Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Adventure Time with Deathwalker the robot & A3n the human (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=51234)

A3n January 13th, 2015 09:01 AM

Adventure Time with Deathwalker the robot & A3n the human

Adventure Time.
Come on grab your friends
well go to very distant lands
with Jake the dog
and Finn the human
The fun will never end
its adventure time!

Hehe. My boys love Adventure Time & kind-of like Heroscape*. So when @DEATHWALKER 1970 suggested that there should be an Adventure Time custom & that there were figures out there I thought it would be a great idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathwalker 1970
I'd be perfectly happy to just have cards for a great Finn&Jake combo, as there's, in my opinion, nothing in the Heroscape card arsenal that you couldn't justify them fighting. Vikings, dragons, ogres, robots!? Bring 'em on!

So true & so we are starting this thread to collaborate our thoughts to make these happen.

Come along with me
And the butterflies and bees
We can wander through the forest
And do so as we please....

*They just don't like the time it takes. They aren't very good at sitting in one sport for more than 5 minutes.

A3n January 13th, 2015 09:04 AM

Re: Adventure Time with Deathwalker the robot & A3n the huma

So here they are / will be:

Finn
Spoiler Alert!

Jake
Spoiler Alert!

Princess Bubblegum
Spoiler Alert!

Ice King
Spoiler Alert!

A3n January 13th, 2015 09:05 AM

Deathwalker notes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathwalker 1970
Alround fighting/heroic abilities for Finn, and some carrying and shape/size change abilities for Jake. And a combined cost somewhere around 3-400 points?

But it would also be cool to team them up with Princess Bubblegum and have them fight the Ice King.

And like I said before, all the terrain we have makes great settings for AT games.

And there's great potential in GLYPHS! Armours, Swords, the Enchiridion!

Finn would be Jandar! He is a real hero, and his colours even match! Jake could be Jandar to match, but he is a bit more of a force of nature type of guy, so maybe Ullar?
Not too sure about Ice King... There are no generals I associate with misunderstood villains... But still, he is a villain, so maybe Utgar?
Bubblegum Princess, with her science skills... Vydar perhaps?

I think Finn should basically be a close combat fighter, and maybe his heroic/helpfull nature could be an ability that lets him attack enemies adjacent to friendly figures with extra dice? And his backpack could hold Treassure Glyphs?

"If Finn attacks an opponent's figure that is adjacent to at least one other figure you control, that has one or more wound markers on it, add two dice to Finn's attack"the wounded part is to set it apart from sneak attack/ganging up powers, and making it about helping someone in need. Something like the Combat Challenge ability from Tandros Kreel would work too.

Jake should have the Carry ability, and a 'change level' ability, like SGt. Drake, and something that reflects his size/shape changing abilities. It might work if you get to decide his size in relation to other cards' abilities, so he would be immune to being swallowed by Grimnak and that sort of thing... And a protective aura, like Raelin, would reflect his powers/actions in the series quite well too...

Ice King flies, and should have the ability to ignore snow and ice penalties. And something like the C3G Iceman's ice attack, order marker removal. And probably a powerfull normal ranged attack. And it would be, aherm, cool, if he had some synergy with the ice creature(s) from classic Scape...

Princess Bubblegum? Don't really know, but weak(ish) with science based support abilities...

That's my preliminary thoughts. I have also taken a look at the ,sadly cancelled, Hyground tiles, that with their cartoonish look would be great for AT, but it looks like they'll be relaunching next month...

A3n January 13th, 2015 10:22 AM

My thoughts before I read your notes (so this isn't saying I don't like anything that you have I just want to put these down as you might like something I had & we might be use elements of either / both or none at all & go a completely different direction).

Finn
Human is a non-brainer. ;)
As is Unique Hero.
He is a basically warrior although theme wise his class would probably be better as an Adventurer.
I am feeling Confident would be good for his personality.

5 lives.

Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Cost (to be determined)

Now powers...
He has quite a few battlecries but Mathematical & Algebraic are probably the most common. So I think using one of them as a power title will be cool & adds to the theme.
The most iconic battling he does seems to be charging in with hacking & slashing as he goes so I thought a power that allows you to keep rolling dice as you move would be really cool. Of course the mechanics might trip us up but we can give it a shot.
Quote:

Range 1. Attack 3
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Finn, you may move Finn up to 5 spaces in a straight line. At each space that Finn moves to that is adjacent to an opponent's figure roll 3 attack dice. Defending figures do not roll for defense until Finn has completed his move. After Finn has finished moving, defending figures roll defense dice separately against the single highest attack roll you rolled during Finn's movement. When moving with this Special Attack, Finn will not take leaving engagement attacks.

Jake
Dog for the species :shrug:
Unique Hero - no surprise there.
I am torn for the class. He is a Shapeshifter but I thought he should be an Adventurer like Finn.
My first thought for personality is Loyal but that seems too cliche.
Small 4

Live 7

Move 4 or 7 depending on the powers chosen below.
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 5

Cost (TBD)

Ok I had a few too many thoughts for Jake's powers:
STRETCH POWERS
At the start of each round you may add 6 to either Jake's normal move or normal height. If you chose to add to Jake's height, whenever Jake is in combat he always has height advantage against an adjacent opponent.

or
EXTRA HEIGHT
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Jake's height is 25 and you may count 10 vertical spaces as one space.

CARRY
Blah, blah blah.

JAKE SUIT
After revealing an Order Marker on an adjacent Adventurer hero you control, you may choose that hero and place this figure on the chosen heroes Army Card. Add 2 to the attack and defense of the chosen figure while Jake is on it's card. If the chosen figure receives any wounds while Jake is on it's card, place the same amount of Wound Markers on this card. After the opponent has taken their next turn place Jake on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure.

PRINCESS BUBBLEGUM
Nothing firm for her. If we had figures for the Banana Guards then I would give her bonding with them. Because of her technical prowess I was thinking that she would either use the power on a glyph twice or double it's effect.

ICE KING
No real thoughts here either. Just Flying & Ice-type powers.

Dysole January 13th, 2015 12:36 PM

Mathematical

Let me percolate. I might have some ideas.

~Dysole, who feels like most of his custom ideas tend to be from licensed products

Porkins January 13th, 2015 01:20 PM

What the heck is Adventure Time?

EDIT: Google and Wiki-something-or-other clued me in.

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 13th, 2015 04:09 PM

And we're off... To a good start! GREAT thread title!

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 13th, 2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1996056)
My thoughts before I read your notes (so this isn't saying I don't like anything that you have I just want to put these down as you might like something I had & we might be use elements of either / both or none at all & go a completely different direction).

Finn
Human is a non-brainer. ;)
As is Unique Hero.
He is a basically warrior although theme wise his class would probably be better as an Adventurer.
I am feeling Confident would be good for his personality.

5 lives.

Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Cost (to be determined)

Now powers...
He has quite a few battlecries but Mathematical & Algebraic are probably the most common. So I think using one of them as a power title will be cool & adds to the theme.
The most iconic battling he does seems to be charging in with hacking & slashing as he goes so I thought a power that allows you to keep rolling dice as you move would be really cool. Of course the mechanics might trip us up but we can give it a shot.
Quote:

Range 1. Attack 3
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Finn, you may move Finn up to 5 spaces in a straight line. At each space that Finn moves to that is adjacent to an opponent's figure roll 3 attack dice. Defending figures do not roll for defense until Finn has completed his move. After Finn has finished moving, defending figures roll defense dice separately against the single highest attack roll you rolled during Finn's movement. When moving with this Special Attack, Finn will not take leaving engagement attacks

Agree with Adventurer and life and stats, not too sure about Confident for personality... I think Finn is in doubt about himself a lot, but in the process of growing into confidence. Energetic perhaps? Or Persistent?

I love the idea about using his battle cries as power titles, and the power is interesting, although it might be tricky to pull of...

Another idea would be to go a bit meta...

Quote:

MATHEMATICAL!
Instead of making a normal attack, roll six attack dice and multiply the number of shields rolled with the number of skulls rolled. The result is the number of hits you infilict.

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 13th, 2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Jake
Dog for the species :shrug:
Unique Hero - no surprise there.
I am torn for the class. He is a Shapeshifter but I thought he should be an Adventurer like Finn.
My first thought for personality is Loyal but that seems too cliche.
Small 4

Live 7

Move 4 or 7 depending on the powers chosen below.
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 5

Cost (TBD)

Ok I had a few too many thoughts for Jake's powers:
STRETCH POWERS
At the start of each round you may add 6 to either Jake's normal move or normal height. If you chose to add to Jake's height, whenever Jake is in combat he always has height advantage against an adjacent opponent.

or
EXTRA HEIGHT
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Jake's height is 25 and you may count 10 vertical spaces as one space.

CARRY
Blah, blah blah.

JAKE SUIT
After revealing an Order Marker on an adjacent Adventurer hero you control, you may choose that hero and place this figure on the chosen heroes Army Card. Add 2 to the attack and defense of the chosen figure while Jake is on it's card. If the chosen figure receives any wounds while Jake is on it's card, place the same amount of Wound Markers on this card. After the opponent has taken their next turn place Jake on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure.

Again, on board with stats and life, and Adventurer. I think there's something Selfish and Shifty, or Unscrupulous about Jake.

I love the JAKE SUIT! It has the defense element I proposed, but is a LOT more interesting. At first I thought it would be too much the auto-go-to power of the team, but since they both take wounds, you have to give it some thought, excellent!

I think Carry is a must, and this one is short enough that maybe we could fit in a fourth power...?
Quote:

EXTRA HEIGHT

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 13th, 2015 04:59 PM

How about a SLAMACOW! Power on Finn...

Quote:

SLAMACOW!
Change/trade one or more order makers with an adjacent Adventurer you control.
High five tag teaming eachother... Or something...

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 13th, 2015 05:09 PM

And an attempt at a wording for the shape change power I suggested:

Quote:

SHAPE CHANGER
When affected by a power on another card that refers to a figure's size, you choose if Jake counts as small, medium, large or huge.

A3n January 13th, 2015 10:46 PM

So let's start on Finn:

Quote:

NAME = FINN
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = ENERGETIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

Mathematical or Algebraic
(Insert text)

SLAMACOW!
At the beginning of each of your turns before revealing an Order Marker, you may move any amount of unrevealed Order Markers from this card or to this card from the Army Card of an Adventurer figure that is adjacent to Finn.

A3n January 13th, 2015 11:09 PM

So I like your Slamacow! power, just had to fill it out a bit more (sadly) to make it more official like & try to cover our bases - especially adding the timing.

Now I am opposed to your suggested Mathematical power. Because it just seems strange to do that & also it would way too powerful. The power doesn't actually have to relate to mathematics as it is only a battlecry. But if you wanted something mathematical then you could probably roll 6 dice & subtract the number of shields from the skulls.

I do like the idea of Finn helping others maybe mix it with a charging aspect & maybe some maths:

Quote:

MATHEMATICAL
When attacking with Finn, add one additional attack die for each of the following:
• If the defending figure was not adjacent to Finn at the start of this turn.
• If the defending figure is engaged with at least one other friendly figure.

betawolf36 January 14th, 2015 01:03 AM

As much as I enjoy the show, I feel like Finn's abilities are being over-estimated. You also seem to be cramming as many of his aspects/characteristics as possible, from my perspective at the least. Here's what I was thinking.

FINN (MURTONS)
"I'll slay anything that's evil."
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = RIGHTEOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3(4?)

POINTS = ???

SLAMACOW!
At the beginning of each of your turns before revealing an Order Marker, you may move any amount of unrevealed Order Markers from this card or to this card from the Army Card of an Adventurer figure that is adjacent to Finn.

VIRTUOUS SMITE
When attacking any figure that does not follow Jandar, add 1 to Finn's normal attack.

THIRD POWER?

I feel it is important to remember that Finn is still young (albeit in his teens now). He hasn't fully grown and would not be able to sustain as many hits as some of the more experienced warriors. His main battle tactic is generally to attack with all he has (thus the suggested 3 defense), even more ferociously when attacking something he perceives as evil. And he generally is swayed easily by nobility into believing their perspective of what is evil. The time Ice King was in the guise of Nice King for example. That is why any non-Jandar can be affected, though some other generals could be included, for sure. That's just my :2cents: anyway.

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 14th, 2015 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1996231)
So I like your Slamacow! power, just had to fill it out a bit more (sadly) to make it more official like & try to cover our bases - especially adding the timing.

Cool! And no problem. I wrote it after a looong day of work, and was just hoping to get across the general idea. Thanks for the cleanup. :)

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 14th, 2015 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1996231)

Now I am opposed to your suggested Mathematical power. Because it just seems strange to do that & also it would way too powerful. The power doesn't actually have to relate to mathematics as it is only a battlecry. But if you wanted something mathematical then you could probably roll 6 dice & subtract the number of shields from the skulls.

I do like the idea of Finn helping others maybe mix it with a charging aspect & maybe some maths:

Quote:

MATHEMATICAL
When attacking with Finn, add one additional attack die for each of the following:

I like the power BECAUSE it's mathemathical! I like the meta aspect to it, like I totally loved it when you put an X order marker power on Proffessor X in C3G. How about if we toned it down a bit to 5 dice, for a maximum of 6 hits instead of the, admittedly a bit too much, 9 of the original?

On the other hand, I also really like your new take on MATHEMATICAL!
But how about we add one or more bullets...
Finn helps those in need and hates bullies, so how about:

Quote:

MATHEMATICAL
• If the defending figure is Engaged with at least one other friendly figure that has at least one wound marker on it.
• If the defending figure is Large or Huge and is engaged with at least one other friendly figure that is Small or Medium.

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 14th, 2015 03:39 AM

Hi Betawolf, thanks for the input.
This makes me realize that we haven't discussed exactly what we want from Finn and Jake from an army building/points cost perspective.
While I think it's important to think about how they would fit into their factions and the game in general, I think the focus should be on making them an interesting grab-and-play mini army, hopefully at an even points cost. So that a kid can say "Sure dad, I'll play Heroscape with ya! I'll just grab Finn and Jake, so why don't you build a 400 (or whatever) point army that would be fun for me to fight against!?"
From this standpoint, I don't think Finn's life and defense should be toned down too much. We want him to be able to stick around for a while... Also from this design standpoint, I think it's brilliant how we, at the moment, have a synergy power on each, that requires adjacency from the other. That's teamwork!

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 14th, 2015 04:08 AM

Here's something...
Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1996226)

Quote:

NAME = FINN
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = ENERGETIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

MATHEMATICAL!
• If the defending figure is engaged with a friendly figure that has at least one wound marker on it.
• If the defending figure is Large or Huge and is engaged with at least one other friendly figure that is Small or Medium.

SLAMACOW!

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 14th, 2015 04:12 AM

Or the boiled down, streamlined version, that gives a total maximum of plus 3 dice on the Mathemathical! power.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 (Post 1996254)
Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1996226)

Quote:

NAME = FINN
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = ENERGETIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

MATHEMATICAL!
• If the defending figure is Large or Huge.

SLAMACOW!

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 14th, 2015 04:25 AM

Just a side remark... With your modelling skills, (and my own) it wouldn't be hard to make custom models of BMO, for a great little support character, or some penguins for the Ice King... Just saying, should we end up wanting to take the Adventure a bit further...;)

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 14th, 2015 04:31 AM

Or the boiled down, streamlined version, that gives a total maximum of plus 3 dice on the Mathemathical! power.
Here with an added Mathematical! bullet, inspired by Betawolf, reflecting Finn's willingness to attack anything that looks obviously EVIL!
Also inspired by Betawolf, RIGHTEOUS sounds more heroic than ENERGETIC.
I don't have the figures yet, but I'm guessing he might end up a height 4.

Quote:

NAME = FINN
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = RIGHTEOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

MATHEMATICAL!
• If the defending figure is Large or Huge.
• If the defending figure follows the general Utgar.

SLAMACOW!

A3n January 14th, 2015 05:17 PM

I am not feeling Righteous for the personality though. He does things more for the fun of it then the right of it. Righteous isn't really him at all.

Thanx for the input @betawolf36 I understand what you are saying. The thing about it is that in the Adventure Time universe Finn has fought & defeated all manor of enemies. So if you equate that to the Valhalla universe he is at Superman level without the flying & heat vision. :D

Having said that I was thinking about this a bit more & the adding dice to his attack just seems too much unless we are targeting these just for as Deathwalker said a child to have a ready made army out of 2 figures that he can relate to then it's perfect. Although my son said he thinks we should loose the Large or Huge clause.

Plus if we intend to give Jake the Jake Suit power I came up with (& I kinda hope we do) then I think it's just too much for the meta-game.

I was thinking about other aspects of Finn & his fighting & my boy reminded me about his Cheap Moves (read as cheat moves) & I thought that could be an interesting aspect to focus on.

Quote:

CHEAP MOVES
When attacking with Finn, any skulls rolled by the defending player get added to Finn's rolled skulls up to a total of 6 skulls. Also when defending with Finn against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, any shields rolled by the attacking player are added to Finn's rolled shields up to a total of 6 shields.
When I told my boy about the power he loved it & thought it was perfect for Finn. What do you think?

Tornado January 14th, 2015 06:17 PM

Really cool power A3n.

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 14th, 2015 06:23 PM

Back to ENERGETIC it is...:)

And I don't think Finn and Jake should be just for kids, I want to have fun playing them too! What I meant was that it would be great for them to be a fun set on their own, for a low point game. A ready made team, at a 'standard game point allowance', kind of like how the C3G FF are exactly 1000 points.

I like the Jake suit, and agree that it/they shouldn't be totally overpowered when combined with Finn's abilities.

I like CHEAP MOVES, but when combined with the Jake Suit, it seems a bit redundant. Jake suit gives a bonus for an attack and defense of six dice, and cheap moves maxes out at six too. Or in other words, they're both powers that make it possible for Finn to reach a total of six skulls or shields...

When fighting an opponent with high attack and defense, the Jake Suit wouldn't make much of a difference, except making it a bit easier to max out.

If it can be made to work, I could go with this power just fine, but I could also go for a toned down Mathematical!

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 14th, 2015 06:41 PM

How about if Cheap Moves lets Finn steal skulls from the defense roll of an opponent, up to a maximum of five, no shield stealing, and the Jake Suit gives plus two defense dice and an auto hit?

Finn would have his cheap moves, but they would hit harder and be tougher in the combo form...

A3n January 14th, 2015 08:08 PM

Cheap moves actually makes both attacks more effective. For an attack the roll of the dice you have only a 50% of rolling skulls so with his normal attack of 4 he should average an attack of 2 skulls with Jake Suit it would average at 3 skulls. Cheap moves then has the ability to steal the defenders skulls so if the defender is defending with 4 dice there is an average now to add 2 skulls so his average roll would be 4 & 5 against figures with a defense of 4.

Cheap Moves is adding more a little more chance of maxing out each attack.

A3n January 14th, 2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 (Post 1996414)
How about if Cheap Moves lets Finn steal skulls from the defense roll of an opponent, up to a maximum of five, no shield stealing, and the Jake Suit gives plus two defense dice and an auto hit?

Finn would have his cheap moves, but they would hit harder and be tougher in the combo form...

That would work also. Another way of changing Cheap Moves was to limit the amount added instead of the total.

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 15th, 2015 03:21 AM

I think you have me conviced about the synergy effect between the two... :D So Finn might look a bit like this...

Quote:

NAME = FINN
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = ENERGETIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

CHEAP MOVES
When attacking with Finn, any skulls rolled by the defending player get added to Finn's rolled skulls up to a total of 6 skulls. Also when defending with Finn against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, any shields rolled by the attacking player are added to Finn's rolled shields up to a total of 6 shields.

SLAMACOW!
So on his own Finn could end up with six skulls or shields, but in the Jake Suit he would have a better chance...

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 15th, 2015 03:30 AM

P.s. The toned down MATHEMATICAL! power, with five dice would max out at six skulls too... ;)

Dysole January 15th, 2015 03:35 AM

Hmmm

If the intention is to be synergistic with Classic Scape, then you may want to make sure that both versions of dice can be used. Even if not, I think this might be a cleaner version of what you want.

CHEAP MOVES
When attacking with Finn, add any skulls rolled by the defending player to whatever is rolled up to a total of 6 skulls. When defending with Finn against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, any shields rolled by the attacking player are added to whatever is rolled up to a total of 6 shields.

This uses the version similar to what Sharwin Wildborn uses for Shocking Grasp.

I'm not certain of a way to make it usable for the red and blue dice, but there might be a way to make it work.

~Dysole, helping out

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 15th, 2015 04:25 AM

Re: Hmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysole (Post 1996508)
If the intention is to be synergistic with Classic Scape, then you may want to make sure that both versions of dice can be used. Even if not, I think this might be a cleaner version of what you want.

CHEAP MOVES
When attacking with Finn, add any skulls rolled by the defending player to your attack roll up to a total of 6 skulls. When defending with Finn against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, any shields rolled by the attacking player are added to your defense roll up to a total of 6 shields.

This uses the version similar to what Sharwin Wildborn uses for Shocking Grasp.

I'm not certain of a way to make it usable for the red and blue dice, but there might be a way to make it work.

~Dysole, helping out

Thanks for the input! Slightly rewritten to make it clearer WHAT the skulls and shields are added to. Or another version...

Quote:

CHEAP MOVES
When attacking with Finn, add any skulls rolled in the defense roll to your attack roll up to a total of 6 skulls. When defending with Finn against a normal attack from an adjacent figure,add any shields rolled in the attack roll to your defense roll up to a total of 6 shields.

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 15th, 2015 08:01 AM

Could we have Mathematical! as Finn's personality? Or would that be silly? If so, Jake could be Algebraic!

Just thinking that Mathematical and Algebraic means more or less the same as Awesome, Radical or Cool or whatever in AT speak...

A3n January 15th, 2015 04:58 PM

Yes but Awesome, Radical or Cool are not personalities either. ;)

So are we happy with this:

Quote:

NAME = FINN
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = ENERGETIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

CHEAP MOVES
When attacking with Finn, add any skulls rolled by the defending player to your attack roll up to a total of 6 skulls. When defending with Finn against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, any shields rolled by the attacking player are added to your defense roll up to a total of 6 shields.

SLAMACOW!

SilverFox January 15th, 2015 06:32 PM

First, awesome job guys!

As for comments....

Quote:

Range 1. Attack 3
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Finn, you may move Finn up to 5 spaces in a straight line. At each space that Finn moves to that is adjacent to an opponent's figure roll 3 attack dice. Defending figures do not roll for defense until Finn has completed his move. After Finn has finished moving, defending figures roll defense dice separately against the single highest attack roll you rolled during Finn's movement. When moving with this Special Attack, Finn will not take leaving engagement attacks.

I really liked this power, though I'm not sure what happened to it in the discussion. If you wanted a third power, this one could be reworded. (And Cheap Moves would have to say something like "When Finn makes a normal attack, add....")

If it was me, I'd do something like:
Quote:

Algebraic! Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 3.
When using Algebraic! Special Attack, Finn may not move normally. Instead, move Finn up to 5 spaces in a straight line. After Finn has finished moving, roll 3 attack dice separately for each opponent's figure which is adjacent to a space Finn moved through. Defending figures roll defense separately. When moving with Algebraic! Special Attack, Finn is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Marro_Warlord January 15th, 2015 10:31 PM

What if there was a glyph. A card wars glyph?

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 16th, 2015 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1996635)

Yes, we are happy! :D

Yeah, I knew it was a bit silly, but you know, for thematic reasons I thought it would have been fun...

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 16th, 2015 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord (Post 1996739)
What if there was a glyph. A card wars glyph?

I think there's great potential in glyphs... ;) card wars could be one of them... But we have no set plans for how far we want to take the AT project...

A3n January 16th, 2015 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 (Post 1996763)
Quote:

Originally Posted by A3n (Post 1996635)

Yes, we are happy! :D

Yeah, I knew it was a bit silly, but you know, for thematic reasons I thought it would have been fun...

There's always special edition rare cards that can easily be made ;).

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 16th, 2015 03:22 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 16th, 2015 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverFox (Post 1996671)
First, awesome job guys!

I really liked this power, though I'm not sure what happened to it in the discussion. If you wanted a third power, this one could be reworded. (And Cheap Moves would have to say something like "When Finn makes a normal attack, add....")

If it was me, I'd do something like:
Quote:

Algebraic! Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 3.
When using Algebraic! Special Attack, Finn may not move normally. Instead, move Finn up to 5 spaces in a straight line. After Finn has finished moving, roll 3 attack dice separately for each opponent's figure which is adjacent to a space Finn moved through. Defending figures roll defense separately. When moving with Algebraic! Special Attack, Finn is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Thanks Silverfox!

I like the power too, but I also thought it might go a little something like this on the board... You spend a turn to move to set up a good charge lane for next turn. Your opponent spends a turn moving his troops away from your charge lane. You go hmm!?
But if A3n is up for it, I certainly wouldn't mind having it as a third power on Finn. But would it have to be a straight line? Couldn't he just move 5 spaces, zooming in and out around his enemies? So using the power as is, but loosing the straight line requirement?

Or we could just mix it in as is. As long as it's not his only attack move I'd be fine with the straight line thing too.

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 16th, 2015 03:34 AM

It never hurts to see how it would look... :)

(Moved Slamacow up the list for better power timing flow)

Quote:

NAME = FINN
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = ENERGETIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SLAMACOW!

CHEAP MOVES

MATHEMATICAL! SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Finn, you may move Finn up to 5 spaces (in a straight line). At each space that Finn moves to that is adjacent to an opponent's figure roll 3 attack dice. Defending figures do not roll for defense until Finn has completed his move. After Finn has finished moving, defending figures roll defense dice separately against the single highest attack roll you rolled during Finn's movement. When moving with this Special Attack, Finn will not take leaving engagement attacks.

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 16th, 2015 03:38 AM

If you think it's too much, both in powers and text, I think we should stick with the Slamacow/cheap moves version.

SilverFox January 16th, 2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 (Post 1996768)
I like the power too, but I also thought it might go a little something like this on the board... You spend a turn to move to set up a good charge lane for next turn. Your opponent spends a turn moving his troops away from your charge lane. You go hmm!?
But if A3n is up for it, I certainly wouldn't mind having it as a third power on Finn. But would it have to be a straight line? Couldn't he just move 5 spaces, zooming in and out around his enemies? So using the power as is, but loosing the straight line requirement?

Or we could just mix it in as is. As long as it's not his only attack move I'd be fine with the straight line thing too.

I see what you're saying. Removing the requirement to go in a straight line would definitely make the power more useful. I think I like it better that way (no straight line).

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 18th, 2015 11:51 AM

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/x.../imagejpg1.jpg

I've been working on another kind of Adventure Time custom this weekend... ;) it's a BMO costume for my five year old daughter, Emma.

A3n January 18th, 2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 (Post 1996770)
If you think it's too much, both in powers and text, I think we should stick with the Slamacow/cheap moves version.

This. ;)

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 19th, 2015 02:19 AM

Check!

DEATHWALKER 1970 January 19th, 2015 08:02 AM

You're the veteran of this custom design game, so you probably got a good idea wether we should playtest Finn now, alone, or wait till we have a take on Jake...

A3n January 19th, 2015 08:40 PM

Now would be a good point to do some playtests with Finn. Just to make sure he feels how we expect him to & to get an idea of cost.

We can also start on Jake's design now (not this moment for me as I am at work ;)) then when happy do some tests with him alone then together.

Are there any other Adventurers in classic scape? If so Jake will also need to be tested with them.