Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Balantai January 21st, 2013 12:20 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Latest version:

Aslan
Jandar

Lion
Unique Hero
Lord
Merciful
Large 5

Life 6
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4
Points (?)

Inspiring Presence
Friendly figures that begin their movement within clear sight of Alsan may add 2 to their move.

The Deep Magic
If a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Aslan would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, you may ignore those wounds and destroy Aslan instead. Aslan may only use The Deep Magic once per game.

Magic Deeper Still
At the start of any round after Aslan has been destroyed by The Deep Magic, before Order Markers are placed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, remove all wound markers from this Army Card and place Aslan on the battlefield adjacent to any friendly figure.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I put the restriction for Magic Deeper Still to only be used after The Deep Magic since it sounds like that is thematic. Otherwise, I'm not sure I want to open the can of worms that might occur if we change The Deep Magic to trigger off any ability that destroys a figure.

Confred January 21st, 2013 12:28 PM

Inspiring Presence
Should there be a range limit? 10? (same as Marro Hive)

Balantai January 21st, 2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 1748377)
Inspiring Presence

I'm not sure it's necessary, but I'm not opposed.

SirGalahad January 21st, 2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Inspiring Presence

I don't think it's necessary. If you can see Aslan, you are inspired.

mac122 January 21st, 2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1748397)
Quote:

Inspiring Presence

:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai
Magic Deeper Still
At the start of any round after Aslan has been destroyed by The Deep Magic, before Order Markers are placed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, remove all wound markers from this Army Card and place Aslan on the battlefield adjacent to any friendly figure. You may only use Magic Deeper Still once per game.

Since there is already a restriction of once per game for The Deep Magic and Magic Deeper Still is limited to only being used after The Deep Magic is used, I don't think we need the last line.

Lamaclown January 21st, 2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 1748373)
I put the restriction for Magic Deeper Still to only be used after The Deep Magic since it sounds like that is thematic. Otherwise, I'm not sure I want to open the can of worms that might occur if we change The Deep Magic to trigger off any ability that destroys a figure.

I think that is best as well. Sometimes you have to sacrifice theme for gameplay and in this instance I think enough of the theme comes through to justify the sacrifice.

Balantai January 21st, 2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 1748423)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1748397)
Quote:

Inspiring Presence

:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai
Magic Deeper Still
At the start of any round after Aslan has been destroyed by The Deep Magic, before Order Markers are placed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, remove all wound markers from this Army Card and place Aslan on the battlefield adjacent to any friendly figure. You may only use Magic Deeper Still once per game.

Since there is already a restriction of once per game for The Deep Magic and Magic Deeper Still is limited to only being used after The Deep Magic is used, I don't think we need the last line.

Good point. Fixed.

Balantai January 21st, 2013 01:50 PM

Well we haven't seen Machinekng in a few days so I say we start talking points. It's been a while since I've done this, anyone have a suggested cost?

Confred January 21st, 2013 02:56 PM

190 is the ballpark

mac122 January 21st, 2013 03:10 PM

Points are always the hardest part for me, but 190 seems too high. He's fast, but his size limits some movement. He's single spaced, so he'll fit more places, but has to stop in water. He has a single attack and no range. He does provide quite a move boost to any friends who can see him. He can save a friendly once and try to come back.
170? :shrug:

SirGalahad January 21st, 2013 06:43 PM

Drake II (170)
L6
M6
R1
A6
D4

Aslan (170 seems reasonable)
L6
M7
R1
A5
D4

Dwarves with 8 Move (11 on road tiles) is just flat scary, as is Cyprien with 10 move.

Balantai January 21st, 2013 07:44 PM

Aslan
Jandar

Lion
Unique Hero
Lord
Merciful
Large 5

Life 6
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4
Points 170

Inspiring Presence
Friendly figures that begin their movement within clear sight of Alsan may add 2 to their move.

The Deep Magic
If a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Aslan would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, you may ignore those wounds and destroy Aslan instead. Aslan may only use The Deep Magic once per game.

Magic Deeper Still
At the start of any round after Aslan has been destroyed by The Deep Magic, before Order Markers are placed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, remove all wound markers from this Army Card and place Aslan on the battlefield adjacent to any friendly figure.