Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Ask Craig Van Ness... (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=24328)

Huggable Zombie April 8th, 2009 02:52 PM

Ask Craig Van Ness...

Hey guys,

I've got an opportunity to do an interview with Craig for an upcoming feature on Heroscape that I'm writing for the newspaper here in Sac that runs my regular column. It'll be a general introductory piece on Heroscape, its design, its history, and its value for those looking for family entertainment on a budget.

So, with that in mind, I have about 15 questions that I can ask Craig and would love to get some questions from you guys that you might want to see answered. Bear in mind that this is going to be a general-interest piece to an audience uniformed about HS, so technical/strategy questions aren't really going to make the cut. But if there's something that you've been wondering, please post and let me know- I'll see if I can work it in.

Uprising April 8th, 2009 03:03 PM

Re: Ask Craig Van Ness...

I was under the impression that Craig no longer works directly with Heroscape as he's with Hasbro and WOTC now deal with Heroscape?

braveheart101 April 8th, 2009 03:04 PM

Okay, here is a question: Got any info you can tell us on master set 3? Also, what is your answer to people who think 'scape may be evil becaue of having magic and undead int it?

Huggable Zombie April 8th, 2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uprising (Post 791934)
I was under the impression that Craig no longer works directly with Heroscape as he's with Hasbro and WOTC now deal with Heroscape?

That's correct. But because I wanted to do an interview with one of the creators and their inspiration for the game, WotC was able to hook me up with an interview with Craig, even in his capacity with Hasbro.

I'm also dealing with the current Brand Manager for Heroscape, so more recent questions regarding the brand will go through him, not Craig.

Uprising April 8th, 2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huggable Zombie (Post 791945)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uprising (Post 791934)

That's correct. But because I wanted to do an interview with one of the creators and their inspiration for the game, WotC was able to hook me up with an interview with Craig, even in his capacity with Hasbro.

I'm also dealing with the current Brand Manager for Heroscape, so more recent questions regarding the brand will go through him, not Craig.

Cool. Ask him why Taelord costs so much?

Follower of Vydar April 8th, 2009 03:14 PM

I do not have a question but I'd love to see the article when it runs. Does the paper have an online edition?

BurnyFlame April 8th, 2009 03:16 PM

For Mr. Van Ness: From where did you get the inspiration for HeroScape? How many games have you designed? Where would HeroScape rank among those?

For the manager: What are you doing to ensure that HeroScape remains popular into the future? Would you consider taking pre-orders of the next wave to assure that their is still a large market? Can you get all the big retailers to continue to stock HeroScape (like Target and Toys'R'Us)?

Gold1 April 8th, 2009 03:20 PM

Can you post the atricle here? Anyway I would ask him the basics like, what is it? How did you create it? Why did you create it and what are youre plans for the future?
Oh yeah, and don't forget to ask for an autograph.

Huggable Zombie April 8th, 2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Follower of Vydar (Post 791952)
I do not have a question but I'd love to see the article when it runs. Does the paper have an online edition?

Ugg. It does, but is also a completely bothersome system. I'll get an archive of it up here when it runs.

Draconious April 8th, 2009 04:07 PM

HeroQuest, Stratego Legends, BattleMasters...
all seem like stages in evolution to HeroScape...
Will there be another stage? :)

SlikkRikk April 8th, 2009 04:13 PM

To Mr. Van Ness -- Do you and Steve Baker have any plans to do any games together in the future? Any chance on making an updated Heroquest? :) I know you want to.

Darkness1717 April 8th, 2009 05:17 PM

For the manager: What are you doing to ensure that HeroScape remains popular into the future? Would you consider taking pre-orders of the next wave to assure that their is still a large market? Can you get all the big retailers to continue to stock HeroScape (like Target and Toys'R'Us)?[/quote]

Please ask him this question. Toy's R Us needs to start selling Heroscape again. Then I can buy some Valcarean Wasteland and some flagbarrers.