Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   C3G Public Design Nominations - TIEBREAKER (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=37493)

MrNobody August 27th, 2011 11:49 AM

C3G Public Design Nominations - TIEBREAKER

Welcome to the C3G Public Design Nominations Thread!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw...-no?authuser=0
Most recent winner: TIE (All For One and Hired Hit story card)

What is this thread for?

C3G holds a fan vote on a regular basis to determine units to be designed in public, known as the Public Design. When a the previous winner of this thread hits Public Playtesting, we will begin taking nominations for the next Public Design in this thread.

This thread is open to everyone to nominate or vote, not just official C3G members. Let us know what you want to see!

How do I nominate a design?

When nominations are open for an upcoming round of voting, anyone may nominate a single design by posting a link to the design. The best place to find designs is the Public Design Workshop. Any design from a C3G Hero (past or present), Sidekick, or Ally is valid for nomination so long as the designer has completed at least one public playtest* between the announcement of the most recent winner of this poll and the closing of first round nominations. You may not nominate your own design, spread the love. :)

*See the Playtesting Sign-Up thread for more information.

How do I vote for my favorite design?

After the Heroes have approved the nominations, voting will begin! Voting will occur in a single-elimination bracket. Everyone can vote, whether they are a member of C3G or not.

Once the final round of voting concludes, the winner will be decided! The designer may immediately begin a new design thread for that unit. Designs created through Public Design Nominations do not cost any Reward Points.

MrNobody August 27th, 2011 12:24 PM

- Most Recent Nomination Round

TIEBREAKER ROUND [Ends 12/05]

- Previous Nomination Rounds
Spoiler Alert!

quozl August 27th, 2011 12:32 PM

Re: C3G Public Design Nominations

Previous OP:
Spoiler Alert!

---------------

Yeah, no problems at all nominating yourself!

I would have nominated some of yours, Scape, but I don't know who any of them are.

tcglkn August 27th, 2011 12:32 PM

Do Heroes get nominations? :D

Margloth August 27th, 2011 01:09 PM

This is a great idea. :up: We might want to have a running tab in the OP. And do noms expire after a design is picked? Or do they continue to rack up nominations?

I'll have to look through some stuff here. Off the top of my head, I like Zauriel, AYP's barrel, I know quozl had some neat stuff, and johnny's stuff is always good...

...oh man, maybe this ain't gonna be any easier! :lol:

Lord Pyre August 27th, 2011 01:12 PM

I should say that I've been working on some updates to Spoiler, but I haven't posted them yet. Catgirl's pretty much ready, though. I'm revamping Hood's Cloak of Dormammu, also, come to think of it.

IAmBatman August 27th, 2011 01:14 PM

Just to be clear, quozl could you edit the initial post to let folks know how the nomination and selection process will be ran here? This should be all about letting the public have a lot more say in what the public works on (Heroes would have veto rights to ensure the direction of the project stays on course, but otherwise we want you guys to have a lot more ownership).

Scapemage August 27th, 2011 01:16 PM

I think that placing a limit of 8 nominations per design slot would be good, so that we don't get too overboard nominating and have too much to vote on.

I'd also say renominating each time a slot is near ready would be a good idea (but not when both of the slots are near ready, we can vote for the 2 that will win without having to restart, for example now). We get new designs all the time, and if an old design is good enough, it should be nominated again to show it.

Griffin August 27th, 2011 01:16 PM

I don't know if it has been said or understood, but heroes will maintain the ability to say yes or no to the design. That is something that we discuss in the sanctum.

EDIT: http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/misc/smileys/bats.gif

LordEsenwienIV August 27th, 2011 01:16 PM

In list of preference:
  1. Johnny's Reverend Stryker
  2. LP's The Hood
  3. LP's Onamatepia (Or however that's spelled)
  4. Johnny's AIM Troopers
  5. LEIV's Onslaught
And no, if you're wondering LP and Johnny did not hack into my account and post this. :p

Lord Pyre August 27th, 2011 01:20 PM

I'm waiting on Onomatapoeia, there's a comic coming out supposedly this year that will most likely show his actual powers and backstory a bit more, so once that's done we can more accurately work on him.

I'm excited for Hood, though! :)

IAmBatman August 27th, 2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scapemage (Post 1469443)
I think that placing a limit of 8 nominations per design slot would be good, so that we don't get too overboard nominating and have too much to vote on.

I'd also say renominating each time a slot is near ready would be a good idea (but not when both of the slots are near ready, we can vote for the 2 that will win without having to restart, for example now). We get new designs all the time, and if an old design is good enough, it should be nominated again to show it.

To make things easier on voting, perhaps we should only allow one nomination per poster and only vote on things that receive a certain minimum number of nominations?