Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Iron Man (Hulkbuster) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=37073)

Griffin July 25th, 2011 05:30 AM

The Book of Iron Man (Hulkbuster)

The Book of Iron Man Hulkbuster

C3G MARVEL WAVE 9
HOMELAND SECURITY

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutations and Monsters set.
Its model number and name are #050 / Hulkbuster.
Character Bio - Occasionally Iron Man's Avenger mate Hulk loses his temper and can't calm down or stop himself from destroying all that is in sight. In an attempt to protect the people and surroundings of a fully enraged Hulk, Tony Stark created a new Iron Man suit specifically designed to withstand the tremendous amount of power and pressure of the Hulk and use this suit's abilities to give the Hulk a non-civilian target to channel his frustrations on.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Hulkbuster is a single-spaced figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Human, Iron Man has these Human Synergies.
  • As a Tony Stark that is not an Engineer, Iron Man may be drafted into the same army as Iron Man Mk V and activated by his Slave Circuit special power. If he is drafted alongside Iron Man Mk V, he will gain the species of Android and these Android Synergies.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
C3G:
  • As a Human, Iron Man allows adjacent friendly Civilians to roll an additional attack and defense die due to their Strength in Numbers special power.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Griffin July 25th, 2011 05:31 AM

Re: The Book of Iron Man Hulkbuster - DESIGNING

NAME = IRON MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = TONY STARK

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 360

HULKBUSTER
When rolling defense dice, roll one additional defense die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure. If the attacking figure is adjacent, count all excess shields rolled as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

IMMOVABLE
Iron Man may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card unless the player controlling Iron Man allows him to be moved.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

A3n July 25th, 2011 06:55 AM

The write-up looks good, but not a fan of the "comic" art.

Griffin July 25th, 2011 07:47 AM

OK, let's discuss comic art. :) I couldn't find anything that wasn't super tiny. :lol: I will try again later, but some help on that would be nice. What I have there is really just a place holder and I wanted to have something.

A3n July 25th, 2011 08:10 AM

Yeah, slim pickings.
I found an old style comic pic of him:
http://i14.tinypic.com/2v3saow.jpg

Griffin July 25th, 2011 08:29 AM

Hey that is better than anything I could find! :up:

IAmBatman July 25th, 2011 12:06 PM

Good find, A3n! I thought this might be a tough one.

Spidey'tilIDie July 25th, 2011 02:38 PM

I have the figure and can take pics of him. My only concern is the 4 Defense with Hulkbuster, how often will he actually take wounds? He seems to not have a threshold, but tech (unlike the Hulk) does have a threshold.

Griffin July 25th, 2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

HULKBUSTER
When rolling defense dice, roll one additional die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure and count all excess shields rolled as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1447528)
I have the figure and can take pics of him. My only concern is the 4 Defense with Hulkbuster, how often will he actually take wounds? He seems to not have a threshold, but tech (unlike the Hulk) does have a threshold.

I think this is a solid point. I mean She-Hulk can do it, but again, that Gamma DNA has no real limit. Also, I notice that currently he has ranged counterstrike which just doesn't work for me at all, and I think he is likely to OWN Hulk at this point....... How about this:

Quote:

HULKBUSTER
When rolling defense dice, roll one additional defense die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure up to 4 additional defense dice. If the attacking figure is adjacent, count all excess shields rolled as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
That caps it out at defense of 8 (Thor level) and restricts the counterstrike aspect to ONLY adjacent attacks.

Spidey'tilIDie July 25th, 2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin (Post 1447559)
Quote:

HULKBUSTER
When rolling defense dice, roll one additional die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure and count all excess shields rolled as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie (Post 1447528)

I think this is a solid point. I mean She-Hulk can do it, but again, that Gamma DNA has no real limit. Also, I notice that currently he has ranged counterstrike which just doesn't work for me at all, and I think he is likely to OWN Hulk at this point....... How about this:

Quote:

HULKBUSTER
When rolling defense dice, roll one additional defense die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure up to 4 additional defense dice. If the attacking figure is adjacent, count all excess shields rolled as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
That caps it out at defense of 8 (Thor level) and restricts the counterstrike aspect to ONLY adjacent attacks.

As Red Skull would say, "Vundabar!"

Griffin July 25th, 2011 03:21 PM

Oh Spidey, pics would be great thanks. I only have the Handful of Heroes. Also, could you give us an additional profile shot of him against some Hexes so we can see his actual size? And could you tell me if he is better suited on a double space rather than a single? He looks quite large, and wouldn't fit well on a single Elf Ball base much less a single base and fit onto a ladder.

tcglkn July 25th, 2011 04:10 PM

I think that update addresses my main concern that he would be taking out anyone less than Hulk that attacks him rather easily. Other Heroes should stand a chance at cracking his defense.