Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

Dysole May 28th, 2015 11:48 PM

Observation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2024212)
I don't think the drawback for Godly items should happen when they're used, but when they're picked up or started a turn with. I imagine the unworthy bring stricken with lightning as soon as they attempt such an affront to the gods.
And I think Boots Of Hermes should give +3 to feel more godly.

Edit: But if we do want it on use, I like Dysole's wording.

If we do the start a turn with that's much easier on everybody's wording.

Quote:

Before taking a turn, if this figure is not a God or Demi-God, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 5 or lower, this figure takes a wound.
I have no problem with Boots being +3.

~Dysole, who admittedly got that wording from dok

Confred May 29th, 2015 07:37 AM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

How about:
Icarus's Wings
When moving, this figure may ignore lower changes in elevation and may move over figures and over water on lower elevations without stopping or becoming engaged. This figure never rolls for falling damage. After moving over lava spaces, destroy this Glyph.

Dysole May 29th, 2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2024237)
How about:
Icarus's Wings
When moving down levels of terrain, this figure may ignore elevation. This figure may fly over water without stopping, and pass over figures without becoming engaged as long as that water space or figure's base is lower than this figure's current location.may ignore lower changes in elevation and may move over figures and over water on lower elevations without stopping or becoming engaged. This figure never rolls for falling damage. If this figure fliesAfter moving over a lava field or molten lava spaces, destroy this Glyph.

Cobbled together Climb, Flying, and Knockback to get this.

~Dysole, thinking if we add in the demi-god/god stuff just add a "If this figure chooses to use the wings this turn". Also change my original wording to that as well

Confred May 29th, 2015 07:58 AM

Does the first line of your edit allow the figure to move over gaps such as ravines?

Dysole May 29th, 2015 08:04 AM

Frayed Knot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confred (Post 2024242)
Does the first line of your edit allow the figure to move over gaps such as ravines?

I don't believe so and neither did your version. (changes in elevation is not a defined term in scape) I can't think of a way to word it without just straight going flying which seems like a much easier version.

~Dysole, leaning that way

JC McMinis May 29th, 2015 08:17 AM

How about for Icarus' Wings we usr Grishnakh's glid mechanic he uses for his Batman

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...&original=1&c=

Edit: And here is Krato's card as it stands
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psdgmyhd1s.jpg

Dysole May 29th, 2015 08:38 AM

Not Bad

I'll have to check and see if it jives with official Scape language but today and tomorrow will be tricksy for me. We'll see.

~Dysole, who is down with that if it works with Scape language

TREX May 29th, 2015 10:51 AM

@JC McMinis , I likee. That card looks pretty sweet. I would just try to move the title of each ability closer to the other text for it. As far as the glide thing for icarus wings, I think that is a perfect fit. The text fits with the icarus wings pretty well, because all he does with them is glide, they aren't for flying. @Confred , I liked the list of godly artifacts you pulled together, they are coming along nicely. As for the Boots of Hermes, I definitely on board with move of 3. The only reason I was not to keen on figures rolling to pick up Kratos glyphs, thats pretty brutal, 5 or lower and they are destroyed. I can't imagine I would try to pick them up. The concept is cool though.
Have you guys taken a look at my stab at Bow of Apollo. Completed Godly Artifacts Link
EDIT: I think I will play test Kratos against 2 fen hydras and see how it goes. I will probably do a couple play tests, just to try for a ballpark on his point cost.

JC McMinis May 29th, 2015 04:40 PM

Just another thing about the glyphs. I like the idea of them taking damage when trying to pick them up. Basically the whole they are not worthy thing. What is we limit allowing Unique Heroes (and maybe uncommon ones) picking them up. Like this also I based how I worded the movement enhancement and phantom walk on the boots kind like we did Harry Potter's Firebolt broom.

First Draft of the Boots of Hermes glyph card.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...psjv7nne5d.jpg

McHotcakes May 29th, 2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2024286)
If Kratos is destroyed and there are no other figures you control left on the Battlefield you may immediately roll for Climb for Tartarus one additional time, adding 2 to your roll.

This part confuses me. Under normal circumstances Kratos only rolls for Climb From Tartarus at the start of one of your turns, correct? If he is the last figure you control then you immediately roll for Climb From Tartarus when he dies and just once, right? The one additional time implies Kratos rolls twice when he dies. Is that how we want it?

How thematic is it for Kratos to immediately come back after death? I thought there was a grace period where he hung out in Hades before coming back. Having him die and come back on the same turn seems a little iffy to me :shrug:

Also for the Godly treasure glyphs, did we want there to be a greater chance for damage to pick one up? I think the gods wouldn't be too happy to have a non demigod just picking up their stuff. I think we should change it so it deals damage on a role of 10 or less.

That way its a little bit more of a decision for the player. Is the glyph worth a 50% chance of a wound. Or I think we could even make it an auto wound for non-demi gods. Just a thought.

Taeblewalker May 29th, 2015 07:10 PM

The glyph wording currently exempts gods and demi-gods from wounds, but no deities. Do we want C3G's Beyonder to take wounds from these glyphs? He's a deity.

Confred May 29th, 2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taeblewalker (Post 2024419)
The glyph wording currently exempts gods and demi-gods from wounds, but no deities. Do we want C3G's Beyonder to take wounds from these glyphs? He's a deity.

I was thinking more on that Taeblewalker and I actually get a chuckle out of denying deities as being false gods, looked down on by the mythos owning these Godly Artifacts.