Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Flash (John Fox) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=48062)

Scapemage March 21st, 2013 07:07 PM

The Book of Flash (John Fox)

The Book of Flash (John Fox)

C3G DC WAVE 20
BATTLE FOR JUSTICE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Justice League set.
Its model number and name are #057 / The Flash.

Character Bio - In the 27th century, John Fox was a historian at Central City's National Academy of Science. When Manfred Mota attacked the city, John was chosen to retrieve a Flash from the past to defend the city. He then assumed the mantle of the Flash himself, and conducted many adventures throughout time, prominently in the 27th and 853rd centuries.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • As a figure with the Superspeed special power, Flash cannot be affected by aspects of Professor Zoom's Negative Speed Force Special Attack.
Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Scapemage March 21st, 2013 07:11 PM

Re: The Book of The Flash (John Fox) - Design Phase

NAME = FLASH
SECRET IDENTITY = JOHN FOX

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = DELIBERATE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 220

SUPERSPEED
Flash may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Flash, if he did not use his Speed Shift Special Attack this turn, he may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

SPEED SHIFT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Instead of attacking normally with Flash, you may move Flash up to 4 spaces. Flash can attack up to 3 times with this special attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as Flash is on a space where he could end his movement. After using this special attack, place Flash on the space he occupied before using this special attack.

TEMPORAL DEFENSE
Once per round, if Flash or any friendly figure within 3 spaces of Flash is attacked by an opponent’s figure that does not have the Temporal Defense special power, and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may reveal and remove any numbered Order Marker on this card. After removing the numbered Order Marker, the opponent’s turn immediately ends and the attacked figure receives no wounds.

johnny139 March 21st, 2013 07:15 PM

I like Speed Shift a lot. My main questions are whether or not he's an active time traveler (and thus deserves Temporal Defense) and whether he should be as fast as Barry and Wally.

A3n March 21st, 2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1785771)
I like Speed Shift a lot. My main questions are whether or not he's an active time traveler (and thus deserves Temporal Defense) and whether he should be as fast as Barry and Wally.

I had the exact same questions???

Hahma March 21st, 2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1785771)

Likewise.

I don't know all the Flashes, so I have no idea who this guy is and how he measures up to the other 2 previous Flashes.

Scapemage March 21st, 2013 08:12 PM

To answer Johnny's questions, John Fox is technically the fourth Flash (to be created, since he lives in the future he would be fifth due to Bart). He is an active time traveler, and matched the speed of the other Flashes.

IAmBatman March 21st, 2013 09:40 PM

I'm happy with this. :up: My only question is if he really deserves 5 Life instead of 4.

Spidey'tilIDie March 21st, 2013 09:51 PM

I'd say no, he's not particularly hardy. And then in Initial see if 5 or 6 Defense is better thematically.

EDIT: Also, not that it effects the design, but John is like the 9th or 10th Flash and eventually ends up in the 853rd century in Justice Legion Alpha.

Lord Pyre March 21st, 2013 11:34 PM

Never heard of him, but it looks good. How does he time travel, out of curiosity? Does he have the tech, or is it some weird running-so-fast-you-time-travel thingy? :p

IAmBatman March 22nd, 2013 05:13 PM

Chronal gauntlets.

SirGalahad March 22nd, 2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1786344)
Chronal gauntlets.

That just sounds painful

A3n March 22nd, 2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirGalahad (Post 1786391)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1786344)
Chronal gauntlets.

That just sounds painful

exactly what I was thinking. :?