Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape News (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Information (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31152)

Therrian August 26th, 2010 05:19 PM

Re: PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Informat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auggest (Post 1186864)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 (Post 1186791)
Now thinking about it, I think that these Orcs will be a different color than the Gruts we already have. I picture them as green-skinned, and the follow ********, whoever ******** is.

The new orc in Lords of Madness D&D set looks more like a Heroscape orc to me than past D&D so maybe not. I'm thinking the D&D to Scape goes both ways and more and more D&D figs might start looking like Scape. Here is a spoiler on the ORC due out next month, scroll down to number 36 "orc archer" http://www.ddmspoilers.com/mm_05.php
....Andrew

Thanks for that link Auggie :) Some cool stuff in there.

I will say however, that I am a little disappointed to see that it doesn't look like they are tailoring their DDM creation with Heroscape bases/figure style in mind. Lots of things standing on rocks and what not or not being positioned well to fit on the double base.

No real reason they can't just bring them to Heroscape anyways with some work-arounds, but I would have assumed they would have put a little more forethought into this...but I guess what we have seen from WOTC is that Heroscape is more of an afterthought at this point.

Majora's Incarnation August 26th, 2010 05:24 PM

Remember guys. I highly doubt WOTC is willing to introduce any Lords of Madness characters in Heroscape so soon. If anything I see the Orcs we are getting will be the Bloodspear Orcs from Fallcrest lore

LeviofDoom August 26th, 2010 05:27 PM

i like figures 9, 12, 24, 28, and 49

Robotech Master August 26th, 2010 05:35 PM

WOTC won't include brand new, still on the shelves randomized figures in non-random packs straight away, so don't expect anything from post-demonweb for a while.

And the order of importance for WOTC is pretty clear: HS is further down the line of importance for them, so its influence on D&D development will be small. They aren't going to design D&D figures "with HeroScape in mind" from now on. The priority is D&D, and creating figures that capture the description of the creature from the monster manual and making the RPers happy. When they get to HS down the line, it becomes "let's see what figures would work well here." I really don't think they want their design process to include "hey, we could design this specifically for reuse in Scape as well."

Majora's Incarnation August 26th, 2010 06:05 PM

Just found an excuse to include undead into Wave D3
The Catacombs
The limestone bluffs between Hightown and Lowtown hold a number of caves, which the folk of Fallcrest have used as burial crypts for centuries. As caves fill up, they are walled off and forgotten about. Naturally, stories abound in town about treasure hoards hidden away in the crypts, and the restless undead that guard them.
:drool: sounds HS like to me

LeviofDoom August 26th, 2010 06:47 PM

thatd be cool :)

iceman3317 August 26th, 2010 08:11 PM

I don't like that the Frost Giant is heading toward Icewind Scourge. (Sorry sounds even more like undead sense this wave sounds a lot like WoW atm.)

My guess Icewind has some type of undead in it and 1 or 2 ice/frost figures.

So we have the name of the packs.
The new guy will have 4 units/cards.
Vydar,Jandar,1 Einar figure,Utgar,and new guy will be in Wave D3.
The new guy has a skull symbol.

Moltenclaw's Invasion: Bugbears and Orcs
Moltenclaw's Invasion: Advocates for Annihilation
Moltenclaw's Invasion: Icewind Scourge
Moltenclaw's Invasion: Heroes of Fallcrest

It looks like we may get at least 1 Halfling,1 Dwarf and 1 Human Hero. Ok,maybe not a dwarf sense Aquilla is not in the picture. Unless it is an evil dwarf. I hope I am right with halflings going to Jandar.

Also minotaurs are possable.

With it saying Bugbears. I think it will be 1 Uncommon Bugbear and 1 Common Bugbear or 2 Uncommon Bugbears.

Rogue A$$asSIN August 26th, 2010 08:20 PM

Brain in a jar, what could be cooler than that?

Majora's Incarnation August 26th, 2010 08:21 PM

This is part of the campaign levels from Fallcrest

Approaching you from the northwest are a number of flaming skeletons. They move in a chaotic manner and throw orbs of fire all around them. Then they see you.

Story Elements

Select or generate story elements from this table, or make up your own.

01-25: The blazing skeletons are elf undead from one of these fortresses, and they were awakened by dark magic when the fire that ravages the western edge of the vale exposed the ancient elven fortress. The ones the PCs encounter can be tracked back to the fortress, but much of the land along the route is ablaze. So is the land surrounding the fortress, though the undead that come out of it don’t seem fazed by the flames.

26-50: The blazing skeletons are some members of a huge horde of the creatures. Drow wizards created them deep in the Underdark out of elf and drow bodies. They then made their way up through the Temple of the Yellow Skulls as an advance force to soften up the residents of the vale before drow came in earnest. They are responsible for the fire.

51-80: The blazing skeletons are being commanded by an evil priest or wizard who can be talked to and even negotiated with. He knows a lot about what is going on, but is not in charge himself.

81-00: The blazing skeletons are actually normal skeletons with fire elementals riding inside them. The elementals are bound to the skeletons and direct them. The bound pair is the creations of Bloodspear orc warlocks who are trying to take over the whole western edge of the Nentir Vale. Their base is in the southern Stonemarch.

iceman3317 August 26th, 2010 08:31 PM

Ok,so the Frost Giant might not be an Uncommon or a non-hero pack figure.

There is 2 Ice Devils and 1 Ice Mephit. There could be way more,but those are what I see. There is also an Ice Troll and the Ice Archon.

Scouge may not be Undead. It could be anything evil.

Also what does the Bloodspear Orcs look like? Does anyone know?

Gulp August 26th, 2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue A$$asSIN (Post 1187129)
Brain in a jar, what could be cooler than that?

Maybe I'm arriving at this conversation late, but remind me not to go camping with you.

Majora's Incarnation August 26th, 2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman3317 (Post 1187147)
Ok,so the Frost Giant might not be an Uncommon or a non-hero pack figure.

There is 2 Ice Devils and 1 Ice Mephit. There could be way more,but those are what I see. There is also an Ice Troll and the Ice Archon.

Scouge may not be Undead. It could be anything evil.

Also what does the Bloodspear Orcs look like? Does anyone know?

Devils and demons are two different races so no go on that. And the Bloodspear Orcs is actually a name of the ancient warfaring group. this is the modern remnant of the Bloodspears

Bloodreaver Clan

The Bloodreaver Clan is an alliance of goblinoid tribes who mostly hail from the north and west of the Nentir Vale.

Many of the constituent tribes are remnants of the Bloodspear Orcs, an overwhelmingly powerful horde which successfully raided the Vale some ninety years ago, defeating the armies of Fallcrest in the Battle of Gardbury. After the sacking of Fallcrest, some of the tribes annihilated each other through infighting while others marched beyond the Vale in search of new lands to conquer.

The resurgence of the orcs under the Bloodreaver banner is only known to a few residents of the Vale and they have not yet been properly appraised as a threat. The few orcs who have been captured have spoken of a warchief called Graka Bloodreaver and describe her as a scion of Gruumsh or even a demi-god.

There is a name for a Orc hero. :D