Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Stronghold (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=59056)

LordVenoc May 8th, 2021 09:18 AM

The Book of Stronghold

The Book of Stronghold (Edward Sedgwick)

C3G VALIANT WAVE 40
WAR OF THE INDEPENDENTS

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...hold_comic.png
Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...ghold_mini.png
Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a repainted Heroclix figure from the Superman set.
Its model number and name are #022 / Sun Boy.

Character Bio - Stronghold is a powerful Psiot with the ability to dismantle objects on a molecular level, essentially existing as a living cold fusion reactor. He is a trusted supporter of Toyo Harada and a frequent member of Harada's Eggbreakers.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Psiot, Ion has these Psiot Synergies.
  • As a Psiot Disciple, Stronghold may bond with Toyo Harada due to Toyo Harada's The Foundation power.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: LordVenoc
  • Second playtest: Ronin
  • Third playtest: Lord Pyre
  • Fourth playtest: Karat
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Card Art by Soundwarp

LordVenoc May 8th, 2021 09:18 AM

Re: The Book of Stronghold (Breathing)

NAME = STRONGHOLD
SECRET IDENTITY = EDWARD SEDGWICK
SPECIES = PSIOT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = DISCIPLE
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 195

MATTER SIPHON
Start the game with 2 red Fission Markers on this card. Whenever a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Stronghold is attacked and receives no wounds, you may place a Fission Marker on this card, to a maximum of 5. Whenever Stronghold would receive exactly 1 wound, you may remove a Fission Marker to ignore that wound.

BIOFISSION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4 + Special.
Before attacking with this special attack, you may remove any number of Fission Markers from this card. For each marker removed, you may choose one of the following:
•roll 2 additional attack dice.
•choose a figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by this attack.
•your opponent rolls 1 fewer defense die for each shield rolled.
Each option may only be chosen once per attack.

LordVenoc May 8th, 2021 09:19 AM

Comic Art:

Mini Art:

Background Art:

Mini Painting Tutorial:
Spoiler Alert!

LordVenoc May 8th, 2021 09:23 AM

Alright, no changes here really from the LCW. Plan is that he will round out an army with Harada and Ion at 900, so he's liable to be in the low 200s range for points as the loose target right now. He's by far one of the most destructive Psiots in the foundation. He's longstanding as a part of Harada's Eggbreakers, and is a part of his forces throughout Imperium.

Karat May 8th, 2021 10:33 AM

For Master Siphon should that be a figure you control or a friendly figure? Also, took me a couple of readthroughs to really understand what you were saying there. Like first read through seems like if Stronghold attacked a figure more than 4 spaces from him he would get a marker.

LordVenoc May 8th, 2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karat (Post 2463337)
For Master Siphon should that be a figure you control or a friendly figure? Also, took me a couple of readthroughs to really understand what you were saying there. Like first read through seems like if Stronghold attacked a figure more than 4 spaces from him he would get a marker.

Idea was siphoning off attacks on figures near him. The big idea was more toward the enemy special attacks on Harada deterrent. Open figure language let him pull it off of ally Special attacks as well (similar to Ion working on both phases as well). I think it mostly depends on the power level goal there, but I do like that him really only being able to pull on attacks on allies simplifies the language.

It also was complicated by not wanting to give him a marker off of his own attacks.

Karat May 8th, 2021 10:56 AM

Well I think you could simplify and maintain mostly the same wording.
Quote:

MATTER SIPHON
Once per player turn, after attack dice are rolled for any other figure other than Stronghold attacking a figure within 4 spaces of Stronghold, you may place one red Fission Marker on this card for each blank rolled, to a maximum of 4. Before moving with Stronghold, you may remove a Fission Marker to roll an unblockable attack die against an adjacent figure.

LordVenoc May 9th, 2021 05:42 PM

Updated the SP with that text. If there are no more thoughts here I'll probably propose Initial later today. Want to get a few games of him in general Psiot builds to help hone in general feel, but wouldn't wrap the initial without some Harada games under my belt.

IAmBatman May 9th, 2021 06:08 PM

Zatanna II is probably a pairing worth exploring. Concern is that the streakiness of his resource generation will make it so that in a lot of games he’s killed essentially before he had any real use of his powers.

LordVenoc May 9th, 2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2463461)
Zatanna II is probably a pairing worth exploring. Concern is that the streakiness of his resource generation will make it so that in a lot of games he’s killed essentially before he had any real use of his powers.

Zatanna II doesnt work on Special Attacks, so she doesnt provide any benefit here.

IAmBatman May 9th, 2021 06:40 PM

I meant for the first power.

LordVenoc May 9th, 2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 2463463)
I meant for the first power.

Which was meant to only trigger on Special Attacks, but that apparently got lost somewhere between my brain and the current moment :p