Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3V and SoV Customs (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   The Book of Brimstone (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48271)

greygnarl April 21st, 2013 06:01 PM

The Book of Brimstone

The Book of Brimstone

Soldiers of Valhalla

The figure used for this unit is a D&D figure from the Lords of Madness set. Its model number and name is #57 Young Volcanic Dragon.

Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

GROWING HEAT
After taking a turn with Brimstone, you may place a Growing Heat Marker on this card, up to a maximum of 4 Growing Heat Markers.

HEAT BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 2. Attack Special.
Heat Blast Special Attack affects all figures within 2 clear sight spaces of Brimstone. Roll one attack die for each Growing Heat Marker on this Army Card. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice seperately. Heat Blast Special Attack does not affect Brimstone or figures with the Lava Resistant special power. After attacking with Heat Blast Special Attack, remove all Growing Heat Markers from this Army card.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Brimstone's movement, ignore elevations. Brimstone may pass over water, without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Brimstone starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Q. Does Heat Blast Special Attack affect friendly figures?
A. Yes.

Q. What size base does Brimstone use?
A. He uses a large single hex base.

Q: Do I place a Growing Heat marker on Brimstone's card after a turn in which I use Heat Blast Special Attack?
A: Yes. After attacking with Heat Blast Special Attack you must remove all Growing Heat markers from Brimstone's card. Then, after finishing the turn, place a Growing Heat marker on Brimstone's Army Card as usual.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received

SKULL DEMON: Valkrill Attack Aura 1
As a figure who follows Valkrill with a range of 1, Brimstone may benefit from Skull Demon's VALKRILL ATTACK AURA 1.

GREENSCALE WARRIORS: Lizard King Bonding
As a Unique, Large Dragon Hero, Brimstone may be chosen as to benefit from the Greenscale Warriors' LIZARD KING BONDING Activation Synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered

GREENSCALE WARRIORS: Loyalty to the Lizard King
As a Unique Large Dragon Hero, Brimstone may aid the Greenscale Warriors with their LOYALTY TO THE LIZARD KING Attack and Defense Enhancements if he is their chosen Lizard King.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
Tricky to manage and a cut below other dragons, but a big heat blast in a crowd is no joke. B-

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ll_dragons.jpg

Deathwalker10K April 25th, 2013 12:43 AM

Re: The Book of Brimstone

Wow, this guy seems like such a shark! Seems solid too. With Greenscales? :shock: Lots of charge-up fun!

MegaSilver April 25th, 2013 08:22 AM

Yeah, he needs those Greenscales to give him time for Growing Heat and provide as a screen.

IshMEL April 25th, 2013 11:07 AM

Is there an official "Growing Heat" marker? Or should I just use matches? Oh wait, my mom said never to play with matches...

caps April 25th, 2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshMEL (Post 1805348)
Is there an official "Growing Heat" marker? Or should I just use matches? Oh wait, my mom said never to play with matches...

No official marker, no.

ZBeeblebrox April 25th, 2013 12:23 PM

I just use orange painted wound markers.

HarleyThomas April 26th, 2013 03:48 AM

Seems like the kind of thing that'd have a Scorched Earth-like ability.

Any tiles adjacent to it lose any abilities they might have or something.

MegaSilver April 26th, 2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyThomas (Post 1805772)

Way to difficult to keep up with.

superfrog April 26th, 2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshMEL (Post 1805348)

Personally, I used upside-down power glyphs when playtesting. Other VC units have not specified colors for markers, so you can use whatever's handy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegaSilver (Post 1805803)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyThomas (Post 1805772)

Way too difficult to keep up with.

That would be a very complicated mechanic, and it would take away from the simplicity of this design. But Heat Blast does give the feel of destroying everything around him, and I love it.

XDVincent April 26th, 2013 07:01 PM

Is he one hex or two?

superfrog April 26th, 2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDVincent (Post 1806102)
Is he one hex or two?

Single. The recommended base is large (D3), but Scytale used a DW base in the pics I saw.

XDVincent April 26th, 2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfrog (Post 1806103)
Quote:

Originally Posted by XDVincent (Post 1806102)
Is he one hex or two?

Single. The recommended base is large (D3), but Scytale used a DW base in the pics I saw.

Thanks!