Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of C3G Destructible Object Rules (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=55039)

IAmBatman September 25th, 2018 04:10 PM

Re: Draftable Vehicles Discussion Thread (Public Testing)

Looks good to me. :up: Hoping to rerun my civilian test tonight.

IAmBatman September 25th, 2018 09:52 PM

Squads are no longer a concern. This totally nerfs them, in a good way. At least slow moving, melee squads like the Civilians. I suppose someone ought to still test the SHIELD Agents or someone like that.

I editing my test post to include my third test and attached my results to the OP.

Ronin September 25th, 2018 10:10 PM

Awesome. Thanks, Bats. :up:

Squads in cars were the big thing I wanted to hit in public testing. Glad to have that sorted out first-thing.

IAmBatman September 25th, 2018 10:25 PM

They should still have decent efficiency with ranged squads, but as long as there's a mult-attack hero ready to take out a bunch of squads that are in position, giving up your full move is a lot.

Yodaking September 25th, 2018 10:41 PM

Would you ever have the Hired Guns jump into a van and ride across the board or up to the top of a hill, then jump out and attack?

IAmBatman September 26th, 2018 07:42 AM

Maybe. Depends on how far away you want to get them. They have to spend a turn piling into the car, which means they will probably leave some initial movement spaces on the table to do so. On a large enough map, though? Sure.

Scapemage September 26th, 2018 11:29 AM

1-2 in the new tests, but within a fair margin each time. The Civilians weren't as strong as I thought they might be, especially after the squad balancing. I think it's looking good so far. 150 seems fair thought we may need lots of tests on this one to iron out rules kinks.

IAmBatman September 26th, 2018 12:38 PM

I'd like to see a test done with a ranged squad by one of the remaining testers, hopefully, but otherwise I'd say it's pretty close. If anything, 150 feels a tad high right now (discounting that first Civvie test where they were unrestricted).

IAmBatman October 13th, 2018 05:44 PM

Just need one more tester, I think, and we could move this forward. :-) Once these two existing VDOs are costed, I'll have a long enough runway to do the Batmobile.

Ronin October 16th, 2018 03:53 PM

Tests from LordVenoc:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordVenoc
Here is the test. I really want to like this, but sadly didn't. If anything here seems off from what you were going for with this, let me know and I can retest. Let me know if there are any questions.

Spoiler Alert!

IAmBatman October 16th, 2018 08:15 PM

Well that's definitely a bummer. What are your thoughts here, Ronin?

Ronin October 17th, 2018 04:18 PM

I've been mulling it over and I'm kind of mixed. On the one hand, I don't think he was optimally playing the car. On the other hand, 'difficult to play optimally' isn't exactly a feature.

I do feel like some of his complaints are a little contradictory, though, and sort of cancel each other out. It's a bit unfair to say that it's inconvenient to use and also that you have to babysit the thing to keep the opponent from stealing it - why do they want it and why do you want to protect it, if it's such a pain?

I do think a small point drop might not be a bad idea. I'd really like another test from an Ally to get more perspective from someone who wasn't part of the development here.