Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Misc Customs Project Forum (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=31300)

JC McMinis March 31st, 2012 08:57 PM

Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Ok we can drop the attack and defense to 5. any objections to the miniature choice I posted above?

Fi Skirata March 31st, 2012 09:37 PM

Ehhhh, he just doesn't seem Duncan'y'. If you guys don't have objections against non-prepainted figs, then here is one I think would work:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/media.../0/50182_1.jpg
With a little painting (and maybe a slight bit of greenstuff/clay), you could make the mask seem to disappear and become a face, and the hood could be made to look like hair. The rest can be painted to a persons liking.

mac122 March 31st, 2012 11:06 PM

Here's the figure I'm working on. I used Carr's body with the Caucasian Krav Maga agents head. It needs some some work on his right hand and some paint to make him less agent looking.
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...res/duncan.jpg

Fi Skirata April 1st, 2012 10:38 AM

If Mac's figure version is used, then there will need to ve an alternative mini (like with Dr. Moreou) for people who do not have the figures to use to make him Mac's way (which looks cool by the way).

tcglkn April 1st, 2012 10:57 AM

Or you could just proxy...

Taeblewalker April 1st, 2012 02:43 PM

I'm not big on the mini side of things, since I tend to just proxy a lot, but I'm okay with the card as is.

JC McMinis April 1st, 2012 02:51 PM

I personally will probably just use alastair mcdirk myself. As I have no extra figures to make a custom with and as my wife and I just bought a house I don't see any new miniatures in the near future. Now if our resident card maker can make us a card.

SirGalahad April 1st, 2012 03:16 PM

All of the Immortals were human.
THE SOURCE cleaned up so as to not allow in a multi-player game for an additional figure to gain the other abilities if that opponent already had one when a different opponent didn't.
"does not work" isn't very Heroscapey.
Players take control of cards, not figures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1583331)
THE SOURCE
Start the game with 3 green source markers on this army card. If an opponent does not have a figure with the Immortal 11 and The Quickening abilities, you may choose one Unique Human Hero in that per opponent's army and place a source marker on that figure's army card. The Chosen figures now have both the Immortal 11 and The Quickening abilities. Source markers may not be placed on soulborgs, constructs or undead.

IMMORTAL 11
On the start of each of your turns after Duncan MacLeod has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, immediately place Duncan MacLeod in your start area zone and remove all wound markers from this army card. You may not use this ability does not work if Duncan MacLeod is destroyed by another figure with the Immortal 11 ability.

THE QUICKENING
When Duncan MacLeod destroys a figure with the Immortal 11 ability, take permanent control of that figure's army card and any army card that figure opponent gained control of with The Quickening ability. Duncan MacLeod may use any ability on any army card that you gained control of with The Quickening ability.

THE SOURCE
Start the game with 3 green source markers on this army card. If an opponent does not have a figure with the Immortal 11 and The Quickening abilities, you may choose one Unique Human Hero in that opponent's army and place a source marker on that figure's army card. Chosen figures have the Immortal 11 and The Quickening abilities.

IMMORTAL 11
On the start of each of your turns after Duncan MacLeod has been destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, immediately place Duncan MacLeod in your start zone and remove all wound markers from this army card. You may not use this ability if Duncan MacLeod is destroyed by a figure with the Immortal 11 ability.

THE QUICKENING
When Duncan MacLeod destroys a figure with the Immortal 11 ability, take permanent control of that figure's army card and any army card that opponent gained control of with The Quickening ability. Duncan MacLeod may use any ability on any army card that you gained control of with The Quickening ability.

machinekng April 1st, 2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmcminis (Post 1586768)
I personally will probably just use alastair mcdirk myself. As I have no extra figures to make a custom with and as my wife and I just bought a house I don't see any new miniatures in the near future. Now if our resident card maker can make us a card.

Methinks someone forgot about points. ;)

To be honest, since he has bonding, I think he falls around 180-200. He has a rather strong attack, and bonds with an strong squad.

@Sir Galahad:
The immortals were all human, but were there any other sentient races in that series? (Never seen it.) I don't see why an Elf or a Wolf couldn't be an immortal.

Don't be so speciesist. :p

SirGalahad April 1st, 2012 03:30 PM

No other species I'm aware of, besides it cuts down on an already text-heavy card.

Question - will Duncan be the only Immortal with THE SOURCE?

machinekng April 1st, 2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1586778)
No other species I'm aware of, besides it cuts down on an already text-heavy card.

Question - will Duncan be the only Immortal with THE SOURCE?

Having thought more about it, I agree with you. Not because of the space of the card, but because Duncan using Quickening on an immortal Raelin is just wrong.

Fi Skirata April 1st, 2012 04:17 PM

I just realized that there would be an official 'immortal' in the form of Thanos. how should things be handled with that? Also, what if they are other immortals made later, (from other series's or from C3V) how will this affect things? MY thought is to change it to this:

THE QUICKENING
When Duncan MacLeod destroys a figure with the Immortal 11 ability or who's species is Immortal, take permanent control of that figure's army card and any army card that opponent gained control of with The Quickening ability. Duncan MacLeod may use any ability on any army card that you gained control of with The Quickening ability.