Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33458)

samuelfrost4 September 9th, 2011 08:19 PM

Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Argh sorry. I deleted the older version when cleaning out my photo bucket account. I didn't think anyone still was viewing it on here. :P heres the card I posted except with a different name. If you want to see the newest version (that I've revealed) You can go to my custom page.

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...111samuelL.png

Sorry for the inconvenience. The name on the card I posted name was Col. Seth Bertram, and had one more defense.

Typhon2222 September 10th, 2011 11:39 PM

Knowing the fine gents of the SoV have nothing better to do but deal with an endless slew of submissions.... :whistle: :D

Sertorius and I would like to nominate our SKELETON ARCHERS for consideration.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...n_archersq.jpg

INTRODUCTION
Spoiler Alert!

STATS / ABILITIES / HOW THEY PLAY
Spoiler Alert!

COST/BALANCE
Spoiler Alert!

AVAILABILITY
Spoiler Alert!

BASES
Spoiler Alert!

THANKS
Spoiler Alert!

samuelfrost4 September 11th, 2011 12:42 AM

I dont know if you did this on purpose but if you have the glyph of range +4 then their cursed bows wont be as powerful at a range of 9... I would have worded it like this "If the figure you are attacking is 5 or more spaces away then". Or if you did it on purpose then totally disregard everything I said. :D

Killometer September 11th, 2011 02:31 AM

Hmm, my immediate concern upon reading the Skeleton Archers' card was :ninja:ed by samuelfrost. Great nomination Typhon, and I do like these guys, but I'd like to hear if Cursed Longbows was designed that way with consideration of the Glyph of Ivor before I vote.

Typhon2222 September 11th, 2011 02:58 AM

Let's be honest. Glyph of Ivor is a ridiculous glyph <cough>. As if ranged needed any more help. But in this particular case, it would be even nuttier than normal. If we'd written their Cursed Longbow ability so that the Skeleton Archers got the bonus on any range of 5 or higher, they'd get even more relative advantage from an Ivor than other ranged units. Insanity. Keeping it a hard 5, 6, or 7 avoids that madness.

And just for the record, anybody who plays with a Glyph of Ivor outside of specialized scenario use should be approached with extreme caution. :D

Killometer September 11th, 2011 03:11 AM

I thought with your specificity it had been considered, but I just wanted to make sure.

I vote YES to review Skeleton Archers by Sertorius and Typhon2222.

Hmmm...

Zombie Hulk x2
Zombies of Morandin x4
Skeleton Archers x2
480/24

(Base 1 Attack)+(Cursed Longbow's +1 Attack)+(height's +1 Attack)+(Paralyzing Fear's -1 Defense) = :twisted:. And all that behind a regenerating melee screen. :buttkick:

ZBeeblebrox September 11th, 2011 09:46 AM

I vote YES to review Skeleton Archers by Sertorius and Typhon2222.

samuelfrost4 September 11th, 2011 10:28 AM

Okay thanks. It does make sense though that you dont want to make it overpowerful, since you do have 4 people in that squad for 60 points. :D

Dad_Scaper September 11th, 2011 11:32 AM

Nay to reviewing Typhon222's Skeleton Archers.

Just theoryscaping here, but at 60 points they can screen each other. I am concerned that with 5x Skeleton Archers you will be able to bomb the snot out of anything starting on OM1 with their threat range.

Then the opponent closes on the advanced squad of Archers, so the Archers in the back open fire.

Seems like the ultimate kiting unit.

I'm a big fan of Typhon's (and Sertorius') customs, but I'm going to :down: these particular guys.

Typhon2222 September 11th, 2011 12:07 PM

Dunno D_S, but I think you're underestimating their liabilities. The times when they'll be rolling 3 attack dice are disproportionately few. Once/if they start reatreating back, they're likely to lose height, at which point they're attacking with 2 dice, often uphill. Same goes for any guys in the back. And that's assuming they're firing within their sweet spot range.

As for OM1 bombing.... requires a really flat map with minimal blockers for that to work. They can't fly. And they don't have Syvarris's range and attack.

Dad_Scaper September 11th, 2011 12:10 PM

You could be right, Typhon. Have you played with them x5, maybe with Raelin/whatever? I think you may be underestimating how effective they are as screens for themselves...

Typhon2222 September 11th, 2011 12:37 PM

With only 1 defense and the inability to attack if engaged, they crumbled too quickly to screen themselves for long, at least in our games. A little Bacon grease helps, like always. But she actually does less for these guys than for most units, because the Cursed Longbows ability works at cross purposes to podding.