan may roll 1 additional defense die until you take your next turn.

The "After revealing an order marker on _'s Army Card, after taking _'s turn, " language is ripped directly from an existing card - I forget now which though. (I invite others to show me where jcmcminis's language is used officially. For greater knowledge, for the greater good, and not for appendage measuring.)

SirGalahad June 22nd, 2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 1630269)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1630193)

Inspiring Roar
After revealing an order marker on this Army Card and taking a turn with Aslan, you may move up to 3 friendly figures within 3 spaces of Aslan 3 spaces each. Figures moved by inspiring Roar roll one additional defense die until your next turn.

I'd prefer the version I posted above. With your version, there is too much bookkeeping with remembering who had moved with Aslan's Inspiring Roar. I don't disagree with reducing "all" to "3" figures moved. Adding "clear sight" seems like the functional intention, although one could 'hear' a roar behind a sight-blocking ruin~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred
INSPIRING ROAR
After revealing an order marker on Aslan's Army Card, after taking Aslan's turn, up to 3 figures you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Aslan may move up to 3 spaces each. If Aslan uses his Inspiring Roar, all friendly figures within 3 spaces of Aslan may roll 1 additional defense die until you take your next turn.

The "After revealing an order marker on _'s Army Card, after taking _'s turn, " language is ripped directly from an existing card - I forget now which though. (I invite others to show me where jcmcminis's language is used officially. For greater knowledge, for the greater good, and not for appendage measuring.)

It's "before" - Wyrmlings (all colors);
or "instead of" - Kurrok, Werewolf Lord, Red Skull

There isn't one like this on official cards.

Confred June 22nd, 2012 11:16 PM

For clarification, referring to:
"After revealing an order marker on _'s Army Card,(COMMA) after taking _'s turn, " vs. "After revealing an order marker on this Army Card (NO COMMA) AND taking a turn with"

JC McMinis June 24th, 2012 09:21 PM

I think to move this along we should do the inspiring roar like the wyrmlings and make it after the order marker but before taking Aslans turn.

McHotcakes June 26th, 2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1631722)
I think to move this along we should do the inspiring roar like the wyrmlings and make it after the order marker but before taking Aslans turn.

I think that works.

Lamaclown June 26th, 2012 03:12 PM

I am sorry I am not able to be a part of this project right now (I am not working with C3V or SoV right now either because of RL).

I just wanted to say that I check in here whenever I can to see whats up and I am loving what you guys are doing.

Keep up the good work.