Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Confred August 5th, 2020 07:30 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

"Visceral Movement" was originally a pun placeholder name.
His actions are so well practiced and precise they border superhuman muscle memory, gut - visceral.
His actions also spread guts everywhere and deal with attacking, visceral

Confred August 14th, 2020 10:18 AM

Today is Friday, so I'll playtest tonight.

I've been thinking about Master Assassin and think Triple Attack should probably be the solution. It would reduce card complexity and not break theme. John Wick switches his targets depending on situation. I like the stick and move of it.

But I'll play tonight with Master Assassin and follow up my thoughts.

I'll also get back to member write ups above

Confred August 18th, 2020 11:03 PM

Re: FYI

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2409517)
Regarding Master Assassin,I'm not sure if "changing targets" is a defined Scape phrase even though we know what it means whereas "if possible" means exactly what it says.

MASTER ASSASSIN

When John Wick attacks a figure, he may attack two additional times. He may only choose different targets if the figure is destroyed. John Wick can't attack destructible objects this way.

Taeblewalker August 18th, 2020 11:09 PM

Sounds good.

Dysole August 18th, 2020 11:24 PM

Thought

What about?

Quote:

MASTER ASSASSIN

When John Wick attacks, he may attack up to 2 additional times. If the figure targeted by the previous attack is not destroyed, he must target that figure for an attack, if possible. John Wick may not use Master Assassin on destructible objects.
I'm kinda stealing wording from the Nakita Agents Smoke Powder (the only power I know for sure references targeting), Tactical Switch, and Life Drain.

~Dysole, spelling it out more because again while we all know what is meant she's not actually sure if "changing targets" is a defined Scape term

EDIT: Actually might have found a different power to crib off of.

Quote:

MASTER ASSASSIN

When John Wick attacks, he may attack up to 2 additional times. He must target the same figure with each attack unless that figure is destroyed. John Wick may not use Master Assassin on destructible objects.
Swapping out Smoke Powder and Tactical Switch wording for some of the wording used from Saber Storm

Confred August 18th, 2020 11:55 PM

Played a game just now against a random Army, Marro Cavalry: All Large figures, so John Wick's anti-Medium powers didn't come into play. But it didn't matter because he annihilated 495 points without getting touched.

The locking on targets is needlessly complicated and doesn't solve the issue with this figure.

If I may return to my first draft suggestion:
Quote:

MASTER ASSASSIN
After attacking, John Wick may attack one additional time for each opponent's figure who is adjacent to him.
Is TACTICAL MOVEMENT used anywhere else? We could use that in replace of VISCERAL MOVEMENT

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...n_wickv7_6.png

Dysole August 19th, 2020 12:28 AM

Approval

I like both of those powers. Tactical Movement is not moved anywhere else and I feel it is very on theme.

~Dysole, updatingly

JC McMinis August 19th, 2020 08:41 PM

I like where this has gone. Here is the updated car with the new wording.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/9f4...gw94t1zqzg.jpg

If everyone is in agreement I think it is time to vote. If so he has my :thumbsup:

Tornado August 19th, 2020 09:13 PM

I would reorder the powers with Boogeyman first, then Tactical Movement, then Master Assassin and Human Shield.

Then it goes in order of your turn with movement powers first, then attack, then defense.

Dysole August 19th, 2020 10:14 PM

Wording

I do think Tactical Movement should be

John Wick may attack before, after, or at any point during his movement.

There's not really a good scape analog but it's what is used in C3G and I think it's a concise wording.

We want him to have to stop if he uses Boogeyman right?

~Dysole, covering bases

~

Taeblewalker August 19th, 2020 10:16 PM

Re: Wording

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 2412431)
I do think Tactical Movement should be

John Wick may attack before, after, or at any point during his movement.

There's not really a good scape analog but it's what is used in C3G and I think it's a concise wording.

We want him to have to stop if he uses Boogeyman right?

~Dysole, covering bases

~

That depends; do we want another Kumiko?

Porkins August 22nd, 2020 01:47 AM

Currently playing a big game including Dalinar and Aslan. Cool stuff guys!