Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Pennywise (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=60770)

Arkham June 13th, 2022 08:12 PM

The Book of Pennywise

The Book of Pennywise

C3G WARNER BROS SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 97
CREEPSHOW

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...wise_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ywise_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figures used for this unit are modified Heroclix figures from the Captain America and the Avengers & Deadpool and X-Forcesets.
Their model numbers and names are #045 / Baron Zemo & #021b / Slapstick.

Tutorial on How to Paint/Mod this Figure

Character Bio - IT is a shape-shifting creature known as a Glamour who is billions of years old. Although It lived on planet Earth for many years, IT originated in a void/dimension outside the regions of space known as the Macroverse.

Since ITs true identity is unclear, due to its shape-shifting abilities and being from another universe, ITs real name and species are also called Deadlights, but few know this, which is why it is referred to as IT. The form of a female spider seems to be ITs true physical form on Earth (or at least that is the closest thing the human mind can comprehend), living deep below the fictional town of Derry, Maine.

IT can morph into any other human animal, nonhuman animal or object (including combinations thereof). This ability is useful for, A) appearing as the target's loved ones or friends to manipulate them or lure them into a trap or B) appearing as the target's worst psychological fear. However, ITs favorite and most common form is that of a circus performer named "Pennywise the Dancing Clown," as most small children love a clown and generally, it seems that the people in Derry happily accepted the presence of a stray circus performer. At the same time, many people are afraid of clowns, making them an easy fear to exploit.

ITs primary goal is to feed on humans, generally preferring children over adults since they were easier to scare and manipulate. According to the creature, frightened flesh tastes better and uses fear to "salt the meat". -Stephen King wiki

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Arkham June 13th, 2022 08:12 PM

Re: The Book of Pennywise (Breathing)

NAME = PENNYWISE

SPECIES = ENTITY
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TORMENTOR
PERSONALITY = SADISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 13

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 275

YOU'LL FLOAT TOO
At the start of the game, you may place a Glyph of Haunted Balloon on any empty space on the battlefield. Instead of attacking with Pennywise, you may place Pennywise on or within 3 spaces of the Haunted Balloon glyph, or place the Haunted Balloon glyph on any other empty space on the battlefield.

IT
When Pennywise attacks normally, if the defending figure does not have the Fearless personality, you may re-roll all dice once for each of the following that is true about that figure:
• It is small or tiny.
• It does not have the Super Strength special power.
• It has a Wound Marker on its card.
• It is not adjacent to any figures it considers friendly.

THE DEADLIGHTS
After attacking normally with Pennywise, if you rolled all skulls, the defending figure must immediately roll the 20-sided die. If it rolls 6 or lower, it receives a wound. It must continue rolling until it does not roll 6 or lower.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Arkham June 13th, 2022 08:13 PM

Art:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl...7511656-67.jpg

Figure Tutorial:

Start with Baron Zemo 045 + Slapstick - 021b heroclix figures.
https://i.imgur.com/gqwEqBZ.jpg
Spoiler Alert!

Arkham June 13th, 2022 08:15 PM

Haven't brainstormed this with anyone yet, so feel free to suggest away.

fret_gurglo June 13th, 2022 08:22 PM

Figure looks awesome!! Write-up looks good too. Not sure he will be worth 165, but that's what testing will determine.

Tornado June 13th, 2022 08:24 PM

Cool to see FoF get a reuse. Glad we dropped that Dredd.clause.

Arch-vile June 13th, 2022 08:37 PM

Sweet design! My first thought is that the first power has a lot going on, but looking at it, it's fairly straightforward. It might just be me, but I think rearranging the bullets helps. Then you've got all things on that figure's card first, then you look at the figure's position for the last bullet.

Quote:

• It is small or tiny.
• It does not have the Super Strength special power.
• It has a Wound Marker on its card.
• It has no Order Markers on its card.
• It is not adjacent to any figures it considers friendly.
Sadistic definitely fits well. I'd probably tack on Insane to the first power, for consistency with the second power. But that's also pretty brutal to have two personality immunities. You could probably nix the personality callout entirely from the first power since that theme is already represented in the second power.

Dr. Jekyll June 13th, 2022 08:51 PM

Excited to see Pennywise making moves. I always imagined IT having some sort of Red Balloon power using a glyph or a marker that radiated fear(reducing defense) or something.

I like the direction you're going with here though. Love The Dancing Clown.

Arkham June 13th, 2022 08:56 PM

I had a balloon marker approach originally, but after the Gremlins and Sadako having Defense reduction being such a primary aspect, I don’t want to overkill it. Aiming for something a bit weird and crazy here instead.

Dr. Jekyll June 13th, 2022 09:06 PM

For sure! I love seeing more Slashers and I'm excited for IT.

Ericth74 June 13th, 2022 09:22 PM

Pretty cool take on Pennywise. I did have go read the 1st power a few times to understand what was going on there.

Arkham June 13th, 2022 10:13 PM

Yeah, I think we could probably simplify it someway. Def. open to alt. suggestions and dif. approaches to that power entirely.