Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New England Heroscape Events - CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=56426)

itsbuzzi December 16th, 2019 09:43 AM

New England Heroscape Events - CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

New England Heroscape Bi-Monthly Events

Calling all New England Heroscape players! Beginning in January 2020, we will be hosting bi-monthly (every other month) tournaments. We will use this thread to announce upcoming tournaments, as well as track results from previous events. Feel free to subscribe to this thread as all news will be posted here.

The organizers thus far are Chris Perkins & itsbuzzi. If you would like to host an event please let either Chris Perkins or itsbuzzi know and we can add you to our roster.

We have gotten positive feedback from the past several informal 'quarterly' events that we have held separately, and are excited about combining our efforts and the possibility of making tournaments in New England a regular occurrence again.

Next Event

Next Event CANCELLED until further notice due to Covid-19. We will do our best to re-schedule after the pandemic has passed and will update here with any new news. Stay safe everybody

See Chris' post below for next event

Formatting for Events
Spoiler Alert!

Past Events:
Spoiler Alert!

Mentions

Chris Perkins December 16th, 2019 09:46 AM

Re: New England Heroscape Events

CANCELLED: Next Event

CANCELLED: Date: To be Re-Scheduled After Covid-19 Closures End

Format: Uniques Only Bring an army of up to 600 points and 20 figures. Your army may only consist of Unique and Uncommon army cards.

Rules: NO Marvel, C3V/SoV Allowed. This is a Swiss System tournament. Partial card scoring will be used.

Entry: $10; Prize info coming soon

What to bring: Figures, cards, dice, wound markers, OM's, any and all other markers or things you will need for your army. If something else is required but forgotten some spare sets of items shall be brought.

Maps: If you are able to bring a map, feel free to do so - just post on this thread to claim that map that you plan to bring and bring it with you day-of.

1: The Swamps of Oighir Scath
2: Bad Moon Rising
3: Ticalla Sunrise
4: Withering Pines
5: Rocky Mounds
6: The Scroll of Uncharted Jungle

Glyph Pool:
Power Glyphs:
Wannok (Wound)
Valda (Move +2)
Lodin (D20 +1)
Dagmar (Initiative +8 )
Ulaniva (Unique Attack +1)
Kelda (Healing)
Treasure Glyphs:
Heroic Rune (+1 Normal Attack)
Talisman of Defense (+1 Defense)
Potion of Healing (Remove 3 Wounds, Temporary)
Ring of Protection (+3 Defense, Temporary)
Brooch of Shielding (Disengage)
Belt of Giant Strength (+2 Attack, Temporary)
Oceanstrider Amulet (Slither)

Chris Perkins December 16th, 2019 10:02 AM

I'm excited about making these tournaments a regular occurrence and looking forward to being a part of organizing them.

We're going to do our best to make these events happen on the last Saturday of every other month to establish some consistency, meaning that right now we're aiming for March 28th to be the 2nd event, but that isn't set in stone yet. We'll have each event's date / location finalized by the time of the event before it.

For now, I'm looking forward to Itsbuzzi's event and hoping to see lots of y'all there.

Additional Mentions:

Joseph Sweeney December 16th, 2019 05:02 PM

I’ll see what I can do. Definitely couldn’t come monthly but perhaps biannually or something. Thanks for the mention!

~JS

itsbuzzi December 17th, 2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney (Post 2339020)
Iíll see what I can do. Definitely couldnít come monthly but perhaps biannually or something. Thanks for the mention!

~JS

Hey there, glad to hear from you and no problem at all! We aren't looking for a bimonthly commitment from everyone to show up every time. Just know that whenever you would like to come down we will be here ready to play.

nova December 30th, 2019 10:22 PM

How have the new england events been going, will you guys be able to keep doing them? Ive wanted to go to a few this year but havent been able to. Its looking like im going to be able to start going to stuff now, for these bi monthly events will they always be at the same location? Im prob gonna skip this one cause im not really a fan of reverse the whip but this venue is an hour and a half from me which is doable. I live in new hampshire btw

Chris Perkins December 31st, 2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nova (Post 2340729)
How have the new england events been going, will you guys be able to keep doing them? Ive wanted to go to a few this year but havent been able to. Its looking like im going to be able to start going to stuff now, for these bi monthly events will they always be at the same location? Im prob gonna skip this one cause im not really a fan of reverse the whip but this venue is an hour and a half from me which is doable. I live in new hampshire btw

We certainly plan on continuing to run them, hence this thread :)

For the two I hosted last year, I had 16 & 8 attendees, respectively.

The location for these is going to rotate. Itsbuzzi will be hosting them further south (near Providence), like the January event, and I will be hosting them within a ~ 10 mile radius of Framingham, MA (I'm going to try and get close to the intersection of I-90 & I-495 when I can since I think that's easier for people travelling from further away).

itsbuzzi January 2nd, 2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nova (Post 2340729)

Hey, haven't been on in a few days, new years and all that. We do plan on having these events bi monthly and will try to keep them to the 3rd Saturday of the month as well.

My area is fairly devoid of game stores so the location for this next event will most likely be the meetup place for when I run events. Chris and I will rotate so the next event will be hosted by him and thus will be a bit closer to you. We will also be rotating formats, I just so happen to pick this one out of a list and I myself and not as fond of it either as I can't seem to create an army I like for it!

Hope to see you at the next one!

nova January 2nd, 2020 10:32 AM

Dope, thanks guys. cant wait to finally play this game in tournament

Cleon January 13th, 2020 03:23 AM

Put me and my dad down as maybes :up:

Curry_Noodles January 13th, 2020 08:43 AM

More than likely will be attending! I'll be sure to follow up this week. So is it just one 520pt team?

Chris Perkins January 13th, 2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles (Post 2342104)
So is it just one 520pt team?

Yes - you just bring one 520 point army.

Curry_Noodles January 13th, 2020 04:11 PM

heck yea thanks Chris_Perkins

itsbuzzi January 15th, 2020 11:07 AM

Hey all sorry I was on vacation. Glad to see some more movement. The event will be next weekend hope to see you all there!

Curry_Noodles January 15th, 2020 12:50 PM

Another question: I notice it says "up to 520 points", so does this mean you do not have to spend 520 points building a team or you MUST spend all 520 points?

Chris Perkins January 15th, 2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles (Post 2342418)
Another question: I notice it says "up to 520 points", so does this mean you do not have to spend 520 points building a team or you MUST spend all 520 points?

Your army can have less than 520 points (for example, a 470 point army is perfectly fine).

"Up to" -> less than or equal to

itsbuzzi January 16th, 2020 08:55 AM

Sorry about the confusion there Curry, but yes, you can bring any amount of points being less than or equal to 520. Bring just 1 figure, you're bound to win half the time when your opponent has to play your army lol.

Curry_Noodles January 19th, 2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsbuzzi (Post 2342507)
Bring just 1 figure, you're bound to win half the time when your opponent has to play your army lol.

Thatís a heady play 🤣🤣🤣 inb4 dund solo army

itsbuzzi January 20th, 2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles (Post 2342953)
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsbuzzi (Post 2342507)
Bring just 1 figure, you're bound to win half the time when your opponent has to play your army lol.

Thatís a heady play 🤣🤣🤣 inb4 dund solo army

I honestly thought about it but not with dund!! Imagine actually winning because your d20 was fire.

Curry_Noodles January 20th, 2020 09:42 AM

immediately after the tourney I'd think it would only make sense to play the lotto. If Dund can do it so can you ������. But seriously imagine getting solo'd by Dund cuz he just kept removing your order markers

itsbuzzi January 20th, 2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles (Post 2343096)
immediately after the tourney I'd think it would only make sense to play the lotto. If Dund can do it so can you ������. But seriously imagine getting solo'd by Dund cuz he just kept removing your order markers

My luck would never be that good, but if that happened to me I think I'd honestly quit lol.

Cleon January 24th, 2020 02:59 PM

My dad and I will be there. Excited to play in person again, and to meet you dudes. :)

So I guess we could do a 5 man round robin, if itís just us 5?

Chris Perkins January 24th, 2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleon (Post 2344037)
My dad and I will be there. Excited to play in person again, and to meet you dudes. :)

So I guess we could do a 5 man round robin, if itís just us 5?

Awesome, glad you'll be able to make it.

I'd be fine with a 4 person round robin if we have exactly 5 players, I'd certainly like to get the full 4 games in.

If we happen to get a few more (like 8?) we could do something like 2 divisions, where each is a round robin and then the last round pairs matching records from different divisions.

itsbuzzi January 25th, 2020 11:29 AM

Hey glad you can make it cleon. Starting soon get ready all!

Cleon January 25th, 2020 12:30 PM

Cool, weíre here now. In the front.

Drewman-chu January 26th, 2020 01:52 PM

Just saw this thread will try to make it to the next one.

itsbuzzi January 26th, 2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewman-chu (Post 2344374)
Just saw this thread will try to make it to the next one.

No problem. Details for the next one are pending but I believe Chris was planning for March 28th, location TBD, and 600 uniques only. Check the 2nd post for more details when they become available. Hope to see you there!

Cleon January 26th, 2020 04:44 PM

Fun tournament guys! Nice meeting and playing each of you.

Chris Perkins January 26th, 2020 04:53 PM

Our next event will be March 28th at 1 pm.

The format is Uniques Only, 600 points. The 2nd post on this thread contains the full event details, such as maps & glyphs.

I am still working to finalize the exact location, but it will be nearby to Framingham, MA. I'll post the location once I have it confirmed.

Cleon January 31st, 2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Perkins (Post 2344397)
Our next event will be March 28th at 1 pm.

The format is Uniques Only, 600 points. The 2nd post on this thread contains the full event details, such as maps & glyphs.

I am still working to finalize the exact location, but it will be nearby to Framingham, MA. I'll post the location once I have it confirmed.

Cool.

It was sweet to see @Darkmage7a show up out of nowhere. hopefully heíll see this post.

itsbuzzi February 14th, 2020 12:05 PM

Haven't thought of any ideas for my army yet, and I may have a +1. Chris, 3 of your maps include treasure glyphs totaling 7 glyphs. You can take the treasure glyph pool and traps from the event formatting spoiler if you want to include those but it seems you would need multiple of each treasure glyph for that to work. Let me know if you want me to bring spares.

Any updates on location and prizes? I can also bring a map or more if it would be convenient for you.

Chris Perkins February 17th, 2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsbuzzi (Post 2349478)
Haven't thought of any ideas for my army yet, and I may have a +1. Chris, 3 of your maps include treasure glyphs totaling 7 glyphs. You can take the treasure glyph pool and traps from the event formatting spoiler if you want to include those but it seems you would need multiple of each treasure glyph for that to work. Let me know if you want me to bring spares.

Any updates on location and prizes? I can also bring a map or more if it would be convenient for you.

Sorry, I was out of town all weekend and couldn't get to this until today.

Feel free to bring a map, just post here saying which one you'll bring.

I hope to have the location finalized later this week, apologies on the delay there. I'll get it updated as soon as I can.

I'll post the treasure glyph clarification later tonight as well.

Chris Perkins February 17th, 2020 08:02 PM

OP has been updated with the treasure glyphs. Thanks @itsbuzzi for catching that.

Treasure Glyphs:
Heroic Rune (+1 Normal Attack)
Talisman of Defense (+1 Defense)
Potion of Healing (Remove 3 Wounds, Temporary)
Ring of Protection (+3 Defense, Temporary)
Brooch of Shielding (Disengage)
Belt of Giant Strength (+2 Attack, Temporary)
Oceanstrider Amulet (Slither)

Chris Perkins February 25th, 2020 03:37 PM

Important update for our next event: it has been moved back one weekend to April 4th.

Apologies for the change and the delayed announcement. I had been trying to find a good location for the last weekend of March, but I wasn't able to find a good spot to host and so I am moving the weekend back to secure a good spot.

The location is now final as well - the Whiz Game Store in Westborough, MA. I held my last event at this store and it's a good space for 'Scape.

Final Date/Location Details Below (also updated in the OP):

Date: Saturday, April 4th, 2020
Location: The Whiz Game Store, 122 Turnpike Rd, Westborough MA 01581

itsbuzzi March 15th, 2020 12:38 PM

Hey Chris, so my +1 is confirmed and I have made some good armies. I have 2 spare I can bring if anyone wants to play one. PM if you'd like to borrow one.

Chris Perkins March 23rd, 2020 04:00 PM

Unfortunately, I have to cancel our April 4th event.

Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, earlier today Massachusetts's governor ordered all non-essential businesses to close, which includes game stores, meaning even if we had the numbers to play the event we no longer have a possible location.

Our (itsbuzzi & myself) intent was to host tournaments every other month this year, but Covid-19 has thrown a wrench into those plans. As of this point, it is unclear when we will be able to host the next event; once we have more clarity on when closings will end and when social distancing protocols might change, I will re-schedule this tournament and (hopefully) we can resume our every-other-month schedule from that point onward. My current plan is to keep this format (600 pt uniques only) for that next tournament, whenever it is.

Once we have said clarity, I will post an update on this thread regarding re-scheduling the tournament.

Stay safe all!

- Chris

Cleon April 2nd, 2020 02:50 AM

Re: New England Heroscape Events - CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NO

No worries Chris. I assume pretty much anything going on right now is either cancelled or postponed. It's pretty crazy.

Stay safe. :)

Curry_Noodles October 2nd, 2020 04:34 PM

Hey Guys!

Hope everyone is doing well! Have had a heroscape itch I've been unable to scratch lately and just checking in to see how everyone's doing!

Chris Perkins October 2nd, 2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles (Post 2421770)
Hey Guys!

Hope everyone is doing well! Have had a heroscape itch I've been unable to scratch lately and just checking in to see how everyone's doing!

Hey - hope things are going well with you.

Unfortunately, we are still fairly limited by MA travel restrictions with regards to RI, which kinda make it impossible for Itsbuzzi & myself to co-host any events. (MA has RI on it's list of states from which MA residents are supposed to quarantine for 2 weeks after any non-transitory time spent).

Beyond that, the game store I hosted the last event at has closed down, so I don't really have a venue I could use either.

If you know of any possible venues, finding one would be a starting point to getting back. But then we'd still have to contend with the travel restrictions.

itsbuzzi October 5th, 2020 08:29 AM

Hey all,

The game stores I used in past events are all limited to no events. Something about card/board games where you can't really social distance. The stores themselves either closed for walk ins or removed all tables and are retail only.

From what my information tells me Providence College is the reasoning for RI to be reinstated on the travel ban list. Me being in RI I've followed the travel ban, to an extent. Seekonk/Attleboro are the closest shopping centers to me so I go there but I'm right on the line so I think it's alright. I don't go any further than that and I know you guys are up there so that's the impossibility.

We could do something in either RI or MA, but not both. That would cut our numbers in half so I don't think that would be realistic. Curry, have you checked out online events? Could relieve the itch you've been having. For me, I've had my armies picked out for some time but recently moved so my time has otherwise been occupied. Hope all is well with all of you!

Cleon October 28th, 2020 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Perkins (Post 2421771)
Quote:

Hey Guys!

Unfortunately, we are still fairly limited by MA travel restrictions with regards to RI, which kinda make it impossible for Itsbuzzi & myself to co-host any events. (MA has RI on it's list of states from which MA residents are supposed to quarantine for 2 weeks after any non-transitory time spent).

Beyond that, the game store I hosted the last event at has closed down, so I don't really have a venue I could use either.

If you know of any possible venues, finding one would be a starting point to getting back. But then we'd still have to contend with the travel restrictions.

That sucks, that place was a really sick store.

Honestly I’m thinking about potentially hosting tournaments in my new apartment. I have the room for it, I’d have to buy another table and a couple more chairs but with my dining room and kitchen I could host an 8 person tournament, maybe even 10. I would provide all the maps, you guys would just need to bring your armies and dice and stuff. If we got it really going smoothly I could probably do it monthly. And I’m down for both classic and VC.

(I’m in Western MA, and my place is in a nice and quiet neighborhood just an fyi 8))

Really the only thing preventing it or could prevent it is, obviously, Covid. I don’t have it but I wouldn’t want someone to bring it or everyone just being uncomfortable being in the same two rooms as one another. Maybe we’d have to wait a bit for the travel restrictions to lessen? I don’t know, I don’t leave the state haha so I don’t pay attention :p . Also I’d like to know who’s coming to my place at least decently haha, I’ve met Chris, Buzzy, and Curry Noodles - you guys are all chill and cool with me :up: - but I just am wary about giving my address to someone I’ve never met. There’s a lot of past NE scapers I’ve played with over the years, so if any of them want to I’d be totally fine with it. But if it’s someone I don’t know then I’d have to think about it...if you guys know them and know they’re cool then that’s most likely good enough for me.

So yeah, food for thought! Covid sucks, but it would be a dream to host scape tournaments at my new place with you guys! Whether we could manage it during this pandemic, or down the road post-Covid.

itsbuzzi October 28th, 2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleon (Post 2426187)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Perkins (Post 2421771)
Quote:

Hey Guys!

That sucks, that place was a really sick store.

Honestly Iím thinking about potentially hosting tournaments in my new apartment. I have the room for it, Iíd have to buy another table and a couple more chairs but with my dining room and kitchen I could host an 8 person tournament, maybe even 10. I would provide all the maps, you guys would just need to bring your armies and dice and stuff. If we got it really going smoothly I could probably do it monthly. And Iím down for both classic and VC.

(Iím in Western MA, and my place is in a nice and quiet neighborhood just an fyi 8))

Really the only thing preventing it or could prevent it is, obviously, Covid. I donít have it but I wouldnít want someone to bring it or everyone just being uncomfortable being in the same two rooms as one another. Maybe weíd have to wait a bit for the travel restrictions to lessen? I donít know, I donít leave the state haha so I donít pay attention :p . Also Iíd like to know whoís coming to my place at least decently haha, Iíve met Chris, Buzzy, and Curry Noodles - you guys are all chill and cool with me :up: - but I just am wary about giving my address to someone Iíve never met. Thereís a lot of past NE scapers Iíve played with over the years, so if any of them want to Iíd be totally fine with it. But if itís someone I donít know then Iíd have to think about it...if you guys know them and know theyíre cool then thatís most likely good enough for me.

So yeah, food for thought! Covid sucks, but it would be a dream to host scape tournaments at my new place with you guys! Whether we could manage it during this pandemic, or down the road post-Covid.

I hope Chris meant the store itself closed temporarily because it was a cool store while I was there I bought some cards from them haha.

This sounds amazing I'd love to play at some point. All my stuff is still boxed up because of my recent move so this would be ideal for me, but covid so....

I completely understand your stance on having other people over and the travel restrictions and honestly I'd be OK with the event at any time as long as enough people were going and I would totally stop by and play. I have like 3 or 4 foldable tables so I could bring one for you if that helps you out.

Cleon October 29th, 2020 11:16 PM

Sweet. Yeah even if we just have 4 people total, that’s enough for a round robin. My cousin said he’d probably play, and I could get my dad. But it would be awesome if we got like 6-10 (I don’t think I could hold more than 10). Right now I could do 3 maps but I’ll probably buy another table soon so it would up it to 5.

But with Covid I don’t know exactly what precautions we should take, or maybe we’ll have to wait a bit. Whether it’s very soon or down the road, I’m totally down to host them.

itsbuzzi October 30th, 2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleon (Post 2426444)
Sweet. Yeah even if we just have 4 people total, thatís enough for a round robin. My cousin said heíd probably play, and I could get my dad. But it would be awesome if we got like 6-10 (I donít think I could hold more than 10). Right now I could do 3 maps but Iíll probably buy another table soon so it would up it to 5.

But with Covid I donít know exactly what precautions we should take, or maybe weíll have to wait a bit. Whether itís very soon or down the road, Iím totally down to host them.

I know with the RI restrictions quarantine wasn't required for traveling to MA and only hot states (FL I think) but they are talking about increasing restrictions whereas any out of state travel would trigger a 2 week quarantine. We may need to wait a bit because of this.

Whenever this is done I might be able to bring some people up with me but honestly even a round robin is fine. In the years I first started it was just 4 people total trying to get the word out. No one would show up if no one is playing. It was still very fun with 4 so it's doable. I could bring maps or tables or anything really.

Cleon November 1st, 2020 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsbuzzi (Post 2426508)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleon (Post 2426444)
Sweet. Yeah even if we just have 4 people total, thatís enough for a round robin. My cousin said heíd probably play, and I could get my dad. But it would be awesome if we got like 6-10 (I donít think I could hold more than 10). Right now I could do 3 maps but Iíll probably buy another table soon so it would up it to 5.

But with Covid I donít know exactly what precautions we should take, or maybe weíll have to wait a bit. Whether itís very soon or down the road, Iím totally down to host them.

I know with the RI restrictions quarantine wasn't required for traveling to MA and only hot states (FL I think) but they are talking about increasing restrictions whereas any out of state travel would trigger a 2 week quarantine. We may need to wait a bit because of this.

Whenever this is done I might be able to bring some people up with me but honestly even a round robin is fine. In the years I first started it was just 4 people total trying to get the word out. No one would show up if no one is playing. It was still very fun with 4 so it's doable. I could bring maps or tables or anything really.

I just bought another table and some stools today (stools work great on my countertop setup, 1 map fits nicely there), and will probably grab another 2-4 chairs soon. No need to bring maps, I can easily provide those I have a lot of terrain so setting up 3-5 maps is very doable (I guess they just canít all be the same terrain expansion if itís 4 or 5). I just need players! And if you guys just brought your armies and dice/markers, thatíd be great. Weíd play in my kitchen and dining room, should be enough room.

But if thereís travel restrictions we obviously have to wait for those to die down. Otherwise besides covid, Iím pretty much set to go :up:

Chris Perkins November 1st, 2020 12:12 PM

@Cleon thanks for taking initiative on this and solving our logistical issues.

I'm very much interested in participating in this, but likely can't until early 2021 (2-3 months from now) with my current family situation regarding Covid. But I think I would be able to start participating ~ February 2021. Not sure if you want to try to pull something together sooner than that or not, but I'll likely know exactly when I can participate by early January 2021.

itsbuzzi November 1st, 2020 01:58 PM

Good timing Chris I was just in the middle of posting this reply. I was thinking this event would happen in the nearish future (within a year)

What I'm seeing is we await lesser restrictions before hosting this event so wait a couple months, maybe less we don't really know. This event occurs a short time (a few months perhaps) before all restrictions are lifted (this is assuming the virus levels stay linear in a downward fashion by this point) then we get back to hosting events at locations to try to bring in outside people.

I like this idea as a sort of warm up to get things back going again and I'd love to play with some people. Noted you don't need anything but people but in the off chance you might need anything at all I have plenty of things.

This is exciting.

Crow January 14th, 2021 04:09 PM

I know of a game store in RI that would probably allow us to play there once things level out a bit. The stores called Game On. I haven't asked them because currently tournament play in RI along with most other places in not possible.

Looking forward to playing regardless of where its held in the nearish future.

Cheers,
Crow