Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis March 23rd, 2012 10:02 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Ok 1st draft

DUNCAN MACLEOD

JANDAR

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 6
DEFENSE 6

THE SOURCE
Stare the game with 3 green source markers on this army card. If an opponent does not have a figure with Immortal and The Quickening ability, you may choose one Unique Hero per opponent and place a source marker on that army card. The chosen figures now have bother the Immortal and The Quickening Abilities.

IMMORTAL 11
On the start of each of your turns after Duncan MacLeod was destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher immediately place Duncan MacLeod in your start area and remove all would markers from this army card. This ability does not work if Duncan is destroyed by another figure with the Immortal ability.

THE QUICKENING
When Duncan MacLeod destroys a figure with the Immortal ability. Take permanent control of that figures army card and any army card that figure controlled with The Quickening. Duncan MacLeod may use any ability on any army card that you control with The Quickening.

Note on the Quickening: When one immortal kills another he takes all of his power.Thus if Duncann kills a Unique Hero with Counterstrike I think he should be able to use it.

Edit how about this for Duncan for now. With the gun cut off of course.
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p183443.html

Fi Skirata March 24th, 2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

DUNCAN MACLEOD

JANDAR

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 6
DEFENSE 6

THE SOURCE
Stare the game with 3 green source markers on this army card. If an opponent does not have a figure with the Immortal 11 and The Quickening abilities, you may choose one Unique Hero per opponent and place a source marker on that army card. The chosen figures now have bother the Immortal 11 and The Quickening special powers in addition to their current special powers.

IMMORTAL 11
On the start of each of your turns after Duncan MacLeod was destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher immediately place Duncan MacLeod in your start area and remove all would markers from this army card. This ability does not work if Duncan is destroyed by another figure with the Immortal ability.

THE QUICKENING
When Duncan MacLeod destroys a figure with the Immortal ability. Take permanent control of that figures army card and any army card that figure controlled with The Quickening. Duncan MacLeod may use any ability on any army card that you control with The Quickening.
I changed the bolded part.

Taeblewalker March 24th, 2012 01:53 PM

Great work!

Fi Skirata March 24th, 2012 04:01 PM

I do not know much about the Highlander movies, but don't the people usually find out they are immortal by 'dying' first (like getting hit by a train). If so, then shouldn't The Source, read like this?:

THE SOURCE
Stare the game with 3 green source markers on this army card. If an opponent does not have a figure with the Immortal 11 and The Quickening ability, then you may choose one Unique Hero, that has at least one wound marker on his card, per opponent and place a source marker on that card. The chosen figures now have bother the Immortal 11 and The Quickening special powers in addition to their current special powers.

machinekng March 25th, 2012 06:12 PM

Looks good.

I'm glad he's a Human Champion, although that will boost his points quite a bit. Maybe a reduction to his defense is in order, to 5 , perhaps?

I think The Source is thematic, but it makes me a bit queasy to think of an Immortal Q9. Maybe you should only be able to place the markers on Medium or Small unique heroes?

Fi Skirata March 25th, 2012 07:07 PM

His attack could also be dropped to 5.

mac122 March 25th, 2012 07:20 PM

I get the idea behind requiring a wound marker on a unique hero to use the Source, but I feel like we are adding too much complexity but not adding that much more to the theme. Besides, simply being wounded wouldn't trigger the Source. I'd rather return to choosing one hero per opponent at the start of the game and add restrictions for no Soulborgs, Constructs, or Undead. IMO it's much cleaner.

JC McMinis March 25th, 2012 10:11 PM

edited to exclude soulborgs etc from the source. also thoughts on my mini choice.

DUNCAN MACLEOD

JANDAR

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 6
DEFENSE 6

THE SOURCE
Stare the game with 3 green source markers on this army card. If an opponent does not have a figure with Immortal and The Quickening ability, you may choose one Unique Hero per opponent and place a source marker on that army card. The chosen figures now have bother the Immortal and The Quickening Abilities. Source markers may not be placed on soulborgs, constructs or undead.

IMMORTAL 11

THE QUICKENING

JC McMinis March 31st, 2012 05:23 PM

:bump:

Hello anybody else home?

Taeblewalker March 31st, 2012 05:31 PM

THE QUICKENING
When Duncan MacLeod destroys a figure with the Immortal ability, take permanent control of that figures army card and any army card that figure controlled with The Quickening. Duncan MacLeod may use any ability on any army card that you control with The Quickening.

Fi Skirata March 31st, 2012 05:40 PM

I'm here! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1583331)
DUNCAN MACLEOD

JANDAR

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 6
DEFENSE 6

THE SOURCE
Staret the game with 3 green source markers on this army card. If an opponent does not have a figure with Immortal 11 and The Quickening abilities, you may choose one Unique Hero per opponent and place a source marker on that army card. The chosen figures now have bother the Immortal 11 and The Quickening Aabilities. Source markers may not be placed on soulborgs, constructs or undead.

IMMORTAL 11
On the start of each of your turns after Duncan MacLeod was has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, immediately place Duncan MacLeod in your start area and remove all woulnd markers from this army card. This ability does not work if Duncan is destroyed by another figure with the Immortal 11 ability.

THE QUICKENING
When Duncan MacLeod destroys a figure with the Immortal 11 ability, take permanent control of that figure's army card and any army card that figure gained controlled of with The Quickening ability. Duncan MacLeod may use any ability on any army card that you gained control of with The Quickening ability.

Fixed! I still think both the attack and defense should be dropped to five each.

machinekng March 31st, 2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fi Skirata (Post 1586507)
I'm here! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1583331)
DUNCAN MACLEOD

JANDAR

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 6
DEFENSE 6

THE SOURCE
Staret the game with 3 green source markers on this army card. If an opponent does not have a figure with Immortal 11 and The Quickening abilities, you may choose one Unique Hero per opponent and place a source marker on that army card. The chosen figures now have bother the Immortal 11 and The Quickening Aabilities. Source markers may not be placed on soulborgs, constructs or undead.

IMMORTAL 11
On the start of each of your turns after Duncan MacLeod was has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, immediately place Duncan MacLeod in your start area and remove all woulnd markers from this army card. This ability does not work if Duncan is destroyed by another figure with the Immortal 11 ability.

THE QUICKENING
When Duncan MacLeod destroys a figure with the Immortal 11 ability, take permanent control of that figure's army card and any army card that figure gained controlled of with The Quickening ability. Duncan MacLeod may use any ability on any army card that you gained control of with The Quickening ability.

Fixed! I still think both the attack and defense should be dropped to five each.

Looks good to me, and I concur on the stat reduction.