Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   need good melee units!! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=29663)

DeathByUtgar March 27th, 2010 01:51 PM

need good melee units!!

I am not sure where this post should go so please feel free to tell me if this is the wrong place...(I'm a noob)... but I need some good Melee troops for my forces and I don't got to much money, so I need to buy some good squads that work well together, preferably in the same purchase so please someone help me out....

'Scaper94 March 27th, 2010 01:55 PM

Re: need good melee units!!

The best melee units I can think of at the moment are the Rats and the Warriors of Ashra. Try to find some squads of those.

DeathByUtgar March 27th, 2010 01:59 PM

the deathreavers?

killercactus March 27th, 2010 02:14 PM

Yeah, the Deathreavers, but they really only work well with ranged units.

The Axegrinders of the Burning Forge are probably the hottest melee units right now, thanks to all of their new heroes and all of the Large/Huge stuff that's come out recently.

Sport351 March 27th, 2010 02:15 PM

Yup, and the WoA and Reavers come together and were recently reprinted in W10. The Dwarves are my favorite but are kinda rare now.

Housemouse has the WoA for $8 I believe.

DeathByUtgar March 27th, 2010 02:16 PM

alright and thanks for the site i need all the help i can get:roll:

DeathByUtgar March 27th, 2010 02:18 PM

oh and I do have a set of WoA and DeathReavers I only used the DR once and they got creamed so i never really touch em...

Sport351 March 27th, 2010 02:19 PM

How do you use them? They're best used as a screen to clog up the map for your ranged like KC said. If you try to use them as standard melee, they won't last long.

killercactus March 27th, 2010 02:26 PM

When I first got Deathreavers I thought they sucked, and never used them. However, once you get into the game some, you realize that it really sucks when you have a little 10 Point Deathreaver with 4 defense engaged to your big hero, which means you have to attack it because of engagement. It takes you 3 turns to get through its 4 defense, and as soon as you kill it, another one Scatters into its place.

They're really good at keeping your opponents ranged figures engaged, forcing them to shoot at Rats while you shoot at important stuff. They're also really good at holding glyphs (always keep one within 4 spaces of the glyph. That way if the one on the glyph dies, Scatter lets you move one back on).

I hate Scatter....

~killercactus, who made it to the Top 8 at GenCon one year playing 3x Deathreavers, and said "Scatter....." a lot.

DeathByUtgar March 27th, 2010 02:28 PM

Ok like i said at the top Im a noob and never even play with glyphs because i dont have enough units to hold em and still play well... and i have only played like a grand total of 5 "real" games all with the same 3 people.

Sport351 March 27th, 2010 02:47 PM

I played my first game with Reavers last night. I now think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, I can see why people don't like them though. Scatter is more frustrating than 'vanish'.

DeathByUtgar March 27th, 2010 02:52 PM

Yeah I think I prefer Ninjas of The Northern Wind, but now i see how to use the Deathreavers. But any other good sets????