Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

mac122 August 24th, 2011 04:05 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1467199)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c.../hoflogoxl.png

Is this starting to look more like what you had in mind?

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback on the questions and edits. I'm in agreement with all your points. Hopefully a couple others will chime in when they get a chance.

Taeblewalker August 24th, 2011 04:43 PM

Great logo!

As for Dr. Dolittle, following Kelda,

"After moving and before attacking, choose an adjacent animal you control with one or more wounds on it. You may remove up to 2 wound markers from its army card."

JC McMinis August 24th, 2011 04:45 PM

Love the new logo lamaclown. Maybe between you and mac you can take the card for Simon put the logo on it and put the appropriate hit zone on it. As far as Doc D. Do we want him to only heal Unique animal Heoes or should it be any animal hero? Just wondering in case some of the animals are Uncommon Heroes.

mac122 August 24th, 2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1467805)
Great logo!

As for Dr. Dolittle, following Kelda,

"After moving and before attacking, choose an adjacent animal you control with one or more wounds on it. You may remove up to 2 wound markers from its army card."

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1467808)
Love the new logo lamaclown. Maybe between you and mac you can take the card for Simon put the logo on it and put the appropriate hit zone on it. As far as Doc D. Do we want him to only heal Unique animal Heoes or should it be any animal hero? Just wondering in case some of the animals are Uncommon Heroes.

I think you're on the right track with the Kelda wording. There shouldn't be any distinction between Unique and Uncommon Heroes, IMO.

THE GOOD DOCTOR
After moving and before attacking, choose a wounded Animal figure (you control?) adjacent to Dr. Doolittle and remove up to 2 wound markers from the chosen figure's Army Card.

Would the good Doctor heal his opponent's Animals? If not, then we should add the "you control" or change it to "...you may choose...". If it would be thematic for Doolittle to heal any animal, then we could leave it like it is.

JC-If you'll post the image you had on your card (or a link to the image), I'll use it on the Simon Belmont card instead of the figure pic that I currently have.
Edit: think I found it
http://superherouniverse.com/art/data/656/Belmont2.jpg

JC McMinis August 24th, 2011 08:53 PM

Yep thats the one. :thumbsup:

Rav August 25th, 2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1467781)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamaclown (Post 1467199)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c.../hoflogoxl.png

Is this starting to look more like what you had in mind?

Thanks for the feedback on the questions and edits. I'm in agreement with all your points. Hopefully a couple others will chime in when they get a chance.

This looks great! I like it!!

mac122 August 25th, 2011 10:33 AM

Any more comments on SirG's questions?

Quote:

Ash Williams
THE CHOSEN ONE
need to clarify this -- when does the round start? Do you want to know what's going to happen to his attack and defense before or after OMs are placed? before or after initiative is rolled?
After OMs but before initiative roll has 2 votes

Quote:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, regarding SLAYER'S STRENGTH
Just to be clear, if Buffy has height advantage on an adjacent non-Human figure with the Drain Life special power, she's rolling 7 attack dice, right? 3(base) + 2(non-Human) + 1(Drain Life) +1(height)
Haven't heard any negative comments about this.

Quote:

Agent Smith
ME TOO
If an Agent Smith figure you control destroys an opponent's small or medium figure, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your previously destroyed Agent Smith figures. Newly placed Agent Smith figures cannot attack this turn.
Keeping it similar to Zombies has 2 votes.

If no one else comments by later today, I'll make the edits and post the revised cards.

-------------
I've started the Display Thread. As soon as we finalize our previous designs, I'll post them there as well.

Taeblewalker August 25th, 2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1468180)

Quote:

Ash Williams
THE CHOSEN ONE
need to clarify this -- when does the round start? Do you want to know what's going to happen to his attack and defense before or after OMs are placed? before or after initiative is rolled?

I'll vote the same way - after OM's but before initiative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122
Quote:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, regarding SLAYER'S STRENGTH
Just to be clear, if Buffy has height advantage on an adjacent non-Human figure with the Drain Life special power, she's rolling 7 attack dice, right? 3(base) + 2(non-Human) + 1(Drain Life) +1(height)
Haven't heard any negative comments about this.

I always thought this was perfectly thematic.

Quote:

Quote:

Agent Smith
ME TOO
If an Agent Smith figure you control destroys an opponent's small or medium figure, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your previously destroyed Agent Smith figures. Newly placed Agent Smith figures cannot attack this turn.
Keeping it similar to Zombies has 2 votes.

I support this.

Quote:

If no one else comments by later today, I'll make the edits and post the revised cards.

-------------
I've started the Display Thread. As soon as we finalize our previous designs, I'll post them there as well.

JC McMinis August 25th, 2011 02:53 PM

I agrre with both Mac and Tablewalker on the above rulings. On a side note I would like to be put back in the lineup for new creations for this project. I figure I might not be able to create cards, but I can stil help create great new customs.

mac122 August 25th, 2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1468288)
I agrre with both Mac and Tablewalker on the above rulings. On a side note I would like to be put back in the lineup for new creations for this project. I figure I might not be able to create cards, but I can stil help create great new customs.

Welcome back!

Balantai - MIA - Real life issues
mac122
wulfhunter667 - Predator got him?
Hrockle - MIA
Lamaclown
Machinekng - MIA
dfonze - MIA
Pumpkin King - MIA
Taeblewalker
killercactus -Semi-MIA

We could definitely use you!

JC McMinis August 25th, 2011 03:16 PM

Glad to be back, as long as I can post and give my input I will be here. Doc D. is looking good.

mac122 August 25th, 2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 1468229)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1468180)

Quote:

Ash Williams
THE CHOSEN ONE

I'll vote the same way - after OM's but before initiative.

Quote:

THE CHOSEN ONE
After placing Order Markers, but before rolling for initiative, roll the 20-sided die.
Is this wording acceptable for the edit? Also, was this an optional ability? Should it be "...rolling for initiative, you may roll the 20-sided die."?