Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Gen Con (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Who is the best Gencon Main Event Player? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26567)

lonewolf August 20th, 2009 01:10 AM

Re: Who is the best Gencon Main Event Player?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nwojedi (Post 901717)
so where are the day 1 stats coming from. I should have more than 8 points there, since I was 5-0 in 06 for day 1 and went 4-1 for day 2 losing to spider in the final. I was 4 -1 this year for day 1 but knocked out in the first round of day 2. I think 07 was 3-1-1 with one tie to spider, which screwed us both out of day 2. And 08 was just an epic fail of 3-2 for day one. I'm ranked below funrun? WTF, I call for Tech support!

In my system (keep in mind that this is just one way of looking at things!) you don't get any points for wins or losses, only final standings. Wins and losses are listed for reference and to resolve ties...as stated in the original post. Example Spider and Mattster both have 85 pts but Spider has more Day 1 wins (the second method for resolving ties). Hendal and Jormi also tied, but Hendal has more Day-2 wins, so he is listed ahead of Jormi. The points scored for your final placing are listed in the first post.

Yes - you did get the short end of the stick for the tie with Spider. This definitely hurt you and Spider in the rankings. This tie issue has happened the last two years with the Pastimes system causing issues. I think Clarissmus missed the second day last year because of a tie. He was 3-1-1 and three people that were 3-2 made the second day instead of him. Hopefully things are different in the future...I trust Ry is doing everything he can to make our tournaments the best they can be.

I'll get the results that you gave me updated on the spreadsheet.

Cleon August 20th, 2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf (Post 901730)
I think Clarissmus missed the second day last year because of a tie. He was 3-1-1 and three people that were 3-2 made the second day instead of him.

Yup, me and Clarissimus knocked each other out of Day 2 last year.

R˙chean August 20th, 2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nwojedi (Post 901717)
so where are the day 1 stats coming from. I should have more than 8 points there, since I was 5-0 in 06 for day 1 and went 4-1 for day 2 losing to spider in the final. I was 4 -1 this year for day 1 but knocked out in the first round of day 2. I think 07 was 3-1-1 with one tie to spider, which screwed us both out of day 2. And 08 was just an epic fail of 3-2 for day one. I'm ranked below funrun? WTF, I call for Tech support!

Sigh, Neo you were not 5-0 in '06. We have this same discussion every year.

I beat you on Day 1 in 2006. (god how many times do I have to post this before you acknowledge that it happened? Spider and I were the 5-0s in 2006. Shall I link your post, again, where you specifically reference that it did happen?? Trust me, I have it bookmarked from the last time I had to prove it to you) You were 4-1 on Day 1 in 2006. (I think your confusion is coming from going 5-0 in the General tournament that same year, playing the exact same army.) You beat me on Day 2 in the semi final round and moved on to face Spider in the final. There is no way you could have gone 4-1 on Day 2 in 2006 because there was a maximum of 3 games to be played. You went 2-1 on Day 2 in 2006. Spider went 3-0. Jormi and I went 1-1.

Good god, man, let the light shine in!

Funny, I am correcting my win totals down and Neo is flat out making some up. 4-1 on Day 2???? Nobody has ever gone 4-1 on day 2 because it isn't freaking possible.

lonewolf August 20th, 2009 10:39 AM

I updated the first post to have the correct # of wins for everyone.

The main reason I used final standings as apposed to wins for this ranking system was because we don't have detailed records on wins and losses for day 2 in 06 and for any year on the first day other than for those that made the second day.

R˙chean August 20th, 2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R˙chean (Post 901848)
I beat you on Day 1 in 2006. (god how many times do I have to post this before you acknowledge that it happened? Spider and I were the 5-0s in 2006. Shall I link your post, again, where you specifically reference that it did happen?? Trust me, I have it bookmarked from the last time I had to prove it to you)

Yeah I had to do it:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nwojedi (Post 54988)
I just posted the battle report for the final championship match.

RY was the only other one, besides the champion to defeat my army this the whole weekend. It was during the semifinals on the last match. BOth of us were already a shoe in for the finals. So it wouldn't have cost either of us anything to win or lose. He got me with a hodgepodge army, with ubber dice rolling on his part.

Nwojedi August 20th, 2009 01:49 PM

fine 3-1 in day 2 then, or whatever. didn't know how many rounds we had. And I still don't remember losing to you in 06 ;). Of course I didn't know who you were then, or anybody for that matter.

lonewolf August 20th, 2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nwojedi (Post 902130)
fine 3-1 in day 2 then, or whatever. didn't know how many rounds we had. And I still don't remember losing to you in 06 ;). Of course I didn't know who you were then, or anybody for that matter.

I keep trying to NOT remember losing to Ry either....but I can't seem to shake it. ;)

Nwojedi August 20th, 2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf (Post 902142)
Quote:

I keep trying to NOT remember losing to Ry either....but I can't seem to shake it. ;)

Well I didn't have any problems in 06. But he's like a turd that won't flush. Now he completes me. ;)

R˙chean August 20th, 2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Dude! that isnt even possible, ethier. We had 8 make Day 2 in 2006. The best you could have done was 3-0 and only if you won it all, and of course you didn't. You went 2-1.

I think I am going to put Neo's performance line from 2006 in my signature so he will stop making stuff up. :twisted:

BTW, you lost to me twice in 2006. Once in Day 1 and once in a win-a-wave. I lost to you in the General and then on Day 2, when it really counted.

Jexik August 23rd, 2009 02:10 PM

This is kind of a silly thread.

Coming to the conclusion that anyone but Mattser or Spider is the best main event player by making up some bogus formula doesn't prove anything.

They've both won it twice. They've both made it to day 2 thrice.

The only time spider didn't make day 2, he tied Neo (2nd place from the year before), and lost only to the guy who won it all. 2 of his 3 wins even came against people who made it to day 2. The two years that he won it all, he went undefeated both days, which is something that Mattser hasn't done. Kind of funny that the year he makes it to day two playing 50 points fewer than nearly everyone else was his 'worst' year.

Mattser has won it twice, and lost to the guy who got in second (lonewolf) the year he didn't go on to win. Until this year, he was the only player to beat spider in the main event.

lonewolf August 23rd, 2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jexik (Post 904808)
This is kind of a silly thread.

Coming to the conclusion that anyone but Mattser or Spider is the best main event player by making up some bogus formula doesn't prove anything.

They've both won it twice. They've both made it to day 2 thrice.

The only time spider didn't make day 2, he tied Neo (2nd place from the year before), and lost only to the guy who won it all. 2 of his 3 wins even came against people who made it to day 2. The two years that he won it all, he went undefeated both days, which is something that Mattser hasn't done. Kind of funny that the year he makes it to day two playing 50 points fewer than nearly everyone else was his 'worst' year.

Mattser has won it twice, and lost to the guy who got in second (lonewolf) the year he didn't go on to win. Until this year, he was the only player to beat spider in the main event.

I agree!

The cumulative result reflects this sentiment where they are 20 pts better than the next competitor!

Cleon August 23rd, 2009 11:59 PM

EDIT: (deleted).