Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

TREX October 12th, 2015 12:38 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I ran my first test with this guy. I guess he is on thematically, because his one big kaboom ended up blowing himself up. Not all the way, but 2 wounds worth. He's a very big gamble as far as him being worth a draft. At 50 pts he killed one krav maga agent in my game and blew up himself. He did have the chance of blowing up 5 figures. With the one swingy massive attack, and fairly decent other stats I would say he is probably ok at 50pts. He is way overpowered at 50pts without that pretty big chance you can blow yourself up, thats what puts it in check. I will add all the details in later, as it is getting late. I will also run another game with him as well. Any thoughts on a matchup roster would be welcome, because I don't really know what kind of matchup would do him justice. Last game was a team of Agents, verses the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz, with an army of gladiatrons and blastatrons, with marcu esewein for the point filler. Agents vs evil. Any suggestions will gladly be taken. I would like to take this thread forward.

JC McMinis October 14th, 2015 04:29 AM

I will put up an updated card with the above corrections posted on it later today. ust getting over a wave of sickness rolling through all 3 of my kids plus my wife and myself. Was planning on trying to get this rolling again before the sickness but tis the season.

Taeblewalker October 14th, 2015 05:37 PM

Feel better JC.

Porkins October 15th, 2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

If Dr. Doofenshmirtz's nemesis is within 3 spaces of Dr. Doofenshmirtz subtract 9 from your roll.
Fixed.

JC McMinis October 16th, 2015 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2049832)
Feel better JC.

Thanks Taeblewalker. I do feel a little better, here is the updated card.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psxre8jgkj.jpg

TREX October 16th, 2015 10:13 AM

I think at 50 pts he looks low, but when you add in his SA it could really blow him up and is really swingy enough to drop his points to 50. I'm going to try to get in a couple more quick games in with him to reassure what I'm thinking. Getting to move the nemesis every time he takes a turn really handicaps his SA. Much like the show I would think. He does have a chance to really blow stuff up. I'll post my full playtests when I'm done with them all.

McHotcakes October 16th, 2015 12:41 PM

His SA may be swingy but it can really devestate when it hits. I agree with bumping his points up. From my testing with him I think 60 might be a good fit.

Confred October 17th, 2015 12:10 AM

1) I think the Nemesis power should offer some benefit as his nemesis is a part of his motivation. I'd also like to change the name of the power to something more specific; suggestions welcomed. Another issue I have with the name is that the Dr. has a nemesis, he isn't the nemesis.
2) I like the long name change, but since the second power is now a special attack, he can target figures and save some space.
3) Just as there are Wizards and Archmages, Witches and Warwitches, there could be Scientists and Evil Scientists. I think the Dr. is the latter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suggested Changes
NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, you must choose an opponent's Unique Hero, if possible, to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. You must choose Perry the Platypus to be the Nemesis, if possible. While the Nemesis is on the battlefield,
  • Add 1 to your 20-sided die rolls if the Nemesis is not adjacent to Dr. Doofenshmirtz and Dr. Doofenshmirtz has not attacked with a special attack this game.
  • Subtract 5 from your 20-sided die rolls if the Nemesis is adjacent to Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

BEHOLD THE TRI-STATE AREA DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5 Special. Attack 5.
Choose a figure to attack. Line of sight isn't needed. All figures within 3 spaces of the chosen figure are also affected by the attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may change the target of the attack to a different figure. Dr. Doofenshmirtz may be chosen as the new target. If Dr. Doofenshmirtz is adjacent to his Nemesis, he must use this power. Use this power only once.

By adjusting the 20-sided die, you get improved initiative, but also tinkering and scheming bonuses. It makes him more of a target and more interactive. He loses these bonuses to grandstanding in front of his obsession.

Dysole October 17th, 2015 12:16 AM

Hmm

I like what you're doing there Confred but my initial thoughts are that the wording could use some shoring up.

~Dysole, who will have more time later to look at it

Tornado October 17th, 2015 05:19 PM

Looking good. Another great design. You have an awesome team here.

SirGalahad October 18th, 2015 01:07 PM

Sorry I've been absent lately. RL taking a toll.

NEMESIS MOTIVATION
At the start of the game, you must choose an opponent's Unique Hero, if possible, to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Nemesis. You must choose Perry the Platypus to be the Nemesis, if possible. While the Nemesis is on the battlefield,
  • Add 1 to your 20-sided die rolls if the Nemesis is not adjacent to Dr. Doofenshmirtz and Dr. Doofenshmirtz has not attacked with a special attack this game.
  • Subtract 5 from your 20-sided die rolls if the Nemesis is adjacent to Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

BEHOLD THE TRI-STATE AREA DESTRUCTINATOR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5 Special. Attack 5.
Choose a figure to attack. No line of sight is required. All figures within 3 spaces of the chosen figure are also affected by the attack. Before rolling attack dice, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or lower, an opponent may change the target of the attack to a different figure. Dr. Doofenshmirtz may be chosen as the new target. If Dr. Doofenshmirtz is adjacent to his Nemesis, he must use this power. You may use this power only once per game.

The line in the SA about being adjacent to the Nemesis and having to use the power contradicts that the SA can only be used once per game.

You also don't need all the "you must" language. If you are using an imperative clause (choose, roll, etc.), there is no reason to have that other verbiage in there.

Taeblewalker October 18th, 2015 08:04 PM

Does the first power affect initiative rolls?