Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape News (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Possible Master 3 announcement upcoming? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23665)

GreatWhiteWolf February 20th, 2009 03:14 AM

Possible Master 3 announcement upcoming?

I was just speculating on this because of the "announcement" we are suppose to be getting late spring/early summer. Think about it, we already have the news of wave 1 and 9, what could they be waiting to tell us?
And on top of that, both wave 1 and 9 are going to be released around the same exact time and the people that have heard that there will be a upcoming announcement say that WotC says its about "upcoming releases". I don't know but whatever the announcement is, it sounds like its going to be a good one! :D

Yodaking February 20th, 2009 03:35 AM

Re: Possible Master 3 announcement upcoming?

Marvel Wave 1???

Where did you hear/see that an announcement about Heroscape would be comming out this spring?

DBC February 20th, 2009 06:31 AM

Yeah, it's probably good news.
So as I see it we have a chance of getteing either:
Heroscape Master Set 3
or
Marvelscape Wave 1
or
A new licence for the Scape system.

Simpsons Scaper February 20th, 2009 07:47 AM

Or they're releasing wave 10! :) J/K

pixlepix February 20th, 2009 08:01 AM

I am hoping that is will be some other rerelease.

Creationist February 20th, 2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixlepix (Post 762989)
I am hoping that is will be some other rerelease.

:word: I needs my wave 4 and all the Aubrien goodness.

darkmantle February 20th, 2009 08:38 AM

Not to rain on the parade, as I want a new master, and a wave 10 and everything else scape related, but if the announcement is "about the upcoming release", could it simply be about wave 9? Maybe some information about it, hinting at some of the glorious figures we are going to be anticipating so impatiently? Or even a little more about the distribution method, who exactly will be carrying it or something like that? Seems a little more likely to me, but would be thrilled if they'd come out with another master set soon.

nyys February 20th, 2009 09:17 AM

I's be surprised if the two confirmed Waves (W9 and reprint of W1) were released at the same time. I believe the information we've been given so far is that W1 reprint will be a spring release and W9 will be a summer release. At the least I expect a couple months between the two.

As for the 'big announcement,' stuff like that seems to take on a mind of its own after a while.

WotC says there will be an announcement regarding Scape. Then someone describes it as a 'big annoucement.' From there it just snowballs.

I hope it is a Master Set, but I won't hold my breath.

jandar February 20th, 2009 09:28 AM

We need a new master set.

SuperflyTNT February 20th, 2009 09:30 AM

I'm really convinced that 'wave 9' will in fact be a new Master set. There has been an apparent push to put more terrain out there of late, and I think HasWotC really does listen to what the 'people want'. I'd bet that the reason it took so God-Awful long to get a press release is that they had to take a while to design the terrain, prototype it, playtest it, and then go to production.

To further my position, I think that the reason that they are reprinting Wave 1 in the same timeframe we were expecting W9 to release is that they are hoping to get new players involved. Think about it - if a new master set comes out, people that have maybe never played go out and get one, then get hooked. The first thing I did when I got hooked was see what other boosters were available, and if Wave 1 came out at the same time as when I got started - well I'd pick up every one on the shelf.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Draconious February 20th, 2009 09:32 AM

It is likely Wave 9, and its new packaging...

I dont think the green SOTM packaging was the "new" packaging that was spoken of, way back when...

Cavalier February 20th, 2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandar (Post 763012)
We need a new master set.

No, we don't. We need RotV to stay around. It is the quintessential Master Set.