Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Beantown Beatdown 4 Post-Tourney Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=19650)

Pilgrim June 28th, 2008 08:23 AM

Beantown Beatdown 4 Post-Tourney Thread

Alright, let's get those tourney pix and battle reports going!

Pilgrim June 28th, 2008 08:10 PM

Re: Beantown Beatdown 4 Post-Tourney Thread

We had a FANTASTIC tourney today. The tournout was awesome, great competition, and of course lots of socializing.

I will post battle reports probably tomorrow for my matchups. NESA had an official photographer, so I'm expecting a ton of photos. Onacara has a CD with them.

Let the post-tourney smack talk begin!

Bengi June 28th, 2008 08:16 PM

Awesome tournament! Thanks for hosting! I'll post my battle reports later, but I will say that I closed out my first match with a Mindshackle!

nyys June 28th, 2008 08:47 PM

Easily the fastest 5 hours I've ever spent gaming... fun was had. BRs forthcoming.

EDIT: Five opponents and an absolute pleasure playing each one, thanks guys.

ASmiles June 28th, 2008 09:09 PM

Here's the Results of the 13+ portion of the tourney. Post Tourney Wrap and Stats to come later. I'll also upload the file for anyone who wants to see the match by match breakdown.

Wins Points Name Army
5 2500 Pilgrim Houndsx3, KA, AE
5 2306 Asmiles 10thx2, Romansx2, Marcus, MBS, Krav
4 2425 Disco Stu Cyprien, Isamu, Otonashi, Minionsx3
4 2300 Kosta Nilf, Charos, Krav
4 2217 theGuru Dupuis, KoWx3, Raelin, DeD
4 2160 B:T:L Matt Mittens, Venocx8, Zetacron
4 2058 RobertDD Stingersx4, Reaversx2, Q9
4 1853 Grishnakh KG, Isamu, Marcu, 10thx3, Minionsx2
3 2289 Dan Swog, Agrutsx2, BGrutsx3, Nerak, Tornak, Krug
3 2275 Ollie Minionsx2, 10thx2, Tarn, Zetacron, Marcu
3 2259 Oak Q9, Q10, Carr, Izumi, Isamu
3 2250 NYYS Zelrig, WSG, Stingersx2, Nagrubsx2
3 2227 Sniper Viper Zetacron, Otonashi, KoWx3, Isamu, Finn, Gilbert, Dumutef
3 2217 Bengi Groksx2, NGS, MBS, Tarn, MW
3 2152 Nyphot Braxas, AE, Krav, Raelin
3 2023 Onacara Sujoah, Spidersx2, 10th x3, Isamu
3 1980 Mogrebla New Drake, EOV, Krav, Raelin, MW
3 1917 Curseyoukhan GO, Q10, Krav, Krug, Guilty
3 1880 Tehfattestninja Minionsx2, Omnicronx2, Zetacron, Otonashi, Isamu
3 1835 ZombieBomb Isamu, Shiori, NotNW, Warden, Krav, Guilty, Marcu, Raelin
2 2292 fil 10thx2, Finn, Cyprien, Sonya, Zetacron, Isamu
2 2140 Eckels 4thx2, Eldgrim, Thorgrim, Finn, New Drake
2 2138 Shades Fan Zelrig, Crixus, 10thx3
2 2102 Nyphot's Better Half Cyprien, Sonya, Nilf, Stingersx2
2 2073 Jotuns Blacksmith Zelrig, Zetacron, AE, Raelin, Isamu, Dumutef, Eldgrim
2 2009 Anthony Jr. Stingersx3, Hounds, MW, Grok, MBS
2 1987 Eann Moriko, Emiroon, KG, Chadris, Ulgy
2 1965 arp12 Zelrig, GO, Kozuke, Valguard
2 1904 Rec_Thug 4thx2, KoWx2, Gilbert, Alastair
2 1800 Egg Syvarris, AE, Raelin, MW, Izumi, Krav
2 1786 SJScaper Sujoah, Spidersx3, Sonlen, Guilty
2 1677 Clan Campbell Carr, Raelin, Sonlen, DeD, Micro
2 1598 Craig Syvarris, Aubrienx3, Acolarh, Kelda
2 1531 Super Esenwein 10thx2, KA, Marcus, Guilty, GO
1 2085 Harvard Fan Q9, Q10, MW, Tagawa
1 1979 Cards Badrux3, Khosumet, Q9
1 1706 Eric Anubianx2, Zettians, GO, Badru, Dumutef, Khosumet
1 1578 Uprising GO, NotNW, Crixus, Tagawa Archersx3
1 1550 Tbone Iskra, Sentinels, Rechets, Micro, Mimring, Dumutef
1 1396 Marro Maniac Krug, Isamu, Sonlen, Charos
1 1195 Jim Nagrubsx3, Stingers, MW, SBN, WSG
0 1136 Tina KG, Arkmer, Aubrienx2, Emiroon

Pilgrim June 28th, 2008 09:27 PM

Okay, before I do a battle report, I need to squeeze in a big THANK YOU post, because I frankly never could have pulled this tourney off without all the volunteers who took different parts and made them happen.

1) Nyys - Thanks for an enormous amount of work gathering, testing and vetting maps. The adult tourney had 29 unique maps - no duplicates. That was a huge administrative task. Looking forward to hooking up for some gaming this summer or fall.

2) ASmiles - You've got the scoring and the spreadsheet down to a science. Minimal downtime between rounds. The whole thing flew by. Thanks for taking it on again.

3) Curseyoukhan - Big appreciation for running the 12 and under tourney. I think you've done that 3x in a row now at the BB's. My son had a great time!

4) Onacara - So glad you introduced NESA. The raffles and nametags were fantastic

5) Picture Guy (whoever you were) - Can't wait to see the pix.

6) Ninja - Um, not sure what to say here. Do I thank you for making me laugh my guts out with the costume, or thank you for taking it off fairly quickly? Please someone tell me we have pictures of that . . . . You're on in a million dude.

7) Everyone who came early to set up, build, help tear down afterward, everyone who brought prizes (the prize table was phat) - THANK YOU!

:grouphug:

nyys June 28th, 2008 09:53 PM

For when ASmiles posts the spreadsheet/results heres the map key.

NOTE: For maps B and X for some reason I didn't have their letter label written down. If anyone can remember what maps those were please let me know.

NOTE2: I think map X might have been 'Diversions' can anyone confirm? Map B I have no clue as I didn't get the build instructions back so I'm at a loss. It was next to Mole Hills and I believe whomever built that one, also built the one next to it. Edit: Diversions confirmed.

Would appreciate feedback on the maps that you played on. Loved, hated, indifferent... whatever. Looking to build a database of the ones folks liked the best so that we can bring them back in the future and to get rid of what may have looked like a good idea at the time (cough Bunker Battle) but didn't pan out so well. Be as brutally honest as you like, no feelings will be hurt.

Please comment in the BBIV map thread over in the maps section (links to all the maps are there as well if you need a refresher.

A - Mole Hills
B -
C - Melee Mania
D - Jungle Cliffs
E - Walls of Solitude
F - Wicked Wall
G - Cold Conflict
H - Road Rampage
I - Highways and Dieways
J - Sunken Castle
K - Rugged Mire
L - Swamp Oasis
M - Corrupting the Source
N - Hot Heights
O - Booby Traps
P - Death Stations Part Deux
Q - Death Platform
R - Death Stations
S - The Mountain
T - Foxtrot
U - Jungle Plateau
V - Dreyrugr Holr
W - Fire Isles
X - Diversions
Y - Marr Highway (End of the Road)
Z - Frozen Spires
AA - Bunker Battle
BB - Overlord
CC - Badru Valley

fil June 28th, 2008 10:11 PM

I think Pilgrim might've had "home court" advantage. :)

Seriously, it was an awesome tournament, and I want to say a big thanks to all who made it possible. I had tons of fun!

Pilgrim June 28th, 2008 10:40 PM

Battle Report

First of all, no one is more surprised by my tourney win than I am. I was rolling well all day (which NEVER seems to happen for me). I enjoyed all my opponents and squeaked by in a couple games. The MVP for my army was the AE. They performed incredibly well, as the following reports will show:

Game 1 - Ninja

Round 1 Ninja and I began moving our troops up the plateau to get into position. Round 2 my AE dropped and that was pretty much the game. They got high ground, next to foliage, and preceded to pick off the minions, boogie bots, and the Zetacron one by one (the minions granted me several nice wiffs, and I was rolling 2-3 skulls almost every shot of th AE). I never put my order markers on anything but the AE once they landed. It's always a delight to play the Ninja.

Game 2 - Harvard

Harvard gave me a run for my money on the Marr highway. M dogs and his marro warriors clashed early at center map, with the hounds plaguing and killing the warriors quickly. The tagwa came up next. By then the AE had dropped, and they took the tagwa out (sparing the hounds the threat of counterstrike). Things looked good, but then out came Q9 and Q10, and they proceeded to pick apart my advance hounds, and the AE. The AE managed to get Q9 down to 1 life before being Quiglixed to bits. Kaemen Awa made his charge, and finished Q9 (and I think put a hit or two on Q10) before Q10 shot him up with his special attack. It was now Q10 vs. the hounds. The hounds hurled themselves at the bot, dying in the process but getting him down to one life.

Finally, it was Q10 with one life vs. 1 remaining hound. The hound moved next to Q10 and had his last shot. He rolled THREE skulls and Q10 (I believe) rolled TWO shields. I won by a hair - a truly epic match.

Game 3 - Grishnahk

I don't know if I should even post this one. The carnage was almost too horrible. We played on death stations which is pretty wide open except for a central network of four road platforms, connected by roads, surrounding a pool.

Anyway, I got the AE drop first round, and put them on the roads. I then won initiative. I quickly whisked them up the roads and lobbed grenades, which took out over half of Grishnakh's army (killed 10th x2, minions x1). After that the AE backpeddled and shot up the pursuing minions. It was so ugly and hopeless that Grishnahk graciously conceded before the game ended, handing me 500 points and only killing one of my AE.

I told you I had freakishly good luck!

Game 4 - Dan

I faced Dan on a really interesting board: Walls of solitude. My AE just woundn't drop, so we spent the first two thirds of the game trading blows between my fast moving mardens and his fast moving orcs. Dan played the orcs extremely well, keeping Nerak and Tornak in sync so as to buff his blade gruts at all times. The hounds' plague was on, landing a hit probably 40% of the time. As his blade gruts were widdled down he brought out the archers, a swog rider and Krug. Krug broke off from the battle and went after KA who was way back in my start zone.

FINALLY the AE dropped. They quickly mopped up what was left of our orc vs. hound carnage. But Krug had turned the corner and begun to assault KA. KA got 3-4 hits on the big green guy before succumbing to Krug's growing ire. Krug then gave pursuit to the AE (two of them left). They proceeded to fall back and shoot as they went, and finally shot Krug before he could catch up to them. Dan plan very well, and that game could have gone either way.

Game 5 - RichardDD

Again, what can I say? The AE came through in the championship match. They dropped first round, and I got three of them up on the bunker at Bunker Battle Map. Q9 marched up, and was gunned down under a hail of AE fire. The rats started to move up, but because the AE were elevated, they really didn't tie anyone up as is their calling. The stingers came out and, well, it was bad. Richard rolled 3 or 4 consecutive stinger blow-ups. Unfortunately he was plagued with the kind of rolling that I usually do. But this was my day apparently, because the AE wiped out the stingers. Then it was just a matter of picking off the remaining rats before coasting to victory. I think it would have been a very different game on another map. Unless, of course, Richard kept rolling like that :)

Jim June 28th, 2008 10:50 PM

I came in second...to last!

Jim

Onacara June 28th, 2008 11:18 PM

The Onacara clan is back home...damm I am beat.

Thanks again Pilgrim and ASmiles for running a great event and to everyone for helping kickoff NESA.

Congrats to the winners of the NESA prize drawings.

Guru-$25 WGH gift certificate
Fil-Ticalla Jungle
Rec_Thug-Aquilla's Alliance
??????-Wave 8
tehfattestninja- Leifkicker's Demon Gate.

It was great seeing some familiar faces again and meeting some new ones. (BTW Grish's terrain is even more amazing in person)

I will get the pics up on the NESA site ASAP and then link you all to it.

More later but right now I am fried.

Shades fan June 28th, 2008 11:39 PM

We just got home at 11:30. :roll:
Great day though, and I would love to do it again. He will post the pixs or at least have them up by tomorrow.;thumbsup: