Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=53489)

Ronin October 22nd, 2016 07:09 PM

Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

Marvel
Spoiler Alert!

DC

Miscellaneous

Ronin October 22nd, 2016 08:46 PM

Re: Ronin Sidekick Workshopping Thread

http://i.imgur.com/4olW8cy.jpg?1
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #040-042 / MACH-1, MACH-3, MACH-4.
Its model number and name are #202 / Abner Jenkins.

NAME = MACH-I
SECRET IDENTITY = ABNER JENKINS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = CONFIDENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180?

CHARLATAN SUPPORT FIRE 16
If an opponent's unengaged figure moves adjacent to a Charlatan you control within 5 clear sight spaces of MACH-I, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound. MACH-I may not use Charlatan Support Fire if he is engaged.

CROWD CONTROL SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
After attacking with this special attack, if MACH-I attacked a figure adjacent to at least one other figure you control, MACH-I may attack with this special attack again. MACH-I may not attack the same figure twice in one turn and may not attack more than four times total in one turn.

AERIAL SUPERIORITY
Non-flying figures engaged with MACH-I cannot roll for leaving engagement attacks against MACH-I or any other figures you control. After MACH-I defends against an attack from a non-flying figure, if excess shields were rolled, you may immediately move him up to 4 spaces.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Bio - Abner Jenkins was originally known (and perhaps still best known) as the Beetle, a small-time enemy to heroes like Spider-Man and the Human Torch. Abe donned the guise of MACH-I when he joined the Thunderbolts, Helmut Zemo's new team of supervillains masquerading as heroes. Abe had been regarded as a failure throughout his criminal career, and found that he enjoyed the public admiration and success that went with the lifestyle of a hero. He even struck up a romance with his teammate Songbird.

When Zemo revealed to the public that the Thunderbolts were truly former Masters of Evil in disguise and launched his endgame (nothing less than a bid for world domination), Abe joined most of his teammates in turning against Zemo. Despite their change of heart, the public was slow to trust the Thunderbolts, and they were fugitives from justice.

Though he had quickly emerged as the most heroic of all the original T-Bolts, Abe also had more skeletons in his closet than the others; he was the only T-Bolt with murder on his rap sheet. In order to help prove to the world that the Thunderbolts were now trying to be genuine heroes, Abe turned himself over to the police while his teammates continued as outlaw superheroes.

Notes -

5/12/2017 - Updated with new direction.

Ronin October 22nd, 2016 10:02 PM

http://i.imgur.com/UOJyGcO.jpg

Alternate Thunderbolts colors:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Deadpool set.
Its model numbers and name are #005, #034 / Venom.
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the 2015 Convention Exclusive set.
Its model numbers and name are #M15-009 / Agent Venom.

NAME = AGENT VENOM
SECRET IDENTITY = EUGENE "FLASH" THOMPSON

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SOLDIER
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 240?

SYMBIOTE RAGE 3
Add 1 to Agent Venom's Attack number for each Wound Marker on this card, to a maximum of 3 extra attack dice for Symbiote Rage. If there are 3 or more Wound Markers on this card, Agent Venom may not use his Blazing Guns special attack.

TENDRIL SWING 3
Instead of his normal move, Agent Venom may use his Tendril Swing. Tendril Swing has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Agent Venom’s Tendril Swing movement, ignore elevations. Agent Venom may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Agent Venom may not Tendril Swing more than 40 levels up or down in a single Tendril Swing. When Agent Venom uses Tendril Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Tendril Swing 3, you may use it one additional time.

BLAZING GUNS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
After attacking with this special attack, if you did not roll 2 or more blanks, you may attack again. You may continue attacking until you roll 2 or more blanks in a single attack, to a maximum of 4 attacks per turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

Bio - After spending most of his life as a bully, Flash was inspired by his idol, Spider-Man, to be a better person. In order to be a hero and serve his country, Flash joined the military. Flash served in Iraq and became a decorated war hero when he saved the life of his partner. Unfortunately, he lost his legs in the process, and he had to return to civilian life.

After a brief time as a civilian, Flash was chosen for Project Rebirth 2.0, successor to the government program that created Captain America. But this time, the military's means of creating a super-soldier wasn't a serum, it was the Venom symbiote. While bonded with Venom, Flash became capable of forming the symbiote's biomass into legs, and was able to walk again (on top of, y'know, having superpowers). The catch, naturally, was that the Venom symbiote did not like being used this way, and it was apt to influence Flash's behavior the longer he wore it.

Though he was initially only allowed to bond with the symbiote for short periods while on missions, that arrangement came to an end when the weapons dealer known as Crime-Master discovered Flash's identity and put Flash's loved ones under threat. Flash went AWOL and stole the symbiote in order to save his family.

The Avengers were tasked with bringing him in, but Flash eventually earned their trust, and was allowed to retain the symbiote. As Agent Venom, Flash has since been an Avenger, a Thunderbolt, and a Guardian of the Galaxy.

Notes - I've kicked around a few different permutations of how to simultaneously give him a multi-attack and represent the symbiote's freak outs, but I like this direction. Feels thematic to me, and I like that it gives him a soft synergy with Valkyrie (who he strikes up a romance with in Secret Avengers).

On the mini side of things, there are two options here. There's a rarer, more expensive figure that has him in the black and white (which is the more typical, iconic look), and also a more common one that has him in the black and red Thunderbolts colors. I wouldn't mind getting two sets of cards for him (so there's a card for both the more iconic look and the more readily-available one), but I hate to ask too much of the art team.

Ronin October 23rd, 2016 10:59 AM

http://i.imgur.com/M96YElg.jpg?1
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #031 / Fixer or #032 / Techno or #033 / Fixer.
NAME = TECHNO
SECRET IDENTITY = PAUL NORBERT EBERSOL

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 150-170?

CHARLATAN BRAVADO
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of any other Unique Charlatan Hero you control and taking a turn with that Charlatan, if that Charlatan attacked and did not inflict any wounds on any figure during its turn, you must take an immediate turn with Techno and may not take any additional turns with any other figures. During this turn, Techno may only attack figures adjacent to that Charlatan.

TECH-PAC
Before taking a turn with Techno, you may choose one of the following effects:
-add 2 to Techno's Move number for this turn,
-add 3 to Techno's Range number for this turn,
-or add 1 to Techno's Attack number for this turn.

RECKLESS ADVANCE
If Techno attacks an adjacent figure that he was not engaged with at the start of the turn, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. During this attack, all excess shields rolled by the defending figure count as unblockable hits inflicted on Techno by that figure.

FLYING

Bio - Technological genius Norbert Ebersol (a.k.a. the Fixer) was the first villain to be recruited by Helmut Zemo into a new iteration of the Masters of Evil. Norbert helped Zemo to gather other members of the team, and when Zemo decided that these new Masters would masquerade as superheroes, Norbert put his genius towards creating advanced technology that would disguise the villains' faces and voices, preventing them from being recognized by the public. Norbert also created Songbird's harness based on technology appropriated from Klaw, and assisted Abner Jenkins in creating the MACH-I armor.

Norbert adopted the codename "Techno" and continued to serve as the tech expert for the Masters as they went public with their "heroic" identities, claiming to be a new superhero team known as the Thunderbolts. Norbert was the most cocky and confident member of the team, and the one who came closest to accidentally exposing the team's true nature.

Notes - Intended to be a buddy for Citizen V as a back-up bonding option.

5/12/2017 - Updated with new direction.

japes October 23rd, 2016 12:40 PM

Another of my mini's missing a card...

Ronin October 29th, 2016 12:29 PM

http://i.imgur.com/6p2pgll.png
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutations & Monsters set.
Its model number and name are #047 / Super Adaptoid.

NAME = SUPER-ADAPTOID
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AUTOMATON
PERSONALITY = UNIMAGINATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE ??

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 450?

REPULSOR BURST
Once per round, instead of moving and attacking with Super-Adaptoid, you may roll an unblockable attack die, one at a time, against each adjacent figure. If a figure receives a wound from Repulsor Burst, you may place it on any empty space within 2 spaces of its previous placement. Figures moved by Repulsor Burst do not take leaving engagement attacks.

MARKSMANSHIP
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Super-Adaptoid's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to Super-Adaptoid's Range number for this turn.

MJOLNIR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6+Special. Attack 4.
Super-Adaptoid may attack one non-adjacent figure within 6 clear sight spaces, even if Super-Adaptoid is engaged, and any or all figures adjacent to Super-Adaptoid. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

VIBRANIUM ALLOY SHIELD
When defending against an attack, Super-Adaptoid always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Bio - The Super-Adaptoid is an android created by A.I.M. to attack Captain America and the Avengers. Powered by a fragment of a Cosmic Cube, the Super-Adaptoid is able to mimic the appearances and powers of anyone nearby. Though it has clashed with a variety of Marvel heroes since it broke free of A.I.M.'s control, it is still best known for its battles with the Avengers, and often draws from the Avengers' powers when fighting other superhumans.

Notes - Not sure how big the mini actually is, but I think he's in Large territory.

If you're unfamiliar, the Super-Adaptoid is basically the Avengers' Amazo, so I took pretty much the same approach.

Ronin October 30th, 2016 07:19 PM

NAME = CAMMI
SECRET IDENTITY = CAMILLE BENALLY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RUNAWAY?
PERSONALITY = DAUNTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ~110

JETPACK BURST 3
Instead of her normal move, Cammi may use Jetpack Burst. Jetpack Burst has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Cammi's Jetpack Burst movement, ignore elevations. Cammi may move over water without stopping, move over figures without becoming engaged, and move over obstacles such as ruins. If Cammi is engaged when she starts to use Jetpack Burst, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks and cannot attack this turn.

ANTI-PERSONNEL MINE
Once per game, after an opponent's figure ends its movement within 3 clear sight spaces of Cammi, you may immediately roll 2 unblockable attack dice against that figure, and then a single unblockable attack die, one at a time, against any or all figures adjacent to that figure.
-------------------------
Bio - When Drax the Destroyer was stranded in the tiny Earth town of Coot's Bluff, Alaska, Cammi decided to tag along with him. After helping Drax through the Annihilation War, Cammi decided to give him the slip and make her own way through space. After spending a couple years building up a criminal record, Cammi earned the attention of Abigail Brand and SWORD, who arrested her and brought her back to Earth.

After unwillingly returning to Earth, Cammi was embroiled in the schemes of the supervillains Arcade and Helmut Zemo, along with several other young heroes. Despite being an "ordinary" 13 year-old girl with no superpowers, Cammi lead her fellow teen heroes in taking down the villains.

Notes - I'm planning on running 1-2 simple designs between Thunderbolts to help fill out other boosters-in-progress, and give myself ample mulling-things-over time on the T-Bolts. Cammi fits in with a few different things brewing behind the scenes right now, plus she's just generally great, so she's definitely on my shortlist.

Worth noting that I was considering a small power to tie her to Drax, but it felt a little unnecessary since the design is otherwise mainly drawing from Cammi's more recent appearances, not Annihilation-era stuff. A slightly more generalist spin on that (to let her work with some of the teen heroes that she takes charge of) would be something like this, probably:

Quote:

???
When a figure you control moves normally or with the Relentless Advance special power, that figure may move one additional space if it ends its move adjacent to Cammi. At the start of each round, if you win initiative and there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may immediately use Cammi's Jetpack Burst 3 special power.

japes October 30th, 2016 08:28 PM

I have Super Adaptoid drafted. I went a different route since I didn't want him to be too similar in style to Amazo an instead went with the always changing route. I'll share when I get to a computer.

Ronin October 30th, 2016 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2119066)
I have Super Adaptoid drafted. I went a different route since I didn't want him to be too similar in style to Amazo an instead went with the always changing route. I'll share when I get to a computer.

Curious to see what you have. The mechanics are different enough from Amazo's that I'm fine with the similarity in style.

If you're going more for the plain white mini from the Captain America set, I could see the constant changing version there. But for the mini that's actually got the amalgamated Avengers' appearances, I definitely like the Amazo route.

japes October 31st, 2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2119071)
Quote:

Originally Posted by japes (Post 2119066)

Curious to see what you have. The mechanics are different enough from Amazo's that I'm fine with the similarity in style.

If you're going more for the plain white mini from the Captain America set, I could see the constant changing version there. But for the mini that's actually got the amalgamated Avengers' appearances, I definitely like the Amazo route.

Yes the all white version. I PM'd the discussion to you.

dok October 31st, 2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 2118908)
http://i.imgur.com/6p2pgll.png
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutations & Monsters set.
Its model number and name are #047 / Super Adaptoid.

NAME = SUPER-ADAPTOID
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AUTOMATON
PERSONALITY = UNIMAGINATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE ??

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 450?

REPULSOR BURST
Once per round, instead of moving and attacking with Super-Adaptoid, you may roll an unblockable attack die, one at a time, against each adjacent figure. If a figure receives a wound from Repulsor Burst, you may place it on any empty space within 2 spaces of its previous placement. Figures moved by Repulsor Burst do not take leaving engagement attacks.

MARKSMANSHIP
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Super-Adaptoid's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to Super-Adaptoid's Range number for this turn.

MJOLNIR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6+Special. Attack 4.
Super-Adaptoid may attack one non-adjacent figure within 6 clear sight spaces, even if Super-Adaptoid is engaged, and any or all figures adjacent to Super-Adaptoid. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

VIBRANIUM ALLOY SHIELD
When defending against an attack, Super-Adaptoid always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Bio - The Super-Adaptoid is an android created by A.I.M. to attack Captain America and the Avengers. Powered by a fragment of a Cosmic Cube, the Super-Adaptoid is able to mimic the appearances and powers of anyone nearby. Though it has clashed with a variety of Marvel heroes since it broke free of A.I.M.'s control, it is still best known for its battles with the Avengers, and often draws from the Avengers' powers when fighting other superhumans.

Notes - Not sure how big the mini actually is, but I think he's in Large territory.

If you're unfamiliar, the Super-Adaptoid is basically the Avengers' Amazo, so I took pretty much the same approach.

I basically like the approach. Two Four thoughts/concerns:
  • If I were looking to pare it down, I might drop Markmanship (I get the desire to put everyone in there but the others are more obvious visually and kind of required, while that Hawkeye power feels a touch tacked on).

• Ranged attack of 7 is pretty rare - only on Selene (which is a mistake, IMO), Seth, and some Event Heroes. Given the presence of the Mjolnir special attack, I might just drop range to 1.

• In a further effort to make sure every power on the card feels important, I might make Repulsor burst just "instead of moving" instead of "instead of moving and attacking". As long as it's limited to once per round it should still be OK. As it stands I'd be pretty unlikely to pass up a big attack for that power.

• Amazo is an Event Hero; if Super Adaptoid is going to be at this power level, should it be an Event Hero as well? SA's appearances as I remember them don't feel super event-y but if it's not an Event Hero it's kind of absurd in a Mad Thinker build, plus it becomes pretty epic as an Avenger too (ironic?).

Ronin October 31st, 2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dok (Post 2119112)
I basically like the approach. Two Four thoughts/concerns:
  • If I were looking to pare it down, I might drop Markmanship (I get the desire to put everyone in there but the others are more obvious visually and kind of required, while that Hawkeye power feels a touch tacked on).

• Ranged attack of 7 is pretty rare - only on Selene (which is a mistake, IMO), Seth, and some Event Heroes. Given the presence of the Mjolnir special attack, I might just drop range to 1.

• In a further effort to make sure every power on the card feels important, I might make Repulsor burst just instead of moving instead of instead of moving and attacking. As long as it's limited to once per round it should still be OK. As it stands I'd be pretty unlikely to pass up a big attack for that power.

• Amazo is an Event Hero; if Super Adaptoid is going to be at this power level, should it be an Event Hero as well? SA's appearances as I remember them don't feel super event-y but if it's not an Event Hero it's kind of absurd in a Mad Thinker build, plus it becomes pretty epic as an Avenger too (ironic?).

• Marksmanship is the easiest drop, for sure. It does seem a shame to leave him without a Hawkeye power when he's got Hawkeye's mask on, though. I think of it like Water Might on Amazo; not strictly necessary for the card, but it feels like a theme-enhancer for me.
  • I'd definitely be comfortable dropping either his range or attack. Probably range.
  • Fair point.
  • I think of Super-Adaptoid as a bit below Amazo's power level, in the same way that the Avengers are a bit lower-rent than the JL. I'm willing to bump him to Event to cut out Mad Thinker (japes and I had the same back-and-forth in PMs, pretty much), but otherwise I'd prefer Unique.

Also, thought it's worth mentioning that I really like japes' version with the power mimicry. I think there's room for both takes, but I'm probably back-burnering this one for now.