Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Bungalow (Exterior Play) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=52930)

IAmBatman April 29th, 2016 03:57 PM

The Book of Bungalow (Exterior Play)

The Book of Bungalow (Exterior Play)

C3G
HOME SWEET HOME

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...7_original.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...galow_Base.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...galow_Base.png
Base Map PDF

The Bungalow is a terrain feature. Model: Plasticville U.S.A.® Classic Kits

Cape Cod House pkg(2) - O scale- #45608
* You can also print your own with these 3D files.

The Bungalow uses the C3G Building rules. The Bungalow(Exterior) is an Enclosed Structure and has a Transit number of 4 and allows single spaced figures with a Height of 7 or less to travel through it from one Exit (denoted by the door symbols) to another using the Transit Rules.

Character Bio - A friendly little bungalow off of Cape Cod.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • N/A
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Tornado April 29th, 2016 03:58 PM

Re: The Book of Small House (Playtesting)

Base map (A3n pdf) to scale, no 'entrance/exits spaces' noted

Here is an early attempt to show exits(actually Entrance spaces).
I think it could work, using the arrows to point to the corresponding Door.
The big problem is the front Door. There is going to have to be wording that tells you to count that space(which is bisected by the Door) when moving and not to count it twice as two Half Spaces.

Tornado April 29th, 2016 03:58 PM

TERRAIN PLAYTEST: SMALL HOUSE

Size: The Small House is an interior access structure. The Small House, allows Tiny, Small, Medium, and Large figures, up to Height 7, to occupy available spaces in its interior.

Unit types positively affected: Ranged units are able to fire from and into the Small House with relative ease. Disengage figures are able to enter the front door which bisects a hex making it not legal for placement but does allow for movement through as long as it does not cause engagement.

Unit types negatively affected: Range 1. The Small House offers some challenges for hand to hand types as they may be forced to attack from the doorways. Luckily with three doors there are options and multiple points of attacks. Tiny units like the Rat Swarms may find it difficult to maintain LoS with their leader(Vermin).
Huge figures are stuck on the outside and if they lack range and their enemy has range, they are pretty much hosed.

Key areas on the Map: Between the windows on the side with no doors. This is the best hiding spot!

Army Test 1

Map: Two cabins set between a gently lapping crystal clear lake and small hills leading to a forest. (Basically Island Plane Crash stripped down to Level 2 with two Small Houses by the water).

Units: Jason(180), Rocket Racoon(175), Baron Zemo(170), Angel(90) & Atom(50)[665] vs. Hawkman(225),Hawkgirl(225) & Hawkmen(x2)(100)[650] .

Spoiler Alert!

This could have easily gone the other way. I have never seen Hawkgirl completely fail before and this just made things bad for Team Hawk.
Jason struggled to hide due to the Hawks spreading out and all the open doors and windows.
He did return from the dead and managed to inflict 3wounds vs SS.

Army Test 2
Map: Two cabins with boarded up windows, set between a gently lapping crystal clear lake and small hills leading to a forest.
Units: Jason(180), Kraven(200), Meteorite(210) & Graviton(400)[990] vs. Nick Fury(220), Iron Man(270), Banshee(160) & Agents of Shield(x3)(110)[980].

Spoiler Alert!

Graviton dominates. Map works against Agents. Boarded windows help Jason.

Army Test 3
Map: Two cabins with boarded up windows, set between a gently lapping crystal clear lake and small hills leading to a forest.
Units: Jason(180), Starlord(220), Baron Zemo(170), Sandman(210) & Jean Grey(180)[990] vs. F4[1000].

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 4
Map: Flat map with a lake to one side, a forest on the other, two Small Houses in the center.
Units: Vermin[150], Rat Swarm(x16)[160], Starlord[250], Archangel[260] & Punisher[180] vs Fantastic 4{1000 each}.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 5
Map: Flat map with a lake to one side, a forest on the other, two Small Houses in the center.

Units: Vermin[150], Rat Swarms(x13)[130], Invisible Woman[215] & Angel[90]{585} vs. Luke Cage[190], Shang-Chi[230] & Swordsman[160]{580}.

Spoiler Alert!

Units: Vermin[150], Rat Swarms(x12)[120], Cyclops[190], Jean Grey[180] & Blob[165]{805} vs. Wrecking Crew{800}.

Spoiler Alert!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Army Test 7
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 195
- Give a brief overview. Dark Judges vs. Wrecking Crew, no holds barred.

Map: Stripped down Island Plane Crash with two Small Houses.

Units: Judge Fire[195], Judge Death[295], Judge Mortis[165] & Judge Fear[145]{800} vs. Wrecker[230], Piledriver[190], Bulldozer[190] & Thunderball[190]{800}.

Summary:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 8
- Give a brief overview. Re-Match DJs vs. Crew.

Units: Dark Judges vs. Wrecking Crew{800 apiece}.

Damage Done: normal: 1 vs. Bulldozer. PTS: 1.

Summary:
Spoiler Alert!

This one went completely the other way with the Wrecking Crew stringing together turns effectively. Piledriver proved to be the best option for OMs and tore the Dark Judges a new one.

Army Test 9
- Give a brief overview. Re-Match #2.

Units: DJs vs Crew{800 apiece}.

Damage Done: normal: 3 vs Piledriver(2 from Face of Fear). PTS: 5.

Summary:
Spoiler Alert!

Pretty close. Both teams were getting better feel how to handle and counter the other. Fire had a really nice game but the Crew are just a cut above the DJs.

Army Test 10
- Give a brief overview. DJs vs F4.

Units: Judge Fire[195], Judge Death[295], Judge Mortis[165], Judge Fear[145] & Jason vs. Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch & Thing{1000}.

Damage Done: normal: 2 vs. Human Torch. PTS: 2.

Summary:
Spoiler Alert!

Much like the first Wrecking Crew battle, I failed to utilize the opponents of the Dark Judges. Thing could not get it together and slowly got ground down by auto-wounds.

Army Test 11
- Give a brief overview. Re-Match with F4.

Units: DJs & Jason vs. F4.

Damage Done: normal: none. PTS: 3.

Summary:
Spoiler Alert!

This was a blood bath and the F4 showed what they are all about, smashing in the faces of the DJs boldly without fear. I changed strategy here and destroyed Fear and Death first. It left Fire and Mortis with their auto-wounding power but they were diminished by the loss of their brothers and did not stand a chance against the brutality of Thing.

Army Test 12
- What should be the unit's point value? 195.
- Give a brief overview. Dark Judges stomp team Cap.

Units: Judge Fire[195], Judge Death[295], Judge Fear[135], Judge Mortis[165], Jocasta[180] & Fire Ant Swarms(x2)[20]{1000} vs Cap[240], Bucky[60], Ms. Marvel[350] & Wendigo[350]{1000}.

Power Summary.

Damage Done: Normal: none. [PTS]: 1 vs. Cap

Purge the Sinners 11: 6 moves, 1 for 6 on d20 rolls
Lava Resistant: not used
Dimensional Teleport: twice

Summary:
Spoiler Alert!

Once again the Dark Judges surprise by winning the first battle against new opponents. For some reason the DJs must get underestimated. Once again they rolled very good defense vs. poor attacks early that allowed the group to function at near prime capacity. Judge Fire was lackluster at best but Purge the Sinners kept the other DJs in position to succeed. Jocasta was a very nice addition to the group able to engage the enemy and establish a position for the DJs to teleport into and then does defensive thing. The one negative though is leaving an empty space she can move into depending on the terrain.

Army Test 13
- What should be the unit's point value? 195.
- Give a brief overview. Re-match. DJs get slaughtered.

Units: Judge Fire[195], Judge Death[295], Judge Fear[135], Judge Mortis[165], Jocasta[180] & Fire Ant Swarms(x2)[20]{1000} vs Cap[240], Bucky[60], Ms. Marvel[350] & Wendigo[350]{1000}.

Power Summary.

Damage Done: Normal: 2 vs Wendigo. [PTS]: 1 vs. Wendigo

Purge the Sinners 11: 1 move, 1 for 1 on d20 rolls
Lava Resistant: not used
Dimensional Teleport: once

Summary:
Spoiler Alert!

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Before my first impromptu test I thought these Small House tests were just something I would have to dredge through to get to foam core built buildings and ruins. However I found them to add an incredibly awesome layer of strategy to the game that I absolutely enjoyed.

Shooting through windows and doors was a blast. {My only complaint is a little too much visibility but I think we can reduce that with DO Curtains in the future if we want. I used this Curtain set up in a Jason test and it certainly was nice for him and his movement and resurrection powers.}

Tornado April 29th, 2016 03:59 PM

Occupying Interior Access Structures
The Book of each Interior Access Structure specifies what size and height figure can occupy that structure. Most Interior Access Structures permit Tiny, Small, Medium, and Large figures, up to Height 7, to occupy them, as long as those figures can fit normally into available spaces within those structures. The Small House, for example, allows Tiny, Small, Medium, and Large figures, up to Height 7, to occupy available spaces in its interior.

Entering Interior Access Structures
Each interior access structure has Entrance spaces marked in its Book. Any figure that can occupy an interior access structure can enter that same interior access structure, so long as that figure follows all of the normal rules of movement and engagement in the process. Figures entering must be placed on an Exit space.

I think this covers having the doors on. We just need to have a graphic that clearly labels where the Entrances are but also the Exit hexes and this rule.

Exiting Interior Access Structures
Each interior access structure has Exit spaces marked in its Book. Any figure that can occupies an Exit space of an interior access structure can exit that same interior access structure, so long as that figure follows all of the normal rules of movement and engagement in the process. Figures exiting must be placed on an Entrance space.

I think we need the bolded part in there but I am not entirely sure and I do not think it is quite worded properly as it should probably say something about corresponding entrance/exit space. I was going to say adjacent but that does not work with the front door.

Tornado April 29th, 2016 04:05 PM

I am a bit unsure how this Book should look.
I will get a a pic for the OP with the doors on.

We still need some work on the base maps. We will have one to be printed out and another that shows to the entrances and exits.

I will post what we have so far in the SP.

Still need a little work on the wording(and maybe mechanics?) of the Entrance/Exit hex rules.

japes October 25th, 2016 05:32 PM

All fixed now

Yodaking October 27th, 2016 12:44 PM

Since I own them I can help with play testing. Just let me know what you need to see from play testing.

Tornado October 27th, 2016 12:57 PM

I could use some input there.

I went off from the map testing form.

I guess just use my form for now and if you think of anything to add or remove, then let us know.

I think you can just add them into any playtest. Just keep an idea of they affect the gameplay.

Thanks YK. That will be a big help. No hurry though. I may try to go back through Bat's tests where he used them and covert the figure playtest to House playtests.
Not sure how much he mentioned them though.

Yodaking November 21st, 2016 05:24 PM

Maybe for the corresponding exit/entrance hexes on the final graphic can be numbered or something. So each hex labeled Exit1 or Entrance1 are linked and can moved between. That way you can make it clear in the rules that you can't move from Exit2 to Entrance1. That does pose one problem though as their is one interior space that you can move through two different doors from. Perhaps it will need to be detailed in the book of with some graphics showing where each exit can reach and how many moves it takes to get there. It is pretty intuitive when looking at the hex pattern and house doors while set up on a map, we really just need an official set of rules for the rule lawyers. Then once anyone looks at those rules once I don't think anyone will ever need to look at them again.

Tornado November 21st, 2016 05:29 PM

Yeah, it is harder to 'rule' than it is just to play.
I was thinking we could maybe use arrows that point to the proper door.
Then in the hex with two options you could have two arrows, one pointing to each door.

Tornado December 14th, 2016 04:14 PM

Play me. Play me.
I am fun. :)

Ronin December 14th, 2016 04:22 PM

Sorry for the hold up! This one keeps getting away from me. I may not be able to get to it until after the holidays, but I'll test it as soon as I can.