Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

IAmBatman August 29th, 2019 06:38 PM

Re: The Book of Draftable Vehicle Rules - Final Editing

Looked it up in the Index and player was lowercase in all the examples I saw. Army was as well, except in Nick Fury's drop team power for some reason. :shrug:

Anyway, when I get to the edit here, I'll go lowercase on both of those. Good call, johnny.

IAmBatman August 29th, 2019 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 2309992)
Okay, looking it over again with your comments, I'd just suggest two specifics:

- In OCCUPYING VEHICLES, before introducing a space for the driver, just have a short paragraph stating something like this: "All VDOs have spaces marked on their card, that represent the interior of the vehicle. Units can occupy and move between those spaces the same as if they were on a battlefield. These spaces have no terrain type or height."

- Same at the bottom under DESTROYING VEHICLES. Instead of "on top," go with something like "occupying spaces on top of the VDO." I'm not sure what the specifics wording is in our DO rules, if the top of a DO counts as a "space" or whatever, but I think it ought to be spelled out specifically.

Still think the clear sight thing is going to cause issues (particularly if we ever have assymetrical vehicles and all that, stuff with a vague definition of "windows" and all that). Intuitive is nice until intuition fails, and I don't think "I know it when I see it" is necessarily a good foundation to build on. But I'll trust the team on it.

For the first part, they ARE on a battlefield. They're still considered to be on the main battlefield.

I think the spaces do have a terrain type - vehicle spaces. I think they have whatever the height of the space underneath is. I don't think either of these things has an actual mechanical effect on the passengers, though, so I'd rather not add the extra text unless there's a real reason to.

I did my best to clarify the difference between on top of the VDO's sculpt vs. occupying it (i.e. on its card).

The windows will be pictured on the card with greened out areas. We don't have 3 dimensional hitzones for any figures, yet we've managed to discern between hitzones and non-hitzones so far on 877 of them.

Edit: SP updated. Hoping that one's the winner.

quozl August 30th, 2019 10:30 AM

I thought we were getting rid of interior spaces until needed.

IAmBatman August 30th, 2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2310319)
I thought we were getting rid of interior spaces until needed.

Not sure what this is in reference to. We're still planning on spaces on the Army Cards. Otherwise where are the figures?

quozl August 30th, 2019 10:36 AM

I thought we had decided on having just 1 space on the Army Card: the driver space. All other figures just go anywhere on the card.

IAmBatman August 30th, 2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2310324)
I thought we had decided on having just 1 space on the Army Card: the driver space. All other figures just go anywhere on the card.

When? I think I saw one person float it as an idea during the Final Editing phase. I don't think I saw any consensus or even agreement with the idea.

quozl August 30th, 2019 10:45 AM

Page 62 was the most recent discussion.

IAmBatman August 30th, 2019 10:47 AM

I misunderstood "interior spaces" to mean a separate map rather than spaces on the card.

quozl August 30th, 2019 10:53 AM

Pages 38 & 39 have the original discussion.

IAmBatman August 30th, 2019 11:07 AM

Re: Draftable Vehicles - Waiting for new Initial Test

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2266600)
Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2266595)
What if we just put the steering wheel on the card and had you place the driver there and then not worry about where all the passengers are? They're just all considered adjacent to the driver and each other. That way we're just adding a symbol to the card instead of a bunch of hexes.

I like that idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Orang (Post 2266596)
We could also try doing internal maps as separate from the card itself.

That would be the other direction I'd support, though it's definitely higher maintenance. Still, two cards per vehicle wouldn't be terrible, and would let us do things very clearly.

OK, I can roll with the former for lower occupancy vehicles like the Sports Car or even the Mole Machine and save the latter here for things like the TARDIS that should have expansive interiors.

What changes are needed to the rules text to go with this?

quozl August 30th, 2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 2309866)
Quote:

When a figure first enters a VDO, the Player controlling that figure should either place the figure on any unoccupied space within one space of a designated entrance/exit area or, if no such area is designated, they may place the figure on any unoccupied space in the VDO.
Quote:

When a figure first enters a VDO, the Player controlling that figure should either place the figure on any the driver space if it is unoccupied or anywhere else on the VDO card space within one space of a designated entrance/exit area or, if no such area is designated, they may place the figure on any unoccupied space in the VDO.

Here you go.

IAmBatman August 30th, 2019 12:12 PM

Made a few clarifying changes beyond that. SP is updated with the idea of there being a specific driver space and all passengers just being on the card. That does seem cleanest.