Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Competitive Armies Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   The best 525 point army (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=24231)

quozl April 2nd, 2009 04:44 PM

The best 525 point army
 
Is there anything better than 3x 4th Massachusetts, 3x Knights of Weston, and Sir Gilbert?

NightSwipe April 2nd, 2009 04:54 PM

Re: The best 525 point army
 
This isn't possible in a real game, but maybe 2 Zelrigs, Braxas and Nilfhiem. ;)

quozl April 2nd, 2009 04:58 PM

Re: The best 525 point army
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightSwipe (Post 787248)
This isn't possible in a real game, but maybe 2 Zelrigs, Braxas and Nilfhiem. ;)

Not legal and way over points.

Rich10 April 2nd, 2009 05:40 PM

Re: The best 525 point army
 
The first thing that I can think of is a Vydar pod:
Q9 180
Raelin1 260
Ratsx3 380
Laglor 490
Marcu 510
Isamu 520

This could also work with KMA instead of Laglor.
Q9 180
Raelin1 260
Ratsx4 420
KMA 520

Another good army would be
Nilfheim 185
Raelin1 265
Rats x 3 385
Airborne Elite 495
Marcu 515
Isamu 525

I'm not sure who would win, but it would be fun to play.

quozl April 2nd, 2009 05:44 PM

Re: The best 525 point army
 
Thanks, Rich! Those look good.

If we allowed in Marvel, what do you think about:

Captain America 220
Raelin 300
KMA 400
3x Deathreavers 520

Rich10 April 2nd, 2009 06:05 PM

Re: The best 525 point army
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 787328)
Thanks, Rich! Those look good.

If we allowed in Marvel, what do you think about:

Captain America 220
Raelin 300
KMA 400
4x Deathreavers 520

I love the KMA, but they don't do well against knights. If you can keep the KMA away from the knights, this could work.

Another fun army (using some less used figures) would be:
WOAx3 150
Nakitas 270
Skahen 390
Raelin1 470
MW 520
The key would be to make sure that the WOA engage the KOW, not the 4th Mass.

dok April 2nd, 2009 07:04 PM

Re: The best 525 point army
 
quozl's original army is really strong, for sure, even though it needs to drop one figure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 787328)
If we allowed in Marvel, what do you think about:

Captain America 220
Raelin 300
KMA 400
4x Deathreavers 520

That's actually 3x Deathreavers, and yes, that's a really, really strong army. A bit slanted towards defense, but extremely strong.

Rich, it's funny, but your Skahen/Nakitas/Raelin/WoA army is almost exactly the all-female army I mentioned yesterday in the 500 point thread. And you're right... it is very strong against knights and 4th.

quozl April 2nd, 2009 08:24 PM

Re: The best 525 point army
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 787444)
quozl's original army is really strong, for sure, even though it needs to drop one figure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 787328)
If we allowed in Marvel, what do you think about:

Captain America 220
Raelin 300
KMA 400
4x Deathreavers 520

That's actually 3x Deathreavers, and yes, that's a really, really strong army. A bit slanted towards defense, but extremely strong.

Thanks! I edited in the correction. What other armies do you think would be good against the 4th/Knights combo?

Jexik April 2nd, 2009 09:23 PM

Re: The best 525 point army
 
GenCon was 520 points last year. Some of those armies are probably still relevant @ 525.

That's a solid army though. I'm hesitant to say that any army is the best. Every army has its good and bad matchups.

Nadom April 2nd, 2009 09:43 PM

Re: The best 525 point army
 
The only downsides are a lack of any kind of special attack and a lack of a dependable Q9/Marvel counter (especially if they have Raelin and/or rats with them). In my experience Rats own both the knights and the 4th, so they clog this army up like no other. I tried it out a few weeks ago in preparation for the tourney and it worked pretty well, though. It's really a 507.5 pt. army because of the one squaddie you have to drop (and the fractional scoring format), but I don't think you're really losing too much there. If we only had that 5 extra points...

Rich10 April 2nd, 2009 09:49 PM

Re: The best 525 point army
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 787444)
Rich, it's funny, but your Skahen/Nakitas/Raelin/WoA army is almost exactly the all-female army I mentioned yesterday in the 500 point thread. And you're right... it is very strong against knights and 4th.

My daughter likes to play with armies that are female based. It is a fun army to play with.

Another army that should do well is a dragon themed army. The key here would be how long the rat screen holds up.
Braxas 210
Nilfheim or Zelrig 395
Rats x 3 515
Isamu 525

Simpsons Scaper April 2nd, 2009 10:22 PM

Re: The best 525 point army
 
Zelrig- 185
Braxas- 400
KMA- 500
Marcu- 520

That's what I'd take.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.