Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Mobility Limitations? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=16543)

Granite-M February 26th, 2008 12:53 PM

Mobility Limitations?

I'm curious as to what other people's experiences are with the most HS you can reasonably carry around from place to place.

I've currently got 1.5 RotV's, 1 SotM, 1 Marvel, 1 Tundra, 1 Fortress, and about 1/2 of all the character expansions. All of this fits into a fairly large locking tub that fits into the back of my car and I can carry, but I'm constantly getting comments about "that ridiculously huge box you lug around."

Anybody discovered a happy medium between enjoyable amount of terrain / characters vs. how much you can get away with toting about?

ParaGoomba Slayer February 26th, 2008 01:03 PM

Meh, I just have everybody who plays come to my house, as I have more terrian, more figures, and I ALWAYS have a map set up. I'm the Alpha Heroscaper of my friends. 8)

Revdyer February 26th, 2008 01:09 PM

60 lbs., including boxes. That's the most I'm going to tote around. (Which means all my figures and about three RotV's of terrain and about a half-dozen other terrain sets.) It takes up the whole backseat of the small car I drive. I used to haul more, but I'm getting old and I've been sick lately. <grin>

Of course, the real answer is that you take what you need, nothing more, and no showing off. I usually need about 60 lbs. worth.

Ormus February 26th, 2008 01:19 PM

I could have the capacity too carry as much as Rev, but never have. Usually I make people come to me to play as I probably have the biggest HS supplies in a 100 mile radius.

Revdyer February 26th, 2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ormus
I could have the capacity too carry as much as Rev, but never have. Usually I make people come to me to play as I probably have the biggest HS supplies in a 100 mile radius.

<laughing> A hundred miles? Pfffft! My radius of insanity is 900 miles and my wife thinks I fill the car up with toys when we go on vacation. (She thinks I'm crazy...but I'm not. I'm obsessed.)

robbdaman February 26th, 2008 01:23 PM

I'm still at the stage where all my stuff fits in a short under bed sized bin and a couple shoeboxes but I've been over to HeroscapeLunatic's place and he has had to invest in a ton of bins and plastic drawers for everything. So my guess is that the game just keeps growing all the time and you need more and more space for it.

R~

STAROCEAN980 February 26th, 2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:

<laughing> A hundred miles? Pfffft! My radius of insanity is 900 miles and my wife thinks I fill the car up with toys when we go on vacation. (She thinks I'm crazy...but I'm not. I'm obsessed.)

I thought Santa used a bag not a bin. ;)

STAROCEAN980 February 26th, 2008 06:38 PM

I've piled on...

12 ROTV
2 SOTM
4 RTTFF
4 FOTA
2 VW
1 TT
O Marvel

and at least one of every other expansion with doubles of about 2/3 of them.

guido February 26th, 2008 07:16 PM

I regularly bring 1RotV, 1SotM, 2FotAK, 4RotFF, 3VW and 1TT worth of terrain with me to my cousins' house as well as all my figs and the terrain that came with them. Then again, I am usually there for three days in a row.

HeroscapeLunatic February 26th, 2008 07:57 PM

Much like ParaGoomba, I'd rather people come to my house due to the seemingly limitless amount of terrain, figs, and table space I have at my disposal.

When it comes to Game Day road trips, however, I bring all of my multiples of commons, 2 of each unique, my battle cards, and my dice/markers.

Kroc February 27th, 2008 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:

Hah, I bet I have the biggest in 2000 miles! You guys are so lame!

OK, it fits in a large tool box. You gotta draw your line, mine is a large tool box. I'll just only carry around whatever fits in there, and store the other stuff at home.

And don't worry about others laughing at you, when you explain that you have a bunch of dolls inside the box you're going to get sniggers anyway. OK, call them action figures if you want, miniatures if you really want them confused, but people just won't take us seriously, you know?

Kevin

Ugly-Caco February 27th, 2008 09:02 AM

When I was hospitalized I brought my scape with me. 1 ROTV box, and my toolbox for my figures, cards, dice, wound markers...etc.

The ROTV terrain except for all the single hex tiles. Also 20 double hex snow tiles, and all glaciers except for the big one.

It was all I needed (considering the bed table size).