Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Tigra (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=39794)

Hahma February 25th, 2012 08:43 AM

The Book of Tigra

The Book of Tigra

C3G MARVEL WAVE 11
THE AVENGER INITIATIVE

http://heroscapers.com/c3g/released/...igra_comic.png

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Fantastic Forces set.
Its model number and name are #031-33 / Tigra.
Character Bio - Greer Nelson started out as a human lab assistant who volunteered to go through treatments from Dr. Tumolo. These treatments took her from a normal human to peak human level. After the experiment, there was an explosion at the lab and Greer believed her mentor Dr. Tumolo to be dead but she had only feigned brain damage to avoid pursuit by HYDRA. Greer then she took up the mantle of The Cat and had a brief career as a crime fighter in Chicago, but then later went after HYDRA. While on this mission, Greer was shot with Alpha radiation. When Greer was dying, her mentor Dr. Tumolo revealed herself as a member of a mystical humanoid race of Cat People and offered to save her life by bonding her soul with one of Cat People. Greer accepted and was transformed into the mystical half-human and half-cat warrior known as Tigra. Tigra went on to help the Cat People defeat HYDRA's plans to steal a bacterial culture developed by the Cat People. Later, Tigra went on to work with the Fantastic Four, The Avengers and then the West Coast Avengers. Tigra has been on many adventures since and now helps work with new Avenger recruits.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
3 January 2021 - Stealth Leap wording update

Hahma February 25th, 2012 08:44 AM

Re: The Book of Tigra - Design Phase

NAME = TIGRA
SECRET IDENTITY = GREER NELSON

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = FIERCE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

BERSERKER RAGE 3
When Tigra attacks, she may attack 1 additional time for each Wound Marker on this card, up to a maximum of 3 total attacks in a single turn.

STEALTH LEAP 12
Instead of her normal move, Tigra may move up to 3 spaces with Stealth Leap. When moving with Stealth Leap, Tigra has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 12 levels in a single leap, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks when she starts to leap.

FEAR OF WATER
Before Tigra can move onto a water space, you must first roll one defense die. If you roll a shield, Tigra's movement immediately ends and she cannot attack this turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

Hahma February 25th, 2012 08:53 AM

I was going to originally have her attack at 4, but realized that first of all she has Super Strength and isn't afraid to use it, but more importantly, unlike Wolverine, she can't Heal (though she does have limited healing factor) to make use of her Berserker Rage more often and she doesn't reduce defense like Wolverine. So I think that by the time she gets 3 attacks, she'll have 2+ wounds already and her 3 attacks of 5 still will be less effective than Wolverine's.

Hahma February 25th, 2012 08:55 AM

Mini pix:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...inipix2028.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...inipix2027.jpg

Comic images:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...omicimage1.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...omicimage2.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...omicimage3.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...omicimage4.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...omicimage5.jpg

Margloth February 25th, 2012 09:41 AM

Looks spot on except the part about "an attack that could place her on a water space". That seems difficult to determine. What if you're playing with Knockback? On a map with quite a bit of water around, just about any attack could place her on water, but you wouldn't know until after rolling defense dice.

Hahma February 25th, 2012 10:16 AM

Good point Margloth :D Though in the case of he being on a map with a lot of water, then she'd get to add 1 auto shield more often. FOW was more specifically intended to work against powers like a couple Iron Man designs have that would push a figure away, or any other power like that on a card.

Generally I don't like to add something specific to a power to cater to Knockback, but I could see that the option of adding a skull instead of a shield is a minor enough addition to the Fear Of Water power that it can be doable.

Quote:

FEAR OF WATER
Anytime Tigra defends against an attack that could place her on a water space, you must may add 1 automatic shield or skull to whatever is rolled. Tigra rolls 1 less attack and defense die while on a water space.

FEAR OF WATER
Anytime Tigra defends against an attack that could place her on a water space, after rolling defense dice, you may add 1 automatic shield or skull to whatever is rolled. Tigra rolls 1 less attack and defense die while on a water space.

tcglkn February 25th, 2012 11:34 AM

Why not do something more like we have on Heat Wave for Fear of Water here?

Hahma February 25th, 2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

FEAR OF WATER
Before Tigra can enter a water space, you must first roll one defense die. If you roll a shield, Tigra's movement immediately ends and she cannot attack this turn.
Good idea Tickle. :D I was mostly thinking of her scratching and clawing and leaping to do anything to enter a water space when attacked, thus adding the auto shield. But this should work too as it isn't restricted to only her turn in being moved into a water space because if Iron Man blasts her back toward the water or Knockback sends her toward the water, she would roll the 1 defense die before moving into the water and might not have to get pushed/knocked back into it. So she could end up on the last space adjacent to water. Now would she still get to roll that die if she were being thrown into water by Jean Grey, Magneto or Graviton? Or being Webslinged in water by Spidey? I'd say you would still roll the die to keep her from being placed into the water, though would that stop the throw altogether or just place her on an appropriate (in range of throw/websling) adjacent non-water space. I'd go with her going as many spaces as possible without going into the water in that case if she rolled a shield.

I like that better:D

tcglkn February 25th, 2012 12:16 PM

I think mechanically, it would just cancel the throw all together, but that is a good question that I'm not 100% sure on.

When you said Fear of Water in the Brainstorming thread, this is the first thing that came to my mind so I was just surprised when it wasn't here.

Hahma February 25th, 2012 12:35 PM

I think you may be right mechanically. Because the opponent would say I'm placing Tigra 4 spaces away in that water space, so then you would roll the die and a shield would keep her from being moved at all I would think. However, if the opponent says they will place her 3 spaces and adjacent to the water space, she can't stop that. It would certainly offer a decision for the opponent on whether to risk her avoiding being thrown.

Now regarding Knockback, if she rolls a shield, then her movement would be stopped right before the water space and she would receive a wound right?

I forgot about Heat Wave's fear actually, or at least it didn't strike me as a power that would prevent her from being moved by an opponent.

tcglkn February 25th, 2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 1566932)
I think you may be right mechanically. Because the opponent would say I'm placing Tigra 4 spaces away in that water space, so then you would roll the die and a shield would keep her from being moved at all I would think. However, if the opponent says they will place her 3 spaces and adjacent to the water space, she can't stop that. It would certainly offer a decision for the opponent on whether to risk her avoiding being thrown.

Now regarding Knockback, if she rolls a shield, then her movement would be stopped right before the water space and she would receive a wound right?

I forgot about Heat Wave's fear actually, or at least it didn't strike me as a power that would prevent her from being moved by an opponent.

That does create an interesting tactical choice for the opponent.

With Knockback, you would roll the die right before she entered the water space and if she rolled a shield she would take a wound due to not being able to move the full amount of spaces.

It's one of those more subtle powers that's easy to forget, I'm glad we found another use for the concept here.

Griffin February 25th, 2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcglkn (Post 1566933)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahma (Post 1566932)

That does create an interesting tactical choice for the opponent.

With Knockback, you would roll the die right before she entered the water space and if she rolled a shield she would take a wound due to not being able to move the full amount of spaces.

It's one of those more subtle powers that's easy to forget, I'm glad we found another use for the concept here.

1 - I agree and well answered
2 - you guys have it right except she wouldn't just take an auto wound for KB, she would the have to roll for KB Damage, ;)

I very much like the fear power tickle suggested, as it was what I was expecting also.