Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Terrain & Obstacles (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Bases for Custom Figures (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=52576)

KingZombie January 5th, 2016 09:17 PM

Bases for Custom Figures

Howdy!
Where does everyone get their bases for their custom 'scape figures?

Do you cast them or are there bases like them already out there?

Either way...where do I find them?

Porkins January 5th, 2016 10:32 PM

Re: Bases for Custom Figures

Thanks to @mac122 , see here.

KingZombie January 6th, 2016 01:00 PM

Thanks! Very helpfu!

yodajunkie September 5th, 2017 07:30 PM

I make and sell custom bases. email me at yodajunkiedesigns@yahoo.com for info.

Dark_Stranger September 28th, 2017 10:33 AM

In a pinch, it's pretty easy to make a custom base from foam board. You can find big sheets of the stuff about the thickness of official HS bases at Hobby Lobby, and probably at most other big craft stores. Just trace around an official base straight onto the board, cut it out with an exacto knife, and slap some acrylic paint on it (I use a layer or two of dark brown, followed by some green daubed roughly over the top). Then you can superglue your figure straight to the top once it's dry. Works like a charm.

TheSnufkin December 27th, 2017 06:39 PM

Has anyone tried making bases out of products like Blue stuff/ Instamold and greenstuff/milliput?

TREX December 28th, 2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSnufkin (Post 2172900)
Has anyone tried making bases out of products like Blue stuff/ Instamold and greenstuff/milliput?

Its much more cost efficient to buy a large pack of bases from a site like impactminiatures. Molding bases could be done as I have made some peanut bases. It would be much easier to 3d print them.

Tankyteemo December 28th, 2017 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREX (Post 2172928)
Quote:

Its much more cost efficient to buy a large pack of bases from a site like impactminiatures. Molding bases could be done as I have made some peanut bases. It would be much easier to 3d print them.

Any ideas for peanut bases besides just ripping them off of other figures? impact is all sold out

mac122 December 28th, 2017 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tankyteemo (Post 2172932)
Quote:

Quote:

Any ideas for peanut bases besides just ripping them off of other figures? impact is all sold out

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodajunkie (Post 2161377)

This guy. His website is down, but contact him at this email for ordering.

yodajunkie December 28th, 2017 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2172933)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The bases from impact miniatures were made by yodajunkie. So far they have not contacted me for a resupply. Website was not cost effective, but you can still buy bases by emailing yodajunkiedesigns@yahoo.com. Peanut bases now come with machine cut "stickers" have to be glued on.

japes December 28th, 2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodajunkie (Post 2172934)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mac122 (Post 2172933)
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The bases from impact miniatures were made by yodajunkie. So far they have not contacted me for a resupply. Website was not cost effective, but you can still buy bases by emailing yodajunkiedesigns@yahoo.com. Peanut bases now come with machine cut "stickers" have to be glued on.

Yeah when I ordered bases from Impact he told me he was out of the Peanut bases and said I should contact you. Instead of a webpage could you post in the trade threads here with a price list. I'm sure it would lead to more sales.

Lazy Orang February 12th, 2018 06:53 AM

Ummm, okay, Impact! is out of bases and base stickers - does anyone know if/when they might get more in? Is there a chance they won't?
Also, any idea where I could decent peanut bases from reliably? (I don't like the idea of a transaction through email.)