Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Arnim Zola (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=45599)

IAmBatman October 7th, 2012 12:50 AM

The Book of Arnim Zola

The Book of Arnim Zola

C3G MARVEL WAVE 19
PATRIOT GAMES

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...Zola_comic.png

Comic PDF

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...mZola_mini.png

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Fantastic Forces set.
Its model number and name are #087 / Arnim Zola.
Character Bio - “Arnim Zola was a biochemist during World War II who became one of the first human genetic engineers in history after finding papers and equipment used by the offshoot race of humanity, the Deviants. He found a ready home among the Nazi party, who saw his actions as the ability to ensure the existence of a master race.

“One of his first accomplishments was the creation of a brain pattern imprinting device, which would allow someone's mental essence to be projected into a cloned brain. Zola presented such a gift to Adolf Hitler, creating the Hate-Monger. Zola also used these skills to form a new body for himself, surviving through the war and into modern times.

“The Red Skull also financed some of Zola's experiments, allowing Zola to produce such creations as Primus, Doughboy, and Man-Fish This association led to Zola's first confrontation with Captain America in the jungles of Central America.

“Zola has since continued his experiments at various times and locations around the globe. Often, his crimes against humanity bring him into conflict with various heroes, from Captain America to Deadpool [...]

“Arnim Zola has no natural superpowers, but he is a scientific genius specializing in genetics and cloning. He is not only capable of creating exact clone copies of his ‘clients’, he has also created monsters which are conditioned to do his bidding.

“Zola's most noticeable feat was performed upon himself. He constructed a specially modified body which lacks a head. Instead, Zola's face is located—via holographic projection—on his chest, and atop his shoulders is an ESP Box, a psychotronic device which he uses to exert his control over his monster creations. In a limited effect, the Box can also be used as an offensive weapon.

“Whenever his body is damaged, or utterly destroyed, Arnim is able to send his personality to another one stored elsewhere, thus giving himself a form of immortality” (Wikipedia, 2012).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Reverse Engineering 16 states you can choose a glyph, but it further states a figure might be equipped with the chosen glyph. Can you select a glyph equipped by a figure within 3 spaces (on that figure's card), or must the chosen glyph be on the battlefield?
    A: C3G's Equipment Glyph Rules state that glyphs with an area effect are considered to occupy the equipped figure's position. So you could choose either a glyph within 3 spaces on the actual battlefield or a glyph equipped by a figure on a figure occupying a space within 3 spaces. Non-Equipment Glyphs placed on Army Cards are not treated similarly, so, for instance, a Temporal Displacement Glyph on Kang's card would not be affected.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:_________________________________________________________________

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:
  • As a figure with the Brilliant personality, Arnim Zola adds 4 when rolling the 20-sided die for the Glyph of Replicator.
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Re: The Book of Arnim Zola - Design Phase

NAME = ARNIM ZOLA

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 200

CLONING 16
Before placing Order Markers for any round, you may choose any previously destroyed Unique Human or Clone Hero and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, remove all Wound Markers from the chosen Hero’s Army Card and place the chosen Hero on any empty space adjacent to Arnim Zola. You now control the chosen Hero and its species is now Clone instead of what is listed on its card. Cloning 16 may only be used to place one Unique Hero per game.

REVERSE ENGINEERING 16
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a glyph within 3 spaces of Arnim Zola and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, any figure on the chosen glyph or equipped with the chosen glyph receives one wound and the chosen glyph is destroyed.

CONSCIOUSNESS TRANSMISSION 16
After attacking with Arnim Zola, you may choose an Android or Cyborg figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Arnim Zola. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 6 to the roll if you control the chosen figure. If you roll 16 or higher, destroy the chosen figure and Arnim Zola. Immediately place Arnim Zola on the space previously occupied by the chosen figure and remove all Wound Markers from Arnim Zola's card.

If we think it's too much, I'd be OK dropping Reverse Engineering.

A3n October 7th, 2012 01:02 AM

Looks fine to me. I don't the character at all. What's the clix look like?

Nice to see Reverse Engineering make an appearance. ;) I'm fine with it if it's all appropriate.

johnny139 October 7th, 2012 01:15 AM

I'm not sure if he really counts as a Cyborg - though I suppose that's a debate about whether "consciousness" can be considered organic. He's 100% robot otherwise. I could see it working either way.

Reverse Engineering feels weird to me, just blowing away Glyphs, but I suppose Superboy can already do that and this is on a die-roll. No problem.

Cloning feels off to me, though. He does clone people, but not really in that way... he clones his own people (particularly Hitler) in order to keep them coming back. I don't think he's ever cloned an enemy and brought them onto his side - he cloned Captain America, but put Red Skull into his body.

I think limiting it to your own figures would be thematically stronger for me.

Also, "Terrorist" seems sort of weird. He's always struck me as a guy in an advisory role... never "formally" involved with any organizations.

A3n October 7th, 2012 01:18 AM

Reverse Engineering is something Griffin & I came up with for the future [redacted]. :D

Hahma October 7th, 2012 08:07 AM

Just getting subscribed. Will check in later as I only have a couple hours to get started on Purple Man and I can't waste that testing time chit chatting.:)

IAmBatman October 7th, 2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny139 (Post 1689446)
I'm not sure if he really counts as a Cyborg - though I suppose that's a debate about whether "consciousness" can be considered organic. He's 100% robot otherwise. I could see it working either way.

Reverse Engineering feels weird to me, just blowing away Glyphs, but I suppose Superboy can already do that and this is on a die-roll. No problem.

Cloning feels off to me, though. He does clone people, but not really in that way... he clones his own people (particularly Hitler) in order to keep them coming back. I don't think he's ever cloned an enemy and brought them onto his side - he cloned Captain America, but put Red Skull into his body.

I think limiting it to your own figures would be thematically stronger for me.

Also, "Terrorist" seems sort of weird. He's always struck me as a guy in an advisory role... never "formally" involved with any organizations.

I'm happy to go with what folks who know the character better than I do think for species. I just know he used to be a dude at one point and now he's a dude's mind in a robot. If we think Android fits better, I can roll with that. :-)

Reverse Engineering is just a fun attempt to show him being a mad scientist.

For the Cloning power, I can go with limiting it to your own figures, though I'd want to drop the required roll a tad. I also think it'd be a bit less fun, though, and like you said, he did clone Captain America, so it doesn't seem completely out of his wheelhouse. :-)

Do you have any ideas for a class that would work better than Terrorist? I don't want Scientist, as that gives him all the wrong synergies.

johnny139 October 7th, 2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1689579)
For the Cloning power, I can go with limiting it to your own figures, though I'd want to drop the required roll a tad. I also think it'd be a bit less fun, though, and like you said, he did clone Captain America, so it doesn't seem completely out of his wheelhouse. :-)

If we were to change it, I'd make it so you can bring back any previously destroyed Unique Hero on a die roll at the end of the round, but only 3 times. So the roll would definitely be lower in that case. It feels more like Zola to be "conscripted" to build bonus bodies before a game than grab some DNA from Spider-Man, throw together a clone, and send him into battle in the course of an afternoon. He's a sideline man.

Quote:

Do you have any ideas for a class that would work better than Terrorist? I don't want Scientist, as that gives him all the wrong synergies.
None that we already have... maybe Fanatic (since he's known as the Bio-Fanatic). Or Biochemist. I just don't really see him as the type to be inspired by Madame HYDRA or moved by Strucker or whatever - they come to him, not the other way around.

It's not horrible (it's no more or less accurate than Gorgon as a Terrorist), but, my two cents.

SirGalahad October 7th, 2012 05:26 PM

Seems like a LOT of text.

Lord Pyre October 7th, 2012 05:31 PM

I don't think reverse engineering is really necessary, here. Otherwise he looks pretty awesome. :)

IAmBatman October 7th, 2012 09:54 PM

OK, I'm thinking about going with this for the Cloning power which is also trimmer:

CLONING 16
Start the game with 3 gray Clone Markers on this card. At the end of any round, you may choose a previously destroyed Unique Hero and remove a Clone Marker from this card to roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, remove all Wound Markers from the chosen hero’s Army Card and place the chosen hero on any empty space adjacent to Arnim Zola if possible. You now control the chosen hero.

Let me know what you think of that!

Also, here's a poll on Reverse Engineering. Do you want to:

A) Keep it

B) Lose it

So far we have LP in the B column.