Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Lizard (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39881)

SirGalahad March 5th, 2012 12:41 PM

The Book of Lizard

The Book of Lizard

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 15
THE WEB OF SPIDERMAN

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Ultimates set.
Its model numbers and names are #013-015 / Lizard.
Its model numbers and names are #205 / Dr. Curtis Connors.
Character Bio- Dr. Connor's attempt to regenerate his amputated arm by ingesting a reptilian serum led to the unintended consequence of transforming into a reptile himself. He has had limited success in controlling the transformation, which is often triggered by stress or exertion.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • NA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:
  • As a Creature, an opponent's Hellboy rolls 2 additional attack dice when attacking Lizard due to Hellboy's Right Hand of Doom special power.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips- -Heroscapers Community Contributions-

SirGalahad March 5th, 2012 12:41 PM

Re: Lizard - Design Phase

NAME = LIZARD
SECRET IDENTITY = CURTIS CONNORS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 200

EXPERT CLIMBING
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Lizard, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Lizard's height of 5 when climbing. Lizard never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

TAIL WHIP
When Lizard attacks with his normal attack, you may choose one figure that is adjacent to both Lizard and the defending figure. If the defending figure receives one or more wounds from Lizard's normal attack, the chosen figure receives a wound.

REGENERATION
Instead of attacking with Lizard, roll one combat die for each Wound Marker on this card. For each skull rolled, you may remove a Wound Marker from this card.

SUPER STRENGTH

tcglkn March 5th, 2012 01:03 PM

Nice combination of reused powers. :up: I see nothing wrong with this design except I usually see Lizard as quicker than 6 move, I think he should have 7.

Margloth March 5th, 2012 01:05 PM

I'm a little surprised to see his attack so low. I'm also a little surprised to not see any kind of swamp strength/ slither, but I guess Expert Climbing is more appropriate than slither.

Also, since he's in 'lizard' form, I'm not sure he should have the class of Scientist. It's not like he's really much in control of his cognitive abilites in that form. Maybe Creature?

EDIT: Also, should he have Super Strength?

Griffin March 5th, 2012 01:09 PM

I like Scientist or Creature, but I probably prefer Creature.

Definitely should have Super Strength.

Attack of 4 is a bit low for him. 5 is better IMO.

Nice power choices.

SirGalahad March 5th, 2012 02:31 PM

SS was in my Word write-up. Just didn't copy.

5A :up:

7M - what does everyone else think?

Margloth March 5th, 2012 02:45 PM

I can definitely get on board with 7m if Scorpion has it... but that's just me.

IAmBatman March 5th, 2012 02:47 PM

I like 5 attack and 7 move. I almost wouldn't mind seeing 4 defense and 6 life, but I'm fine with this too.

I like scientist unless we plan on doing a Curt Connors civilian form at any point, since I think he has somewhat of control over his mind at times. But I'm OK with creature also.

The power set is solid and he pretty much looks ready for testing! :-)

A3n March 5th, 2012 03:39 PM

Nice use of powers & overall design. I am for the 7M, 5A & Creature. But great design out of the blocks :up:.

Griffin March 5th, 2012 04:05 PM

7 move :up:

Spidey'tilIDie March 5th, 2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1572378)
Nice use of powers & overall design. I am for the 7M, 5A & Creature. But great design out of the blocks :up:.

:word:
I also think Slither would be very thematic. Any thought to combining Expert Climbing and Slither into one Movement power?

IAmBatman March 5th, 2012 04:27 PM

Isn't he mostly a city-dweller? How much time does Lizard spend in swamps and lakes and ocean, thematically?