Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   No more units drafted into Vahlhalla! Is the war over? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33315)

lefton4ya November 5th, 2010 12:18 AM

No more units drafted into Vahlhalla! Is the war over?

The real reason there is no more scape reinforcements is because no more units are being drafted to Valhalla. But does that mean the war is finally over, I would be partially glad because it was a stupid war - however I love the fight and live for it.

Seriously though, if you had to give an in-game reason why there is no more people being brought in to fight, what would it be?

Lord Pyre November 5th, 2010 12:26 AM

Re: No more units drafted into Vahlhalla! Is the war over?

The magic found in the dungeons created a sort of magic black hole that prevented the wellsprings from working. There is an informal "truce" right now, because everyone is shocked at their lack of power.

So they're devising ways of getting around it, using help from other sources then the wellsprings.

(Scape isn't dead, we'll continue the line, hehe ;) )

i_r_beej November 5th, 2010 12:42 AM

Um... I just visited my FLGS and "drafted" in another squad each of Vipers, Snipers, Rats, Ashra Warriors, Protectors of Ullar, Marro Dividers, Grut Orcs, and some Elven heroes.

:)

Sorry-- I know it's not answering your question. I don't have every expansion, so the war, technically speaking (in my household) is not over yet. Although bringing supply ships into the dangerous pirate infested waters of "Ebay" may prove too costly.

Kroz November 5th, 2010 03:47 AM

The war isn't over and the summoning hasn't ended. It is just being refocused now through C3V!!!

flameslayer93 November 5th, 2010 06:40 AM

They had too much to drink last night;)

ZBeeblebrox November 5th, 2010 07:35 AM

The war is not over until the creativity of this community and the rest of the players of Heroscape forget the game. New customs will be produced and the Generals will get new blood, and as long as I play the game the war will never end in my home.

killercactus November 5th, 2010 08:06 AM

I voted for Other. You'll all have to wait until Betrayals of Utgar is done to see my take on the end of the war.

chas November 5th, 2010 10:24 AM

:twisted: Most of us will in fact continue to add figures to our armies as we wish. They may be "site official customs," vetted by some group, or just other people's customs they like, or their own, or some day, stuff produced by other companies without the HS or D&D trademark on them, or who knows, some far off day more Official Scape produced or licensed by Hasbro.

So I respectfully voted "Other" for this reason...

mac122 November 5th, 2010 10:46 AM

A great darkness has enveloped Valhalla, blocking the wellsprings. This is only temporary as the the forces loyal to each general work feverishly to restore the flow of fresh forces.

i_r_beej November 5th, 2010 11:34 AM

The story could take on a recursive element. Sort of like Stephen King's "Gunslinger" books.

Wellsprings function as portals across time and space. What if the Kyrie generals used the wellsprings to draft the same fighters from earlier in their native timeline? Drake, Estivarra, Q10... all of them doomed to fight in the war over and over again and again. Each time a little different. Maybe.

To paraphrase King: "Ne-Gok-Sa fled across the desert and Sgt. Drake followed him."

Yeah, things get a little messy, but they also get interesting.

Hogg November 5th, 2010 11:39 AM

Funiest explination I've seen:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleKing99 (Post 1249152)
Continuing the storyline here:
"Utgar summoned important US officials who nuked Valhalla"

killercactus November 5th, 2010 12:14 PM

There are still units being summoned to Valhalla - here's what happened:

The design team asked the guy at WOTC that was in charge of continuing the Heroscape line whether or not they could go ahead with D4. The guy said that they were thinking about discontinuing it, so R˙chean, :gb:, truth and theGuru charged him with their weapons drawn. But, just as they were about to kill him for ruining our game, he mysteriously vanished.

He reappeared at the Wellspring that Valkrill now controls, having been summoned to Valhalla by Valkrill, since Valkrill wanted to cause chaos and anarchy amongst the Heroscape players. When he found out that they were going to discontinue the line anyway and Valkrill had summoned him for nothing, he had a Death Knight chop off the dude's head.

Serves him right.