Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33458)

samuelfrost4 September 6th, 2011 07:39 PM

Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by quozl (Post 1475785)
Wow. Look, the card has two names on it. Pick one. Then it will be fine.

OH MY GOODNESS! I feel like locking myself in a closet... I think I`m going to die from embarrassment. :P My brother is working on fixing that now. I`m so sorry. :P I`ll fix it.

Elginb September 6th, 2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuelfrost4 (Post 1475768)
Hey I`m back. I`d like to nominate one of my newest cards. Col. Seth Bertram... If you have any Questions about my custom please ask! With all that said, thank you all for considering my custom! :)

He looks interesting, though I'm wary of the proliferation of units that require extra markers-- how will we distinguish these markers from other markers? Are they a different color? Do they require a sticker?

Also, I'd like some detailed information about your playtesting. What armies did he work well with? What were some effective strategies? Did he excel in one format more than another (kill 'em all vs. capture the flag, etc.)?

I like those answers before voting.

samuelfrost4 September 6th, 2011 07:58 PM

@SoV people. Do I have to resubmit him, Or now that I changed it does it just go on with the new one? @Elginb I think hes a good filler. He can thrash unique squads, at least hurt heroes one on one, and hes fast. He dosnt have a set THING HES GOOD AT, but hes like a jack of all trades kind of. Do you SoV people playtest them or did you just want my opinion?

For all that are curious I based him off me. Thats my name, Samuel Lansberry. I based him off what I would do if I was summoned. I decided he would be more likely to be agreed in SoV if I changed the name, so it went more with the HS "theme". Hope I answered all your Questions.

Heres the new updated one. :P Sorry for wasting all you guys time: http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...elcustom-3.png

EDIT: I changed it to blue counters. You can just paint wound markers. :)

Elginb September 6th, 2011 08:59 PM

We do playtest them in order to review them, but they should be thoroughly playtested prior to being submitted (as far as I'm concerned). If you haven't actually playtested them, then they're just rough drafts, and you're just guessing at how they'll work in a game.

Quote:

SECTION 1: Submission guidelines and tips
6. Do NOT slap a unit together and nominate it for consideration. Game play experience and observations are encouraged...

Dad_Scaper September 6th, 2011 09:17 PM

Hmm.

Samuelfrost4, he does look interesting, but we don't want to be the first ones ever to playtest him. Elginb is asking you to describe your own experience playing him. How has worked out when *you've* been using him in games.

He is a very interesting custom, I will tell you that. I like how you handled the Knife/Knife Throwing special attack power.

I don't follow the thread closely, but I do occasionally look at the CHG24 workshop. If he hasn't seen the table much, *that* may be the place to bring him first.

nyys September 6th, 2011 09:37 PM

Detailed mini availability is also something we need to consider.

samuelfrost4 September 6th, 2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 1475879)
Hmm.

Samuelfrost4, he does look interesting, but we don't want to be the first ones ever to playtest him. Elginb is asking you to describe your own experience playing him. How has worked out when *you've* been using him in games.

He is a very interesting custom, I will tell you that. I like how you handled the Knife/Knife Throwing special attack power.

I don't follow the thread closely, but I do occasionally look at the CHG24 workshop. If he hasn't seen the table much, *that* may be the place to bring him first.

Thanks. I`ll slap together some places you can buy the mini, and work on a slightly longer battle report thing on him. Can you nominate your own custom for CHG24? I think one of the rules is you cant...
Quote:

The Rules and Timeframe for CHG24:
1. You cannot nominate your own card.
2. The creator has 1 day to OK his/her custom for review once it has been posted for nomination.
3. After the creator has OK'd it, the process must be completed in 5 days. If there is not 3 thumbs up in 5 days, another card is nominated by anyone and we move on.
4. If the process completes in under 5 days, immediately start the next process.
If you guys need It I`ll start typing up a longer how I use him, what hes good for, battle report thing.

Dad_Scaper September 6th, 2011 09:49 PM

Ok.

Samuelfrost4, I can't promise how I'm going to vote, no matter what you do with it now. Do you have your own Customs thread? Have you posted them there? There's something funny with the wording in the Special Attack, though I'm not at the moment putting my finger on it.

Our backlog is very long (:() and I'm feeling very picky. Take your time, Samuelfrost4. Have your own thread, take your time, play a bunch of games with the guy. Get feedback. It's a *good* custom and I don't want you to get frustrated here when you should be proud.

Please don't "slap" anything together. It's not a good word to use in this context. ;)

samuelfrost4 September 6th, 2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper (Post 1475899)
Ok.

Samuelfrost4, I can't promise how I'm going to vote, no matter what you do with it now. Do you have your own Customs thread? Have you posted them there? There's something funny with the wording in the Special Attack, though I'm not at the moment putting my finger on it.

Our backlog is very long (:() and I'm feeling very picky. Take your time, Samuelfrost4. Have your own thread, take your time, play a bunch of games with the guy. Get feedback. It's a *good* custom and I don't want you to get frustrated here when you should be proud.

Please don't "slap" anything together. It's not a good word to use in this context. ;)

Thanks alot. I`ll work on play testing him more. I have a custom page. its in my sig. The slapping together was just a figure of speech. But yeah I`ll work on him more. Thanks for the help though!

flameslayer93 September 7th, 2011 05:25 AM

I can expect to see a group of soldiers tried at court here very soon8)

Hope you guys are looking forward to a killer read :p

samuelfrost4 September 7th, 2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameslayer93 (Post 1476012)
I can expect to see a group of soldiers tried at court here very soon8)

Hope you guys are looking forward to a killer read :p

Well Jandar soldiers are cool! And WotC/Hasbro only made 2! There needs to be like 3 common soldier squads 2 unique, and 3 or 4 heroes. :)

sir william the bold September 7th, 2011 06:20 PM

I have a question, is SoV only for units? Or can ideas be nominated for large expansion threads? I know you said you had a lot of backlog and I hope I'm not wasting your time, but I believe that there should be at least one custom large expansion. I know that finding materials that fit heroscape terrain would be hard, but it wouldn't have to be terrain. I was thinking about creating a universal "large map" heroscape game. It would be almost like Risk were points are produced by the land you own, and the object of the game is to control the whole map (duh). Judges would vote on specifics and games could be tested on it to see how it works. And if this is not the thread for that then I can create another thread. But I would like to see this happen, I believe that it would truly benefit heroscape if we could come up with a universal set of rules for "large map" scape'.
Thanks for considering :D

p.s. why when I do spell check on here does Heroscape come up spelled wrong?