Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Comic Hero Custom Creations (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Mr_Fox - The Rocketeer (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55565)

Mr_Fox February 16th, 2019 02:21 AM

Mr_Fox - The Rocketeer

I just got hooked on using MSE. While fiddling, I came up with this version of The Rocketeer:
https://i.imgur.com/xlwUjEm.png

This is the artwork I used (Although I did not make it, just found it floating around the webs):

I haven't played Heroscape since I was a wee lad, so the balance of this character is probably out of whack. I am up for suggestions on what to change, statistics, wordage, or what-not, so do feel free.

(Also, I'm new here. So, Hi). :p

Lazy Orang February 16th, 2019 03:58 AM

Re: Mr_Fox - The Rocketeer

The wording's a little wonky in places, but I have to say, the idea of Move being able to replace Attack and Defence in certain situations is really unique, clever and fun, so good show. :up:

Tornado February 16th, 2019 10:17 AM

Fun card. Needs wording help for sure. That last power needs some leaving engagement clauses unless it is supposed to trigger free swipes.
I think he is quite under cost. 8 defense in melee is massive and 7Attack is very high as well though a little more restricted.

Mr_Fox February 16th, 2019 11:02 AM

I'll see into sprucing up the text, soon. Thanks for the feedback! :)

I'm also thinking of lowering his total defense to 4, and raising point cost to 250.

Lazy Orang February 16th, 2019 11:07 AM

Sounds like a plan. :up:

Tornado February 16th, 2019 11:11 AM

I would drop his Life to 4 as well. Pretty standard for Humans unless he a physical specimen. That should get him close to 250.

Lazy Orang February 16th, 2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2255331)
I would drop his Life to 4 as well. Pretty standard for Humans unless he a physical specimen. That should get him close to 250.

Might work nicely, though at that stage I'd be concerned that a 4 Life/4 Defence figure would be too easily sniped from range. :shrug:
Didn't want to make suggestions based on what's standard for Humans since I don't know the character at all so I don't know what's fitting. :) (Also worth noting that Humans being baseline 4 Life is a C3G standard only - in Classic Humans with 5 or 6 Life was far from uncommon. Don't know if this guy considers C3G canon for his games or not, even though he should. :razz:)

Mr_Fox February 16th, 2019 11:48 AM

I changed his base defense to 4 (down from 5), and his ability Aerial Defense Maneuvers total defense added to 2, (down from 3). (Now if he was attacked by melee he would total out at 6 defense, instead of whopping 8!).

Fixed the spelling error of "defensing". Lol. Don't tell nobody!

Instead of saying "pushed", I changed it to read "knocked back", in reference to the Knockback rule.

Reworded the Air Superiority ability.

Let me know if more tweakage is in order. ;)

Tornado February 16th, 2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2255333)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 2255331)

Might work nicely, though at that stage I'd be concerned that a 4 Life/4 Defence figure would be too easily sniped from range. :shrug:
Didn't want to make suggestions based on what's standard for Humans since I don't know the character at all so I don't know what's fitting. :) (Also worth noting that Humans being baseline 4 Life is a C3G standard only - in Classic Humans with 5 or 6 Life was far from uncommon. Don't know if this guy considers C3G canon for his games or not, even though he should. :razz:)

I was thinking more Marvel Scape where Iron Man and Doctor Doom both have 4 Life.
Classic does feature higher Life more often but this card would be the highest points in that system.

Mr_Fox February 16th, 2019 12:11 PM

I'm so new here, I don't actually know what C3G means. :P

I will probably lower his life total to 4, in the near future. Sounds legit.

Tornado February 16th, 2019 12:33 PM

C3G is a custom group that makes super hero cards based off of the MarvelScape system.
Over 800 cards and counting.
Was this card meant to play with Marvel or Classic Scape?

Mr_Fox February 16th, 2019 01:25 PM

Either I suppose. I just found that program MSE, and started making random stuff.