Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Custom Units & Army Cards (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Samus and Other Metroid Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=43134)

Good Pig August 23rd, 2012 12:15 AM

Samus and Other Metroid Customs

Samus Aran

Figure to use:
Battle Ball Iron Wolf team figure (on a blue base with claw), modified and repainted

Quote:

http://static02.mediaite.com/themary...us_large01.png

Human
Unique Hero
Bounty Hunter
Determined
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 5
Range 7
Attack 4
Defense 5
Points 180

POWER SUIT
After destroying a figure with Samus Aran, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card.

CHARGED SHOT
After taking a turn with Samus Aran, if she did not move, place a white Charge Marker on this card. If she did not attack, place a Charge Marker on this card. Add 1 to Samus Aran’s normal attack for each Charge Marker on this card. After attacking with Samus Aran’s normal attack, remove all Charge Markers from this card.

(Comes with 2 markers)

JUMP
Instead of her normal move, Samus Aran may use Jump. Jump has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Jump, ignore elevations. Samus Aran may jump over water without stopping, jump over figures without becoming engaged, and jump over obstacles such as ruins. Samus Aran may not jump more than 12 levels up or down in a single jump.
Samus Aran (Zero Suit)

Figure to use:
Sharon Carter #022 Marvel Chaos War Singles Heroclix OR any other Sharon Carter Heroclix figure, repainted

Spoiler Alert!

Technology Upgrade Glyphs

Spoiler Alert!

Metroid

Spoiler Alert!

Dark Samus

Spoiler Alert!

Space Pirates

Spoiler Alert!

Phazon Pool Damage:

Any figure remaining on a Phazon Pool tile at the end of the round must roll one attack die. If you get a skull, then that figure recieves a wound.

TheExplodingCheez August 23rd, 2012 12:19 AM

Re: Samus and Other Metroid Customs

great card! I wish I could use it! If you want it to be created, you might want to try http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=38383. Some people have gotten together and nicely offered to make cards for people who suck at photoshop. If you're lucky one of them will make this!

JC McMinis August 23rd, 2012 12:21 AM

I like it Good Pig. I myself have done cards for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Wario.

Edit...oh and have some rep

Good Pig August 23rd, 2012 12:30 AM

Thanks guys. I actually have Photoshop and want to make a custom template for it. :) Just wanted to get the idea down on paper first. Most of the beam ideas are ripped off of powers from other customs, but I like the idea of keeping them simple.

Other customs I've got in the works:
- Dark Samus
- Metroid (uncommon hero)
- Ridley
- Mother Brain
- Space Pirate Troopers (common squad)

Some of these will be tough to do without proper figures, but I'm keeping my eyes open for ways to put together custom ones.

TheExplodingCheez August 23rd, 2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Pig (Post 1662649)
Thanks guys. I actually have Photoshop and want to make a custom template for it. :) Just wanted to get the idea down on paper first. Most of the beam ideas are ripped off of powers from other customs, but I like the idea of keeping them simple.

Other customs I've got in the works:
- Dark Samus
- Metroid (uncommon hero)
- Ridley
- Mother Brain
- Space Pirate Troopers (common squad)

Some of these will be tough to do without proper figures, but I'm keeping my eyes open for ways to put together custom ones.

oh, my bad, I shouldn't have assumed you sucked at photoshop :P I guess I'm the only one

Good Pig August 23rd, 2012 12:37 AM

:lol: no problem

Good Pig August 23rd, 2012 01:24 AM

Added Zero Suit Samus and Metroid. Time to call it a night.

Good Pig August 24th, 2012 05:55 PM

Dark Samus added

Soundwarp SG-1 September 3rd, 2012 08:04 PM

IIRC one of the old battleball figures is rather Samus like in appearance and sort of close color scheme wise, just missing the arm cannon. Might be worth looking into if you need a proxy figure. :shrug:

Good Pig September 4th, 2012 01:58 PM

Hey thanks :)

Never heard of that game before, maybe I'll spot one at Goodwill or a garage sale.

Good Pig January 14th, 2016 05:48 PM

It's been over 2 years since I've looked at these customs, and I'm just returning to it now. My interest in Heroscape has kind of ebbed and flowed over the years, but I keep coming back to it so that must be saying something! I think it's high time I put together some card art for these designs and started play testing.

In the meantime I've added to the OP:
- Space Pirates common squad
- Phazon Pool damage rules (same as Lava Field spaces)

I've also looked into an excellent suggestion from @Soundwarp SG-1 and found a great mini to use to proxy Samus from the Battleball board game which I now own. However, it's probably not the one you had in mind.

In the image below on the top row, the far right side in the gray/blue is the perfect mini. It's a guy with a claw hand, but the mechanical 'fingers' can easily be sliced off with an exacto knife to form Samus' gun arm. That mod and obviously a repaint in the correct colors. I'll be sure to post the final result once I'm done. :)

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...B-WP2-1024.jpg

My goal with these customs is to identify ways to come up with figures for some of these out of other fairly cheap figures and toys.

- Toy pteradactyl head for Ridley
- T-Rex or similar dinosaur body for Mother Brain
- Some creative solution for Metroids

Tornado January 14th, 2016 06:27 PM

How much was Battle Ball and please more info on those figures. I think they may work for some of my customs.
Do you have a pic for Mother Brain? I have a lot of T-Rex figures so I may be able to come up with a good suggestion.
How big of a pteradactyl?
There are some figures from the latest Jurassic Park movie.